• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Firefox/Waterfox and Blank screen

DeletedUser103223

Downloaded Waterfox's newest version. Nothing but a black screen when running now.

DeletedUser7719

There was a response from an admin here regarding the most recent Firefox/Waterfox update (Firefox 1.47):
We've been notified that this is a problem on Firefox's side with Flashplayer. It's not something that can be repaired on Forge of Empires' side. You can track the issue from here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1271398

If you're inclined on using a Firefox-based model, you could also try running the 32-bit version as that one does not have the problem, or maybe Waterfox in the interim till it is fixed.

While you cannot technically "downgrade" Firefox, you can look up lists of older versions, uninstall the current one (best to make sure you've saved any bookmarks and similar into a profile), and install an older version. I would not suggest doing this if you've not done it before and you have information (bookmarks and similar) that can might get lost. But you can get pretty good instructions over here.

Tanmay11

Warrant Officer
yeah i had to install an older version to be able to play again...hopefully the next firefox/waterox update should fix the issue....

DeletedUser98424

I am getting blank screen on Waterfox only when i have been on GVG.
if i delete adobe flash and reload it works.
I can log in out, turn pc off on and still works.
As soon as i go to GVG it goes Black and no way back in FOE stays black with waterfox and have to use IE

If I delete both and reload both then works untill at GVG then Black again.

Have Asus 170pro MB with I7 skylake, boot 500gb ssd, with 64mb ddr4 ram, and XFX Radeo R9 fury with 4GB.and Windows 10pro 64. All is showing the pc is running at less than 5% using 1 core and so cool all fans have not even started, any ideas wherer to look?

DeletedUser102348

"I would not suggest doing this if you've not done it before and you have information (bookmarks and similar) that can might get lost. But you can get pretty good instructions over here"

Do not worry about your bookmarks as they are not kept in the Mozilla/Firefox exe software. They are kept in a separate folder in your HD, you can uninstall Firefox and not reinstall for a year and your bookmarks will still be there when you reinstall again.

Go to this link and download this version of Flashplayer extension. uninstall Flashplayer NAPI if you see it, or just Flashplayer if you don't. install the new one from link and don't forget to disable Flashplayer updates until they get it sorted out.
https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/g...ensing/win/install_flash_player_18_plugin.msi