• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

FoE Discord server

Shad23

Emperor
would be a good idea to post a link in quick links section of forum to get to FoE Discord server

Deleted member 127677

Why is there no feedback thread about the announcement that a Discord server has been created? Is it to replace the forum? Will the same content appear in both?

As feedback since none is being collected otherwise. Creating a Discord server is a good way to collect cross game reactions, it was well overdue, but as it’s shown already, there will be some growing pains. There seemed to have been a failure to agree on what threads were needed, how to collect feedback (there are now several different feedback threads, on different aspects of one event, plus tags for the same event and additional content being posted about it) and how to publish (or not) announcements. Most will be ironed out, no doubt, however, the general chat is too unwieldy to even read or keep track of, and yet mods have hopped in to try to stop people from discussing things that were previously discussed, say 12h ago (how is anyone going to be able to find that among hundreds of posts?) and to moderate what is being said (fair enough, but if the server isn’t allowing you to say what you think, what’s the point of it?). I muted and deleted some unnecessary and spamming channels. Sort out the feedback threads so it’s easy to see e.g. what event they relate to, general game feedback/suggestions and make sure that people know if something has been forwarded already. And please say if it is supposed to replace this forum too.

Shad23

Emperor
And please say if it is supposed to replace this forum too.
i sure hope not , many players are concerned i started a thread like this on beta one player over there eaven said he taped his camera , some are concerned about privacy issues with discord ,so i realy hope it won't replace the forum, players are concerned that discord might replace the forum cause lots of ppl don't like discord not sure how they would put all the info on discord if it were to replace it , discord in my opinion is a good place to talk but i would'nt use it as a forum

on beta forum a mod said FoE will keep the forum for the time being
does ( for the time being ) imply that it will eventualy replace it ?
can Mods pls answer the question in my previous sentence pls prity pls

Last edited:

Shad23

Emperor
it's not a step we would take without extensive analysis and preparation.
thx for this clarification ,but it's this part :
for the time being.
that was worrying me and others
it implys the possibility of fact that discord could replace the forum
and lots of players are worryed about that part
i fear that if they do the change for discord and remove forum
that INNO's true intention will be :
as if they want us to be silent and accept what ever they'll decide to throw at us in the game without ( us having a say in it ) by what's in parenthesis here in my sentence i mean player feedback
sorry if am talking about INNO here am not trying to criticize INNO but i feel that player feedback should always have an impact on the game eaven if its small

Last edited:
i sure hope not , many players are concerned i started a thread like this on beta one player over there eaven said he taped his camera , some are concerned about privacy issues with discord ,so i realy hope it won't replace the forum, players are concerned that discord might replace the forum cause lots of ppl don't like discord not sure how they would put all the info on discord if it were to replace it , discord in my opinion is a good place to talk but i would'nt use it as a forum

on beta forum a mod said FoE will keep the forum for the time being
does ( for the time being ) imply that it will eventualy replace it ?
can Mods pls answer the question in my previous sentence pls prity pls
Totally agree. I would hate to use Discord as FOE Forum. Actually I think I wouldn't bother then.

I've done a bit more poking around and found that you can get a sensible forum interface if you go to "More" > "Open in Full View". No more issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am quite surprised by the CM's Discord announcement and moving forward they will be changing how we moderate the forum somewhat.
This forum looks to have been less utilized in the last few months but I still feel forums are better for leaving official FOE feedback; discord appears designed more for casual community chat and personal group servers.
They both have a role to play so I don't think one should replace the other but there is a danger it might split or fragment the community.
I'm only posting as it's got me curious about how they intend the forum moderation.
Above all, it would be great if the Product Manager would explain what in-game changes they have planned for 2024.

Affy.

Corporal
I haven't checked out the new Discord . I did wonder if it would be replacing Global chat , A lot from the world I play in , they have their own discord Group. Global chat is dying. Actually its dead. bring back the moderators and their quizzes

Last edited:

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
This has got to be the worst ideas in INNO history, Discord is a unsafe social media, Facebook isn't much better, is INNO being paid for this development..I for one will not join or use either, The in house forums are the safest way to communicate our views and comments and on specific threads.... if these forums close then, say goodbye to this game, it will just die, I am sure that a lot of players will eagerly jump on Discord, good luck, guess all your cameras are taped and you have a good vpn and security systems in place...No ? Then good luck not getting hacked

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
Discord users face a variety of threats, from bullying and exposure to explicit content to malware and phishing scams.

Because the site allows users to post and message links to other webpages, hackers can easily spread links to servers where malicious software is housed. Discord malware threats are particularly prevalent on larger servers, where admins may struggle to moderate content. If a server is public — that is, if anyone can join it without admin approval — the risks of malware links are much higher.

Some servers may also contain explicit images and videos, and while users who post this kind of material sometimes tag their servers with a NSFW (not safe for work) content warning, some do not. For a young person with their own Discord account, the risk of exposure to inappropriate content is hard to mitigate.

Discord also has the same problems that any social media network has: human interactions. Cyberbullying and harassment take place on Discord as much as they do on any other site where strangers are able to communicate without having to use their real names.

Of course, the level of risk you will deal with as a Discord user largely comes down to the kinds of servers you choose to join.

Please take all precautions should you join this new feature

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
It's actually appearing a lot smoother on discord now. It felt a little chaotic when it was first announced but there seems to be a little more organisation now and there's a freedom to discuss that's been missing here for a while.

Not entirely sure who's responding to some of the feedback but there's definately a feel of more real time response with some queries.

Last edited:

vfrmark

Master Corporal
100% agree, it seems INNO does not want discussion on the small bit about discord may replace forums and its bad enough now on forums searching out old posts, theres lots of very useful information here and it would be madness to close these forums. so if INNO decides to go discord completely please ensure forums are avaible for players to use at least

Agent327

Overlord
If you look at the the current announcement of the Wildlife Event and the actual info being on a link outside the forum, for the first time, it does not seem likely the forum is meant to stay.

Ashtro

Lieutenant Colonel
If you look at the the current announcement of the Wildlife Event and the actual info being on a link outside the forum, for the first time, it does not seem likely the forum is meant to stay.
And so here you are sabotaging the forum, right Special Agent327?

Ashtro

Lieutenant Colonel
Trust me agent isn't inno, he's nice he just makes you think critically and do double check what you say
By saying "trust me" won't win my trust. He's nice to you and that's fine. You like him and that's fine too. So what exactly are you wanting to tell me? Did he indicate that he needed help from you? My question to him has nothing to do with you.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
By saying "trust me" won't win my trust. He's nice to you and that's fine. You like him and that's fine too. So what exactly are you wanting to tell me? Did he indicate that he needed help from you? My question to him has nothing to do with you.
Why would you be asking him a queston - since all you will end up doing is arguing back and forth semantics like a pair of idiots.