• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

FoE Discord server

I think it may also be a matter of cost. I guess it's cheaper to run a forum on a Discord server than the current game forum(s).

Agent327

Overlord
I think it may also be a matter of cost. I guess it's cheaper to run a forum on a Discord server than the current game forum(s).

I doubt the costs of the forums are anything more than a drop on a hot plate for Inno. The way I see it, the lack of structure on Discord makes it a platform for players to vent, but with everyone starting a new thread on the same subject it does not have the impact a forum has.

King Dael

Sergeant
I feel like they are preparing a closedown of this forum. No mods, most announcements are no longer put up on the forum and the staff can only be accessed through discord.

Ok. it's announced in the recent update:

FOE-80511: We replaced the link to the forum in the right-click menu with a link to Discord and added this link to the Settings. If you haven't yet joined our Discord server, we wholeheartedly invite you to do so by clicking here. If you wish, you can still access the forum from the game. Please either open the Settings and scroll down or go to the Global tab and click Open Forum.

And then this:

Should you wish to give us feedback about this version, please visit us on Discord or Facebook! :(

No feedback thread on forum :-(

Last edited:

Decoder

Warrant Officer
From Forum to Discord is like going from Windows 10 to DOS. Or Linux more likely. We are devolving. But others too and I would love to know why.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
To save server costs and to attract gamers on Discord.
Pretty sure it's not only FoE. I bet they're going to migrate all their game forums to Discord. I give the FoE forums max 6 months.

Their most recent game never had a forum, they only had discord.

On the forums everyone can read each post in a thread and respond at their own pace. Monitoring is limited to who has rights and what times of the day they're on. Or not at all in some cases.

On Discord after about 10 messages everything is lost especially in general chat. Nobody scrolls back, you're literally talking to yourself. Tbh it's not much better than here apart from only half the bug reports get ignored and there are staff responding to some things. It's a central place for mods/staff to monitor a lot more servers at once though.

Last edited:
On Discord after about 10 messages everything is lost especially in general chat
Yeah, that's because Discord is mostly based on a chat system where the feed just rolls on and on and nobody looks back in the feed. It doesn't work as well as a proper game forum like this where things are more neatly organized.

Last edited:

Decoder

Warrant Officer
To save server costs and to attract gamers on Discord.
Pretty sure it's not only FoE. I bet they're going to migrate all their game forums to Discord. I give the FoE forums max 6 months.

Attract gamers I get but doesn't Inno makes a sheet load of money already ?!