• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: Forge Point Cap per Day for other's Great Buildings

DeletedUser14145

Hello there, I would like to throw in a suggestion that there be a FP cap per 24 hours when donating to another player's great buildings.

Proposal: Cap of 24 FP per 24 hours when donating to another players great buildings. This does not affect the players own GBs.

Reason:
The main reason I am suggesting this change is because you could be regularly donating to a GB in your guild, neighbor, or friend, and when that GB gets close to leveling, someone will dump a HUGE amount of FPs in one go with the sole intent to knock you off / steal your 1st or 2nd, etc spot in the GB.
They will cap it to the point where you CANNOT get pass them, and these people will also refuse to place anymore points in. (Example: You have placed 50 FP, they will place 64 FP, in ONE go, and the BG will be at 216/230, it will be at exactly 14 FPs away, meaning even if you were to throw in those 14 FPs, you are still stuck behind them).

I believe this behavior is disruptive and discourages people to regularly donate forge points in (unless you have a FP trading agreement). Not everyone watches the GBs daily, and these opportunists always swoop in right when the GB is about to be leveled and go from 0 FP to (I have seen) ~90 FPs in one single instance (usually FP packages accumulated).
If they truly want to donate to a GB they should do so regularly, not only with the intend to displace others and take rewards when that arises.

I am sure that this happens to everyone. Some of you might disagree with this and say, well if they can watch the GBs everyday and seize the opportunity then good for them, but imo its poor sportsmanship.

Details:
I propose something like 24 FP per day is the cap for donating to another player's GB. With NO cap for players OWN GBs, players are free to dump as much FP in their own GBs as they please.

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
Abuse Potential: n/a
Balance: balances the amount of FP you can place on a GB per day. Players who have not been donating regularly cannot just swoop in and displace everyone in a matter of seconds. There is currently no way to prevent this from happening.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4089

I am sure that this happens to everyone. Some of you might disagree with this and say, well if they can watch the GBs everyday and seize the opportunity then good for them, but imo its poor sportsmanship.

imo, it's poor sportsmanship to decide that someone is getting better results than you so they should be penalised.

Also, it's not sport, it's Forging Empires and waging war.

-Googol from me

DeletedUser14145

If they donate regularly, I have no problem with it. I think you are missing the point of this post here and nitpicking on a term. They are not being penalized for getting better results, it is the way they achieve this that is in poor taste. Players who donate regularly should not have to worry about this.
But then again, with GvG HQ releases being okay which imo is also in poor taste, I dont have much faith this issue will matter much. But alas suggestions for an ideas forum.

Surge

Brigadier-General
Just eight days ago this was suggested, albeit on a 100 fp cap. Now that this has popped up a second time in a row, I think I should reply.

The main reason I am suggesting this change is because you could be regularly donating to a GB in your guild, neighbor, or friend, and when that GB gets close to leveling, someone will dump a HUGE amount of FPs in one go with the sole intent to knock you off / steal your 1st or 2nd, etc spot in the GB.
They will cap it to the point where you CANNOT get pass them, and these people will also refuse to place anymore points in. (Example: You have placed 50 FP, they will place 64 FP, in ONE go, and the BG will be at 216/230, it will be at exactly 14 FPs away, meaning even if you were to throw in those 14 FPs, you are still stuck behind them).

Yeah, I know. It's really nasty. It happened to me twice and I didn't like it. But I don't see why it's a bad thing. The guy spent a giant load of points in exchange for a blueprint or two (and maybe he was compensated with a 30 FP reward for doing so, but he had to donate more than that most likely), he helped the owner of the GB significantly by almost leveling it himself, and possibly more positions are taken (if there are fewer than five participants). The problem I see here is that everyone realizes that it's pointless to put the final points in, since, as you described, they won't advance in the ranking, but often times the gap is small enough for the owner to bridge it in under 24 hours.

Secondly, this is one major reason why people keep FP packages in stock and never use them. When a new age comes, very few people use all of them to progress through the age because either the costs are too expensive (ME required 1,440 points to fully bulb it) and you would need the new age goods to go through it (ergo spend diamonds) or they would rather keep them until the new age GB's are released. If you restrict peoples' ability to use them as efficiently as they can at the moment, then those packages may as well be placeholders.

Thirdly, putting a cap would mean that those who still want to donate as much as the cap suggests must donate first. Currently the rules suggest that if two people donated the same amount of FP's, therefore, logically speaking, making a tie, then the person who was the first to donate the point gets the higher position. If Jeff is a student who has a vacation right now, he can put 24 points in the morning after he wakes up after the server clears the day to reset the cap. That means that I have absolutely no chance, since I wake up earlier, but before the server resets the cap, and I arrive much later to donate. Whoever has more time would have the upper hand, and that, I personally believe, is simply unfair.

So with the reasons above, I downvote the idea of a FP cap to GB donations.

Last edited:

DeletedUser14145

Thank you for your constructive reply!

