• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Friends List. - Not possible to polish motivate some people.

DeletedUser

Ive noticed several people in my friends list, that are permanently greyed out in the polish motivate when I visit their cities.

Not sure if it is a bug, but I assume that its supposed to be possible to polish/motivate the people in the friends list and more importantly they should be able to motivate my workers and polish my wood.

The people in question are all on different neigbourhoods and most if not all are old guild mates that left for other guilds. Not sure if that has an impact.

Ill see about resetting one of the people later, by dissolving friendship and asking anew, but I havent gotten around to that yet as Id want to let him know about it first.

Regards, Tviorr

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1081

i can't polish/motivate "friends" either, unless they're in my neighbourhood or guild.
but i don't know whether that's the way it's supposed to work.

(Herluth, i tried that on Arvahall:
0.15.9216 (22.08.2012 11:46), mink (62264), en1, en_US, WIN 11,2,202,235, Windows XP, Firefox/14.0.1, 1232x643)

DeletedUser

I have assumed that the friends do indeed have to be in your neighborhood, or guild before you can polish/motivate them. Also, as Mink mentioned, I am not sure if this is how it is supposed to work, therefor, I will set this as investigating, and we will look into it.

Thanks.

DeletedUser

Thx.

I was kind of wondering too. - Cant think of a good reason why you shouldnt be able to help out friends outside your neighbourhood. Maybe theres some sort of abuse angle I havent considered. - But seeing as guild members dont have to be in your neighbourhood to get help from you, quite possibly it would be consistent that the friendlist is open to help as well?

In any case thanks for listening :-)

DeletedUser

This may be a step by step thing like the guild implementation was. If I remember correctly, we started out with guilds, but could not help each other in any way, but an update, or two later, we then had the ability to do this. Do not take my words as fact however, I still have not received a full answer to this as of yet, this is purely a guess as of now.

DeletedUser

I don't know if the Friend's list has a limit (and if it did you'd have to be selective who you'd friend lol..), but I think there'd be an abuse in Money income.
If you'd friend the whole realm (taken that this would be possible), and you'd polish everyone every day, your money income would throw the game out of balance.

I think having the ability to already get a 'free' (80guild+80neighbourhood=) 160x20= 3200 coins a day when you -just- join the game is quite sufficient. Ofcourse with higher Ages come way more steep costs to things, but you also get better housing with better income.
Now imagine you could friend all 5-6k players on the realm.. x20coins..

Even if the Friends List would have an 80 limit too that would still give 1600 additional free coins a day. Not much for those past the EMA, but the game doesn't consist of only post-EMA players.

That's my two cents anyway, maybe the developers think it is fair after all and implement it in a new update. Who knows.

- Lodroth