• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forge points price

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I have a question or maybe a suggestion for a future update.
Why would not a price for Forge points go down for 50 coins daily if that day i'm not buying forge points?
Price of one forge point is now (for me) 11000 coins!
In month or two (thanx to GB's and drop rate of BP's ) that price could increase to 20000 coins :-(
Maybe mods could work something on it!?

(sorry for bad english)

DeletedUser

Yeah, I felt that this is an issue too. There needs to be a cap.

DeletedUser3157

Or maybe a reverse feature of selling a forge point. You sell a FP and your FP price drops by 50 coins, you buy one and it increases by 50.

DeletedUser1176

Or maybe a reverse feature of selling a forge point. You sell a FP and your FP price drops by 50 coins, you buy one and it increases by 50.

This is a good thing.

Also, a option to buy Forge Points with Supplies. I myself have like 900.000 coins and 3.000.000 supplies right now.

DeletedUser

The Forge Points costs have never been a problem or been subject to any complaints..
Just now that players decide to buy FPs like crazy and prices stack up, it suddenly is a problem..

Is 1/hr or 24/day really that low?
As I said before.. only if you want everything 'right now', I guess.

- L

DeletedUser

The Forge Points costs have never been a problem or been subject to any complaints..
Just now that players decide to buy FPs like crazy and prices stack up, it suddenly is a problem..

- L
That was enough until update 0.22. But no longer!
Why?
I had no need to buy, until now, forge points (except sometimes) but now if i want to have any chance to collect 7 or 8 BP's (in 2 months) i'm forced to buy forge points.
How do you not realize that everything has changed after 0.22 and creating such large differences between players.
I do not have to buy forge points! Best for me to buy a couple thousand diamonds and resolve these problems.

DeletedUser

That was enough until update 0.22. But no longer!
Why?
I had no need to buy, until now, forge points (except sometimes) but now if i want to have any chance to collect 7 or 8 BP's (in 2 months) i'm forced to buy forge points.
How do you not realize that everything has changed after 0.22 and creating such large differences between players.
I do not have to buy forge points! Best for me to buy a couple thousand diamonds and resolve these problems.

Ofcourse I have contemplated the change before I answered, and I stand by what I said.
Nothing has changed really, just a feature has been added that, although can give quite some good boosts, is not required/necessary/mandatory for playing this game.

This may cause difference between players' development, but in no way that is truly significant for gameplay:
It can cause the gap between ranking to be larger - ranking does not affect gameplay and is merely an informative feature.
It can cause a player to advance faster than others - this is not affecting any of the other players' gameplay.
It can cause a player to have better armies for attack/defense - This will always be so, whether they use a GB for it or not. This is a PvP enhancement, but PvP is hardly the focus of the game, despite some popular discussions. So it does not affect intended gameplay.

Yes, I realize the enhanced armies may make it harder for some players to attack or defend against armies. But such is a developing game. Things can get harder.
The best way to defend against plunders is not having a 'best defending army', but simply collect your resources timely. Whether an army is enhanced or not, there is always a chance they break your defenses and plunder. Such is the PvP feature and it's consequences.

So all in all;
No, not that much has changed. A feature has been added that can obsessively be pursued in order to complete it's contents at high costs, or you can just continue playing as you did and be rewarded with random Blueprints during your progression that in time will reward your town with something nice to enhance your development.

- L

DeletedUser3157

- L

FP price raise has always been ridiculously steep. It's not a question of "buying too many" since there are hardly few you can ever buy. It takes about 3700 FPs to complete the research tree. Trying to get it done only just 10% faster would cost you 3.5M coins. So this makes buying FPs a feature with very limited use for most players. But anyways all that is another issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I find it funny how people are in a huge rush to get everything right now and not put the tiniest bit of effort behind it. Once they have it, the complaint turns into "There's nothing to do, this game sucks". Every game, always. I'm just happy to play at the pace the game progresses, enjoy the features, enjoy the game. For the whole journey through the game is the game, not just being done with it all and sitting there being the best.

As for the actual topic of forge point prices, I think they are just fine. You can choose to either play the game the normal pace and get things the normal pace, or pay up and make it faster. It is your choice, and the faster you wish to go, the higher the cost. Your income increases aswell over time. When it comes to competing for BPs via donations, all of those other people have to put in just as much coins as you to stay on top. No one has an advantage on this one, the game is not intended to be completed within a day, and as such the forge point prices should go up to limit the chances of people at higher incomes being able to always be on top of forge point donations over lower age players. Because eventually buyng those points will stack up the price and you won't be able to get any more than the low age players, thus leveling the field.

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser

You're talking as you do not play this game! Do you play? What attracts me to this game now? To participate in tournaments and collecting medals and buy expansions. Until now I have never managed to be first in the PvP because one premium player always won first place. It's ok and I have nothing against that. But now the question is whether I will be able to be among the top five players, because 4 premium players already have GB's in my neighborhood.
I'm not even close to make one GB. 2 players in my neighborhood have 2 GB's each. There is a huge advantage to have a 60 or 70% in attack or defense.
I mean, what players should do after colonial age? Can not win in PvP tournaments! Can not bulid anything....

DeletedUser

I've played this game for a couple of months, yes.
If PvP is what has attracted you to this game, I am sure you've been disappointed and dissatisfied with that part of the game for quite a while and quite a few times. ;)

Innogames has several other games that are more PvP and war based, you know. That have extensive battle features, unlike Forge of Empires.
But as I said in my response: "... PvP is hardly the focus of the game, despite some popular discussions. So it does not affect intended gameplay."

Anyway, as you start about Premium users: If you take a look at this post, it effectively annihilates any discussion about Premium users being able to build all GBs at their whim: Click me

If you want to play with the big boys, you'll have to pay like the big boys. That's just how it is. What's the point in paying for something if a free player can get the same result without even trying?

- L

DeletedUser

This topic has gone in the wrong direction.
Or you did not understand me, or you did not want to.

And one more thing, I did not know that if you want to play Forge of Empires, you gotta pay for it.

DeletedUser276

you dont have to pay for it. Its a free game. However if your impatient and want everything now then diamonds are a way to accelerate the game. But you dont HAVE to pay. If you feel that way you can always pay me 5 euros for the joy of playing ;)

DeletedUser

just a note: for me 1 F.P. costs 27 000, and i think it will get to 40 000 then i stop.

DeletedUser

- L

Game changes, mechanics have to also. You cant encompass things with "There has never been a complaint before". Before what ? before things changed ? ...changes happen, game mechanics have to be re-evaluated from time to time. The suggestion here is moot anyway, decrease of 50 points a day is only 3250 over the whole year, that won't really help anyone who is having the issue that FP's are now too expensive anyway :)

Greywolf

Sergeant
FP's should be a valuable commodity and players should spent them wisely according to their needs. Making FP's cheaper only encourages players to buy them in great numbers which ruins this game in my opinion. Because all GB's will reach lvl 10 very quickly and research of new techs will be finished much quicker as well. Players will run out of things to spent their FP's on very soon.

It's best to leave it the way it is.

DeletedUser8904

Would also add with Great Buildings a strong guild helps, donate points to each other and work as a group, I think they are priced fairly.

DeletedUser7719

I'm in the LMA (just about to hit the colonial), and I haven't really spent that much on forge points: I'm on 6.7K right now which means I can buy an extra forge point each hour for about 79 hours. But the main things is I can't because I'm busy getting academies, buying more military buildings, getting new supplies/house buildings, etc ("Ain't nobody got time for that" :p ). I don't see what's the big problem here.

Status
Not open for further replies.