• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Farewell my PvP

RichinZhills

Corporal
The PvP arena is yet another aspect of the game I will no longer waste my time with. Sadly, after about 3-5 support requests with the same answer as usual, nothing changing and tickets just getting closed, I'm done. I don't think it even went past the level 1 support team as a mention to the developers.
As a qualifier, I have 16 worlds and I play most of them equally, Founder in two and leader in 3 others. I found FoE when Covid started, so I've been at it a few years now. I'm more into the challenge of events and getting them completed than the grind of GbG or GE. When I started the game polivation wasn't automatic and the hood had every Age available, so you got pillaged a lot by higher Aged troops. Come full circle now and it seems that my High Aged troops are now something to cry about. How it's so unfair that players who have parked in a certain Ages are getting pillaged by junior players who have them.
So back to PvP. I get it, a way to challenge other players and see how well you do against them. You set up a defense for other players to fight you and you get a choice of fighting 3 different players from the same, higher, or lower Ages. Fair enough, except if you have higher Aged units. For the past 3 months I've basically been give the choice of about 14 different players in the top tier to fight. Points sometimes range from 375 to 474. So in 5 battles, that could be close to 500 points I lose. As for players attacking me, facing my defenses? None, I haven't been attacked in close to two months, So that's probably another 1-1.5k I don't receive daily that other players probably count on.
So gone is the challenge of fighting different players and seeing different names show up. Sometimes I get the #1 player in Progressive 15 times in a row, even if I hit the refresh button each time I can. It seems that when she's #1 in PvP I get shifted to the #1 in Contemporary, but if she drops to #2, she's my only selection until she grabs #1 again. She uses Oceanic Troops and I get about 380 points for those fights. At least with Contemporary I get 475 and I'm only fighting a fast & heavy with 6 rogues. Can't even begin to figure out how the points are backwards on that. A Copter/Tank/rogue combo beats out CRABS/Turturrets/Rays just doesn't seem right. But there you have it, I have the same #1 opponent, two Ages higher than I am that I get locked in with, for lower points facing units 5 Ages higher than a contemporary player. Not being attacked at all and no support or even consideration when I open a ticket up.
And for what, a 20% chance at 30 diamonds after a week? I spend 75 a day just collecting from all my cities. So to me it's broke and it doesn't seem it's important enough to fix. And how you might add could it be fixed? Hell, it's PvP, take out any kind of matching algorithm and grab any player from that Age. They signed up for PvP, they know they'll get attacked, they signed the waiver, and so what if I beat them with whatever troops I have. Still a lot more fair than giving me the same opponent that I beat 5 times in a row where they get to be the only player losing points. Spread it around so no one player is singled out.

Agent327

Overlord
When I started the game polivation wasn't automatic and the hood had every Age available

Hoods have never had every age available.

Come full circle now and it seems that my High Aged troops are now something to cry about. How it's so unfair that players who have parked in a certain Ages are getting pillaged by junior players who have them.

So basically you are a camper, complaining that other players are better at it.

And how you might add could it be fixed? Hell, it's PvP, take out any kind of matching algorithm and grab any player from that Age. They signed up for PvP, they know they'll get attacked, they signed the waiver, and so what if I beat them with whatever troops I have. Still a lot more fair than giving me the same opponent that I beat 5 times in a row where they get to be the only player losing points. Spread it around so no one player is singled out.

But beating them with whatever troops you have you just claimed is unfair. Besides that, it can only be spread around amongst players that have signed up. There will always be players that did not sign up, so they will be singled out.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
The PvP arena is yet another aspect of the game I will no longer waste my time with. Sadly, after about 3-5 support requests with the same answer as usual, nothing changing and tickets just getting closed, I'm done. I don't think it even went past the level 1 support team as a mention to the developers.
As a qualifier, I have 16 worlds and I play most of them equally, Founder in two and leader in 3 others. I found FoE when Covid started, so I've been at it a few years now. I'm more into the challenge of events and getting them completed than the grind of GbG or GE. When I started the game polivation wasn't automatic and the hood had every Age available, so you got pillaged a lot by higher Aged troops. Come full circle now and it seems that my High Aged troops are now something to cry about. How it's so unfair that players who have parked in a certain Ages are getting pillaged by junior players who have them.
So back to PvP. I get it, a way to challenge other players and see how well you do against them. You set up a defense for other players to fight you and you get a choice of fighting 3 different players from the same, higher, or lower Ages. Fair enough, except if you have higher Aged units. For the past 3 months I've basically been give the choice of about 14 different players in the top tier to fight. Points sometimes range from 375 to 474. So in 5 battles, that could be close to 500 points I lose. As for players attacking me, facing my defenses? None, I haven't been attacked in close to two months, So that's probably another 1-1.5k I don't receive daily that other players probably count on.
So gone is the challenge of fighting different players and seeing different names show up. Sometimes I get the #1 player in Progressive 15 times in a row, even if I hit the refresh button each time I can. It seems that when she's #1 in PvP I get shifted to the #1 in Contemporary, but if she drops to #2, she's my only selection until she grabs #1 again. She uses Oceanic Troops and I get about 380 points for those fights. At least with Contemporary I get 475 and I'm only fighting a fast & heavy with 6 rogues. Can't even begin to figure out how the points are backwards on that. A Copter/Tank/rogue combo beats out CRABS/Turturrets/Rays just doesn't seem right. But there you have it, I have the same #1 opponent, two Ages higher than I am that I get locked in with, for lower points facing units 5 Ages higher than a contemporary player. Not being attacked at all and no support or even consideration when I open a ticket up.
And for what, a 20% chance at 30 diamonds after a week? I spend 75 a day just collecting from all my cities. So to me it's broke and it doesn't seem it's important enough to fix. And how you might add could it be fixed? Hell, it's PvP, take out any kind of matching algorithm and grab any player from that Age. They signed up for PvP, they know they'll get attacked, they signed the waiver, and so what if I beat them with whatever troops I have. Still a lot more fair than giving me the same opponent that I beat 5 times in a row where they get to be the only player losing points. Spread it around so no one player is singled out.
Took you 3 years to realize matching in the pvp tower is broken? lol... you get the same people over and over, and yes the prizes are OK but nothing you can't live without.

