• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

fairness of event rewards.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
so basically after spending at least 7k+ i got like 7 daily rewards ... or maybe 8 but no more then that .... to me that looks like a dis-balance ... for example in Archaeology event last year i got 15 carousels so that was also strange to be honest ... lol

DeletedUser118370

As you have found out there is a feedback thread for this. There is no reason to post it twice.

This is how it works. Feedback gets sorted and forwarded to the devs. That means that a comment like you have made now gets forwarded to the devs every event there is a random chance you can win a DS. So over multiple years they have been told that there are players that complain about the random rewards, yet they continue to set up events with random rewards. Most likely reason is that players spend diamonds on it, like you just confirmed. Now if you had to take an educated guess, what do you think they would say?

Spring Event 2020

East Nagach: Start Lanterns 8500

Bridge Upgrade = 7603, 5715, 3841, 1950, 68
Daily Specials = 7603, 6703, 6017, 5904, 4852, 4064, 3466, 2443, 1688, 632, 519 - (11) Rewards

Rugnir: Start Lanterns 8389
Bridge Upgrade = 7441, 5567, 3688, 1821
Daily Specials = 8014, 6956, 5840, 5617, 5195, 4154, 3688, 291 - (8) Rewards

Sinerania: Start Lanterns 8147
Bridge Upgrade = 7212, 5342, 3478, 1600
Daily Specials = 7927, 3811, 3698, 2955, 2307 - (5) Rewards

I spent all my lanterns at event in 3 worlds:
Results are as under:-

East Nagach: 8500 - 11 daily specials
Rugnir: 8389 - 8 daily specials
Sinerania : 8147 - 5 daily specials

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Hello there,

Events are a great way for players to boost their cities in the direction they want to with provided rewards during one. However something that is very obvious and hasn't been fixed is the prizes players get. We asked our guild specifically to post, during the spring event 2020, how many lanterns they spent and what they got in return during one specific daily prize. The response, as usual, was a very wide range. Some spent as low as 4k lanterns to get 6-7 daily prizes and we have had others whom not only spent 7k+ lanterns they also spent 11k diamonds on top to go get no more than 10 daily prizes. This is an issue that really needs to be brought up because the answer of " the prizes are random" is not a good enough nor a satisfying one.

Let's see if we can bring this up to the developers and see what they say.
This is my first thread ever so am curious to see if or how this works.

Cheers and keep safe.
Welcome to video gaming and RNG's - apparently you must be new here, since this "issue" has existed since well, forever. :P

.Myrddin.

Private
The current event, done all of the Quests and have collected every lantern going yet in the past 3 days have dropped from Silver (8 ponds completed) down to amature this evening, so thats the L8 bridge out of the window.

And why the sudden drop I can only conclude that this is down to the Diamond buyers who are getting in more ponds than the no buyers.

DeletedUser

The current event, done all of the Quests and have collected every lantern going yet in the past 3 days have dropped from Silver (8 ponds completed) down to amature this evening, so thats the L8 bridge out of the window.

And why the sudden drop I can only conclude that this is down to the Diamond buyers who are getting in more ponds than the no buyers.
It's far more likely that many Players have saved Lanterns for the last couple of days of the Event. One of my Guildies never uses Dias and completed last night for a full Bridge. Dias are more use far earlier, {only my opinion of course}, and with only 8 Ponds crossed, you can't really have expected to manage a higher League.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General

More likely you simply did a much worse job in choosing which animals/lilypads to hop your frog to vs. those who are currently in Silver league...

Between all the available quest + daily log in lanterns, and with even below average cherry tree pay outs, it's easily doable to cross at least 9 ponds without spending a single diamond, provided you only ever choose the most distance efficient choice each time.

Agent327

Overlord

Wrong conclusion. Those diamond buyers are already in gold and way ahead of you. It's all other players that only start spending their lanterns now. It happens every event. Till now players have been going for the Daily Specials. Now the players that go for the main prize become active and they take the best distance with every jump.

Perhaps try writing feedback on the beta forum in the future, while the event is still in testing phase. Devs will surely see it there perhaps even reply, while I never saw a game designer replying in this forum, unfortunately!

When has a dev ever paid attention to anything posted in the Beta forum? We who play Beta all have come to the conclusion that the ONLY thing they want is bug reports, not suggestions.

DeletedUser117610

I’ve questioned the randomness of some aspects also; one time my luck getting an event daily was so bad I calculated it to be about 1:14 billion. It’s possible of course but .. frustrating. Could be solved by normalising randomness; for example if you don’t get a daily in an event after x tries then the next attempt could guarantee a result. You could normalise excessively good results also but that might be less popular ;)

In the last event you needed to choose gold animals for maximum distance but white or bronze for highest chance of daily for currency spent (which you chose depended on % chance / cost). So comparing currency spent vs result for a small sample of players is not only statistically insignificant, it’s also not properly considering the choices players made.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I’ve questioned the randomness of some aspects also; one time my luck getting an event daily was so bad I calculated it to be about 1:14 billion. It’s possible of course but .. frustrating. Could be solved by normalising randomness; for example if you don’t get a daily in an event after x tries then the next attempt could guarantee a result. You could normalise excessively good results also but that might be less popular ;)

In the last event you needed to choose gold animals for maximum distance but white or bronze for highest chance of daily for currency spent (which you chose depended on % chance / cost). So comparing currency spent vs result for a small sample of players is not only statistically insignificant, it’s also not properly considering the choices players made.
Nope... you needed to choose the Silver animals to maximise distance per lantern spent.
If you just went for gold every time and ignored the silver, because "gold = 5 distance vs. silver = 4 distance", then you failed at basic math, since the gold animals were actually slightly more expensive for distance per lantern spent, AND, they didn't as cleanly cover full ponds vs. aiming for the magical '1x gold + rest silver'.

If you actually managed to get that on a consistent basis, it was probably doable to cross 10 ponds w/out spending a single diamond. ;)
(needless to say, I got super skunked with far too many ponds of 2 gold + 1 bronze + rest silver, which ended up costing me precious extra jumps across all but 2 ponds.:()