I appreciate your points in this as well. Although I understand that it is also unfair who ever wakes up earlier will win the top place. However that situation would be quite difficult, since its a 24 hours timer (like P/M), it will likely get delayed since most people cannot consistently check in at the same time each day. The one who plays less who not be able to place as many points in (via accumulation of delays). This concept goes for collections in this game as well, the more you play, the more goods and coins you can produce will more frequently timed collections.

With a tied scored, you have in your mind there's a 50/50 chance to that spot, to some, its still better than a nasty surprise (a new person who was never tied in the first place, lets say Joseph, waking up 1 hour before Jeff in the morning and putting a massive amount of points in, locking himself in 1st place with # points left to progress). Displacing both Jeff and Jeff's buddy.

I did a very quick search before posting this and didnt see his post on the FP cap. Sorry for double posting! Glad I am not the only one irked enough to suggest something for this.

DeletedUser1081

Minus one from me as well. Of course it's irritating to have someone swoop in and displace us, just like it's irksome when someone swoops in on ebay and grabs an item 2 seconds before an auction ends. But as noted above "daily caps" would be unfair in all new ways that would be very demotivating.

DeletedUser2989

-1 for all the same reasons I put forward in the other thread linked by Surge. If someone saves up the FP packs to swoop in last minute then they deserve the ability to use them.

I tend to build up my contributions consistently and I've noticed that if I take first place no one else joins in until the last moment to spend 1 FP to get 5 or more back from the 2nd to 5th position rewards (making me feel like a pack horse doing all the work). So I can understand people prefering to watch others build up most of the points then swooping in and taking 1st.

DeletedUser

Just eight days ago this was suggested, albeit on a 100 fp cap. Now that this has popped up a second time in a row, I think I should reply.

Ah, that would be where I last downvoted this idea. :)

This is what I said last time:

Also, if there was a cap it would most likely mean that 5 players could all dump in the maximum forge points and still no one else would get a look in.

Putting a cap in place is not going to solve the problem.

DeletedUser14782

-1 because it takes these people a lot of time to accumulate all of these FPs, and this is basically blasting all their hard work to shreds.

DeletedUser653

-1 its meant to be a war not a knitting contest, if you get jumped you get jumped, you learn to accumulate some FP's so that you have that same option.
I think you can see which way this thread is going...

DeletedUser99588

-1 for all the reasons above. It is all part of the strategy of playing a game. If you want to come top then keep a keener eye on the donations don't moan because someone else has had the patience to build up a stock of fp packages or enough coin to buy them and trump you. Some you win some you lose.

DeletedUser96695

Hello there, I would like to throw in a suggestion that there be a FP cap per 24 hours when donating to another player's great buildings.

Proposal: Cap of 24 FP per 24 hours when donating to another players great buildings. This does not affect the players own GBs.

Reason:

I believe this behavior is disruptive and discourages people to regularly donate forge points in (unless you have a FP trading agreement). Not everyone watches the GBs daily, and these opportunists always swoop in right when the GB is about to be leveled and go from 0 FP to (I have seen) ~90 FPs in one single instance (usually FP packages accumulated).
If they truly want to donate to a GB they should do so regularly, not only with the intend to displace others and take rewards when that arises.

Details:
I propose something like 24 FP per day is the cap for donating to another player's GB. With NO cap for players OWN GBs, players are free to dump as much FP in their own GBs as they please.

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
Abuse Potential: n/a
Balance: balances the amount of FP you can place on a GB per day. Players who have not been donating regularly cannot just swoop in and displace everyone in a matter of seconds. There is currently no way to prevent this from happening.

I do not agree there is any cap on fp donate to other player's GB

1. Regarding your rewards is stolen by other player, that is 1 kind of game-playing
a. u need to work out "how to protect your rewards"
b. steal other player is a fun... u need to enjoy it
it is similar to the event : u get plunde ..your goods being stolen...
if u do not like it, if u ask game developer "stop it"..., they will not do it
it is game... some 1 happy, some 1 not happy
game need to create a situation that "like that"

2. Stealing other player is not just a fun
If that GB require A fp to raise a level, rank 1 reward is only around 10% of A only

u can think..why a player ..e.g. use 100 fp to steal a reward and get 30 fp reward back
he is actually lose 70 fp to do it
why ??
becos he is trying to collect his remaining bp in order to raise a GB

This game require u...to chase bp for GB

Finally
I fully understand your upset and dis-appoint
u a not unhappy that u lose your fp reward
u a unhappy becos u lose those bp and fp while u spend a lot of effort to do it

take it easy
u should try to join GB club... outsider is usually harder to steal your rewards
u should learn this part of game-fun..."how to protect and steal rewards"

P.s. regarding your 216/230 situation
if it is under GB club, it will levelled
if it is not under GB club, it can only be finished by owner or with charity fp or completion in rank 2 /3/4/5 reward ..

U just lost 1 reward-battle
there is many reward battle, do not lost next battle

cheers:o:p