PvP Arena could have been easily fixed long ago, I'm sure it was suggested several times that all they have to do is limit the troops that can be used to your age +/- 1. So in PE a player could use Indy-PE-Modern troops but not anything from CE FE or Oceanic. If Match-making is going to be based on the age of a player's town hall, then the troops should be restricted around that age also. It's a loophole in the game that some people manage to get troops several ages ahead, and while that can benefit them in GE or wherever else, it shouldn't in the PVP arena.

The gvg maps, which are getting deleted, very wisely restricted fights in each age to only troops from that age. The parts of the game added after were not so well designed.

RichinZhills

Corporal
No, I'm a pretty quick study that every area of matching isn't optimal. Jumped back in here because this GE we were matched with 4 top 10 guilds level 100 and we're level 64 at 100. Think they transposed our guild rank with the other worlds level.
So you mentioned unfair because of units. I could pose the same with players parking in Industrial, having a 100+ AO, Zeus, CoA, CDM, and 30 or 40 of the same att%+ buildings in their city. They have 3-5K of att% and do about 1K of attacks on GbG daily. How is an average player going to compete with that? They chose to stay in the lower Ages and build their GB's up so they can have units nobody can compete with. For myself, I chose to trade my butt off and follow the story, doing my cMap along the way to gain those higher Aged troops. Both are possible in the game.
What I have an issue with is programming that intentionally penalizes those players with higher Aged units. The HT is touted as the hardest hitting, force field wearing, minimal damage, can't be attacked from ranged unit. Yet I've had my 1 HT/7 rogues killed by full artillery time and again in auto-battle. I've started referring to them as suicidal tank drivers. But that's combat AI intentionally placing a plains stealth unit on positions that doesn't allow stealth. Certain maps have a center section with no plains whatsoever. That's intentionally ensuring that the HT can be destroyed.
And the same thing was happening on PvP. All of my support tickets had the reply that regardless of how many times a player gets attacked by the same person, only the first 5 are going to affect their score. So what does it matter who I attack? At #5, the counter stops counting. But what's not fair/balanced is adjusting a players score value, then forcing that player to be the opponent each time. If player 1 is getting 485 for their opponent, and just say that they're getting the same opponent each time too, and Player 2 gets an opponent with 395 and they're locked with that opponent. Player 1 is getting an advantage regardless of what troops they're using. So Player 1 is going to be higher in the Ranking and getting better gear. Simply not equitable.

Agent327

Overlord
All of my support tickets had the reply that regardless of how many times a player gets attacked by the same person, only the first 5 are going to affect their score. So what does it matter who I attack? At #5, the counter stops counting. But what's not fair/balanced is adjusting a players score value, then forcing that player to be the opponent each time. If player 1 is getting 485 for their opponent, and just say that they're getting the same opponent each time too, and Player 2 gets an opponent with 395 and they're locked with that opponent. Player 1 is getting an advantage regardless of what troops they're using. So Player 1 is going to be higher in the Ranking and getting better gear. Simply not equitable.

Must be very frustrating playing all those years and not knowing how the game works. You lose points when you lose the battle. That stops after the first 5 times you are attacked and lose. When you attack in the PvP Arena and you win, you always get the points. That never stops.

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
My only real complaint is the fact that to make it look more appealing that INNO have included more and more non player characters, I am getting really fed up about only having them to choose from, I only do PvP to increase my daily battles as due to GBG being worse than it was and top guilds dominating and continuing to swap, some seasons we hardly get any fights in, Sadly I am seriously thinking of giving up most of the fighting aspect and concentrating on the city building aspect of the game, levelling buildings ect