• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Flashing message alert for you own messages???

DeletedUser17554

I'm pretty sure it is the case that you get the flashing alert for messages EVEN WHEN IT IS YOUR OWN MESSAGE.

I might be wrong, but if i'm not i think it could be a good idea to sort it, it is only a mild annoyance though.

gw1990

DeletedUser9168

Yes, this has been the case for a long time now (it didn't do it originally though). Lots more critical stuff to fix first!

DeletedUser17554

i haven't noticed any other out and out errors in the game yet, either way, if its easy to fix they might as well quickly do it.

DeletedUser9168

if you are worried about it, right click to contact support and fill out a ticket detailing it.

DeletedUser

This is a confirmed bug and the developers are aware of it. A search for "Flashing" found this reported bug, as well as at least two duplicate bug reports; please search before posting to avoid duplicate reports/discussions.

DeletedUser17554

I did search and I didn't see it anywhere...
Sorry if i didn't look hard enough, I'll just keep quiet next time...

DeletedUser17554

I just had another look, it isn't mentioned in the "ideas previously suggested", "great ideas" or bad ideas" threads.

Am i seriously expected to read through every single thread from the last 5 months before i try and help you guys!?

Not happy.

DeletedUser9168

I did search and I didn't see it anywhere...
Sorry if i didn't look hard enough, I'll just keep quiet next time...

I find the search system does not produce usable results - same thing happened to me when i wanted to ask a question - i searched, could not find the answer, so asked on the forum and got shouted down for not searching. Now i am very reluctant to ask anything on the forum.
If you think something is not working as it should, in my opinion, it is better to contact support and ask them - you are treated much more courteously by them, even if it has already been reported.
Hang in there, gw!

DeletedUser

Please don't misunderstand :) I don't mean to cause any upset, but I searched for flashing and found several posts on the first page of results, no-one is expecting you to go trawling the forums, the search function can work well and I only ever mention it if an easy search displays results, if my 3rd search doesn't display results, then I keep quiet :)

Don't be discouraged, use the responses from Moderators as constructive feedback, we are simply trying to avoid duplicate threads so that the forums are easier to search so that players can find relevant information easier and more quickly :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9070

This is a confirmed bug and the developers are aware of it. A search for "Flashing" found this reported bug, as well as at least two duplicate bug reports; please search before posting to avoid duplicate reports/discussions.

The OP is a different issue than the link you provided, the old flashing bug was for not being able to stop messages to flash after reading them which has been fixed.
Recently it now flashes after replying to a message, goes away once you re-open the message but its not supposed to flash on your own replies since a flash is meant to alert you that a new message (from someone else) has arrived..

DeletedUser

Then I stand corrected and apologise, however I'm not sure Ideas is the best forum for this post, it should be listed as a bug, perhaps a question, but it's definitely not an idea....

DeletedUser17554

How am i supposed to know that it is a bug? It could be there so you know your message has been sent or something? Either way it is my "idea" that it should be changed.
What about my other "idea" that i had before, is that rubbish too?

DeletedUser

Moderators can only read the post as we, as an individual, perceive it, I personally, read it as a problem with the game, and therefore my opinion is that it is a bug, I recall reading the same, or a very similar, issue elsewhere on the forum. I would never expect any player to read through the entire forum, however I do expect players to follow the forum rules, one of which is to perform a quick search to avoid duplicate discussions. I searched for one word and found a few results on the first page, One of those was a Reported bug report which seemed very similar. The issue itself is a known issue and we are awaiting a fix for this.

I sincerely apologise if I insulted you or discouraged your involvement in the forum, that was never my intention, I have merely responded as I have understood it and asking players to perform a quick search is important to enable everyone to find relevant information quickly and easily and avoiding filling the forum with duplicate, necessary threads.

DeletedUser

I just had another look, it isn't mentioned in the "ideas previously suggested", "great ideas" or bad ideas" threads.

Am i seriously expected to read through every single thread from the last 5 months before i try and help you guys!?

Not happy.

You are unhappy? We want everyone to be happy so let me try to help. You mention having read a lot of posts from the top of the 'ideas' section but the one you missed is entitled: Guide to the Ideas section *Please read before posting*

So you are really not expected to read through every post before posting, just the ones that inform you they are important. And the rules are a good read too. Here is a link to the forum rules but you can find that link on the top right of each page.

When you read the rules you will see: Please ensure you are creating topics in the right forum. Also, when you are creating topics in the ideas forum or the bug forum you will find templates that have to be followed. If you want to help and you want to be happy you just have to follow the rules and share your thoughts.