• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Friends with benefits?

• Thread starter DeletedUser11159
  • Start date

DeletedUser11159

Sorry if this is already answered somewhere but I can't find it - what benefit does being a friend with someone in game give. Not talking about the reward for introducing new players, just if you make an existing player a friend. I have heard it said it can be used for spying, also suggested you get free trades as in guild, but not seen anything conclusive as yet?

TIA

Dai

DeletedUser

Some of the benefits I have found start with finding friends from who are not in your Guild or your Neighborhood and who have Great Buildings.

More people for mutual mot/pol is an obvious one. Anything your friends have up for trade is listed on your market so there are more products available to trade for. If you want to compete for medals and bp you can contribute to your friend's GB (or exchange forge points if you also have a GB). The last item is potential recruits for your Guild. Try to recruit the most active people from your friends list to your Guild, eliminate the duds from your friends list, then go find more friends.

DeletedUser11159

Thanks, that is a good list, can anyone add anything else or did GrossEyeEh nail it?

Greywolf

Sergeant
You can't attack friends in your neighboorhood. Which is handy so you can't accidentally attack them if you have a NAP with them or a NAP with the guild they are part of.

DeletedUser11159

handy thanks, I have had people before I didn't want to attack but in the heat of an an attack frenzy.. :)

Anyone know why it would have been said that being a friend allowed spying?

DeletedUser

If you are a friend it means you can motivate. If you go to your friend's city to motivate and there is nothing left to polish or motivate, there is a good chance he has not been on line for a while. That is all that comes to mind about spying that you cannot see unless on one of your lists.

DeletedUser9168

I was on the point of starting a new thread but my question sort of links with the above comment by Greywolf "You can't attack friends in your neighboorhood."
I get frequently attacked by one of my 'friends' from my own neighbourhood and i don't understand how he can do it! Beneath his avatar in both my neighbourhood list and my friends list, i do not have the orange attack button. When i have motivated him it shows the time remaining till I can next visit, after which it is just an empty space - exactly as I would expect. So HOW CAN HE ATTACK ME? Surely he should have the same options open to him for me as i have for him? I initially sent the friend invitation, which he accepted. At one stage, after someone suggested it must be a glitch in the system, I terminated the friendship and after a couple of days sent him a new invite, which again he accepted. He left me alone for a while but in the last couple of days has started attacking me again, despite my daily motivation of his city. Can anyone explain what might be going on?
Thanks, Jampots

DeletedUser

If your "friend" is in the same neighborhood as you, currently he can attack you from the attack button next to your name in the PVP towers. He still cannot plunder you after the attack, though.

DeletedUser9168

Oh that's how he does it then! But if he can't plunder, I guess that's not too bad. I keep checking my events screen for the following 24 hours each time with trepidation in case i've been plundered!
Thanks for solving the mystery.

DeletedUser6968

If your "friend" is in the same neighborhood as you, currently he can attack you from the attack button next to your name in the PVP towers. He still cannot plunder you after the attack, though.

I learn something new each day. Thanks for the info::)

DeletedUser

Wasn't that reported as a known bug - so....

DeletedUser

Yes, but it is not known whether it is actually a bug or is an intended feature.

This has been reported in the past and I see the same 2 responses/arguments from that report. ;)

I'll mark this as investigating for now, if I can get a straight answer I'll let you know.

- L

DeletedUser

I have no idea if it is considered a bug or a feature. It has been reported though, yes.

I was just saying that currently, you are able to do this in the game.

Greywolf

Sergeant
I have no idea if it is considered a bug or a feature. It has been reported though, yes.

I was just saying that currently, you are able to do this in the game.

It would be rather odd if this is indeed an intended feature, because either you are allowed to attack friends in your neighbourhood or you aren't. If the game designers think it is allowed to attack friends in neighbourhood then it should be possible to do so from the neighbourhood-bar. The way it is now looks an awfully lot like a loophole.

DeletedUser

It would be rather odd if this is indeed an intended feature, because either you are allowed to attack friends in your neighbourhood or you aren't. If the game designers think it is allowed to attack friends in neighbourhood then it should be possible to do so from the neighbourhood-bar. The way it is now looks an awfully lot like a loophole.

Agreed. And whether or not it is a BUG is very important. If it is a bug, all that is required is telling the player they are exploiting a bug and point to the thread and the rules. They then HAVE to stop or be banned. If it is not a bug then why make it a hidden means of attack. Not something devs/whoever should play "we want you to figure it out yourself" with.