Expansion Map

Discussion in 'Guides' started by slhumph, Jul 21, 2018.

1. slhumph

slhumph Private

I was wondering how many expansions were available on the city map and where they were located, so I created this map. My apologies if this should be posted somewhere else or has already been posted. I couldn’t find it.

Forge of Empires - Expansion Map.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    shooleyman and Skott Ravenfyre like this.
  2. Agent327

Agent327 Tsar

That is showing the raster, not the available expensions.

What on earth os the use of this? Anyone with a city can see this.

3. slhumph

slhumph Private

I’m not sure what you mean by, “the raster,” but the map shows where you can put expansions, provided of course they can be connected to a previously created expansion.

The number of available expansions, according to the wiki (https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Expansions), is 157 at the moment. So there are more available places for expansions than there are expansions. The map can help you plan how you would like to grow your city, especially if you are thinking about making your city an unusual shape. And it is essential to plan ahead because once expansions are placed, they cannot be moved. So, I found the map helpful (and playing on an iPad it's not so easy to see) and I thought others might as well.

4. Agent327

Agent327 Tsar

That is something I can see when I open my city. Why would I need a map for that?

Why would you make your city an unusaul shape? Do you profit from that?

5. slhumph

slhumph Private

I can’t see it playing on my iPad. As far as why someone would want an odd shaped city, who knows. It’s a game. A square city makes the most sense, but even that is not possible if you have all 157 expansions. The largest square city you can create is 12 X 12.

But really, I created this map because it interested me, and I shared it here because I thought it might interest someone else.

shooleyman likes this.
  6. Richard of shaw

Richard of shaw Lieutenant Colonel

Cheers dude.

7. Skott Ravenfyre

Skott Ravenfyre Major

Nicely done @slhumph. Will benefit some people. :)

8. King Jared The III

King Jared The III Major-General

A job well done. I don't think anyone came up with this before. Good for you @slhumph .
    @Agent327 please stop critizing forum members. Thank you.

9. Test Ament

Test Ament Emperor

DarkUros222 likes this.
  10. Isidore the Fair 363

Isidore the Fair 363 Private

Man why criticize some one trying to help. Brother thank you for the info. It helped me allot to be honest. I also wanted to know because you can only see connections on one you already expanded