• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Forgotten temple FP boost not working on Aegean. Couples Resort

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
I am unsure but I don't think the Forgotten Temple is working as stated, I checked my main city in which I have it placed and the only buildings that seem to have the 20% boost are Wisteria Windmill, Panda Shrine, Charcoal Express, Elephant Citadels and Statue of Honours. None of the other buildings have the 20% additional boost marked on the rewards window or is it that some buildings are not marked thus or have to be polished or motivated ?, I will recheck on next daily collection on all my buildings, ensuring all are mot/pol, and see

Last edited:

Emberguard

Legend
Are you guys on Mobile or Desktop?

Might be the visual error where Mobile App shows the base amounts on the building, but the boosted amount on the actual Forge Point bar. Still worth contacting support to make sure though

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
I contacted INNo and the following is the reply, it isn't a bug evidently,

" Please take a look at the building description, it shows production and then it says that you can win one of the rewards (Forge Points or Blueprints) this is an additional reward not the building production, so as it can be doubled by The Blue Galaxy because it doubles collection, it is not helped by the Forgotten Temple as it only aids to the production of Forge Points, not any random rewards the building is offering".

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
I contacted INNo and the following is the reply, it isn't a bug evidently,

" Please take a look at the building description, it shows production and then it says that you can win one of the rewards (Forge Points or Blueprints) this is an additional reward not the building production, so as it can be doubled by The Blue Galaxy because it doubles collection, it is not helped by the Forgotten Temple as it only aids to the production of Forge Points, not any random rewards the building is offering".
LOL, are they game developers or lawyers? so a "random production" doesn't count as a production, but it does count as something collected for purposes of the Blue Galaxy? The distinction between what is "produced" or "collected" is a very fine line.

So all the newer buildings that have all this random production stuff and pop-ups, that's a clever way to say none of these things are actually being "produced" by those buildings, it is instead random bonus rewards that just happen to come when you collect the building's production. LOL, and random bonus rewards are technically not subject to any % boosts on production. Good to know.

I assume this is not only an issue for forgotten temple's boost to forge points, but also GB's and other buildings that boost coins and supplies (Lighthouse, St Marks) except that no one cared enough about anything but the FPs to do the math on what's being boosted within all the random production possibilities that showed up this year. Blue galaxy only works because it is a chance to double "collection" not "production." Better read the fine print before you sign anything :lol:

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
And yet the official wiki page

Clearly states production in the main write up and yet states Collection next to the Icon artwork of the temple, so which is it ? Production or collection, personally I really don't care its only a few fps, but if the Official wiki page isn't clear, then people are going to be confused and obviously so are INNO, so it needs to corrected one way or another.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
And yet the official wiki page

Clearly states production in the main write up and yet states Collection next to the Icon artwork of the temple, so which is it ? Production or collection, personally I really don't care its only a few fps, but if the Official wiki page isn't clear, then people are going to be confused and obviously so are INNO, so it needs to corrected one way or another.
Yes, even the wiki is inconsistent, calling it both "a bonus to Forge Point production" and "20% Forge Points collection boost."

That's because this is splitting hairs and confusing on the face of it, how can you collect something if it hasn't been produced? also, which came first, the chicken or the egg? Good luck to support for answering questions/bugs on all the buildings that have randomized not-really-productions associated with them that don't work as expected.

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
Currently this is a consequence of intended design, and not a bug. Our developers are considering how they can improve this so that the Forgotten Temple does work with this building, but it is not currently intended to.

Knight of ICE

Why are they making exceptions on a case by case basis ? My Pirate's Hideout (a random reward) gets boosted correctly to 48FPs but the Aegean doesn't. This is pretty awful.

Buildings are not the same. The Pirate's Hideout is a residential building. The Resort a production building.

Buildings are not the same. The Pirate's Hideout is a residential building. The Resort a production building.
I thought they were both special buildings. Silly me. I should've been able to tell the Aegean is a production building since it makes goods, and naturally the Forgotten Temple wouldn't work on a building meant for supply production.

On a serious note, I hope this not-BUG gets improved and the Forgotten Temple starts working on the Aegean.
Best regards.

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
Currently this is a consequence of intended design, and not a bug. Our developers are considering how they can improve this so that the Forgotten Temple does work with this building, but it is not currently intended to.
If it's not intended to work with the Forgotten Temple that's fine, I have no problem in understanding the difference between Production and collection of bonus items but it's the wording that's the main problem, it is not clear, it has to be changed to state what is intended and have no possibility of misinterpretation. Its not just The Aegean that's the problem, there have been similar ambiguities throughout FoE for years now, with no coordination between the Building descriptions themselves and the Wiki pages descriptions. Thank you for all the hard work you do in trying to explain it all to players, it must be difficult to have all these in so many languages there are bound to be problems, we do tend to forget that as players