• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Expanding GB rankings to guild use

DeletedUser104609

Hello!
At the beginning I'd like to apologize for not being brilliant in English as it is not my native language. So keep on reading even with a few grammar mistakes. :) For the following idea I used search but couldn't find a similar topic so I'm spreading my ideas here now. As of an update or two ago we have the new GB ranking system. That in its own isn't much of use to anyone but it gives a great opportunity to expand further mechanics to benefit guilds.

Proposal:
I have checked the forums and didn't find a similar topic about it. My idea is to improve GB rankings for guild way purposes.

Reason:
In my guild I'm running an excel spreadsheet of all the GBs and their bonuses vital for GvG and good production. Updating it takes much of my free time as I have to click everyone, check their GBs if they change and write down the level. With 70+ members in guild it takes a 2-3h just to check and verify.

Details:
So with the new ranking system it struck me that would be nice if Inno could implement sort of trade like tick to just see guild member lists and then an army management like filter that would show you the needed GB. For people like me that would be great since I'd just compare side by side the level values with what I have. The procedure could go down from 3h per week to 30 min. And then to further expand the capabilities we could also have a check box where you'd select 2 GBs (not to many as it still a part of fun discovering on your own) that you're interested in when they are about to level. You could then receive a warning messages that your selected GB will level in 50fps or so.

Visual Aids:
None as my PS skills are non existent

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
All the above ideas aren't game breaking in my opinion. In the sense of making the game to easy. They're more of a helpful tool for those of us that do the math for guild leaders on how well can we do in a certain era. If you like the suggestion give it a thumbs up. :)

Thanks for reading,
Aghi

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2989

Hi Aghi, thank you for taking the time to post your idea.

It's fairly well written but I have to ask you to try to use the formatting guide so that others reading it can get a better idea of what this is about and show they support or opposition to it. If it becomes popular enough we'll forwarded it on to the dev team(it also needs to be formatted for that to make it easier for the devs to get the right message).

I like what you've come up with though and support it :) +1

DeletedUser15432

You can actually go into the GB rankings and input a players name and it will show you all of the GB's that the selected player has, however, if the player has more than 10 GB's you can only see the first 10, if you try and see the other GB's it takes you back to the main page, therefore, it would be better to fix this issue rather than add further programming, therefore a score of 0 currently because of the issue with regards to seeing the rest of a persons GB's if they have more than 10 in there city

DeletedUser104609

Ok I added formatting now. Was to eager to post and didn't read the rules and for that I apologize.

Pzkpfwv1d, the source of the idea was that similar techs already exist in the game but their are just for trading/army management. So too an outside observer it shouldn't be a major big thing to try and tweak those techs and implement them in ranking systems.

If the game would support some kind of API that you could use outside the game to retrieve guild data as various MMOs have then we cold just make a website and implement the data we needed on the webpage. But as Inno bans user made stuff I asked if something like that could be done within a game and wouldn't make the game bloated.

DeletedUser106918

Great building rankings does not offer anything you didn't already knew or could find out.
Yet you are OP of this thread. It's similar in two ways:
1. You say "the information is already there", which also applies to your suggestion.
2. You are complaining about the existence of the GB ranking, but this is a different issue - just like your suggestion is not related to fair fighting that was brought up by SylverMoon over there. Like there, separate the complaints towards the GB ranking from complaints towards this idea, since these are different topics.

Don't cherry-pick whatever argument you like, check that it's consistent first. Before bringing up an argument, check whether it holds true, especially when used on your very own ideas. :p

DeletedUser106918

1. How is this even similar to my suggestion? If you have donated to a GB they will all be listed through your profile/town hall.
Which only shows you the GBs you donated to. OP's idea was to have a filter for guild mates. Those two are clearly different.

My suggestion works with the fact that you have no way other than visiting the player to find out.
Exactly. Currently, you need to visit every guild member to see their GBs. Or put every single name into the search bar, which, as Pzkpfwv1d already said, doesn't always work either.

If OP havent donated to a GB and just want advertisement when it will level up it's shame on him(or others) for trying to get rewards of others work.
How is this argument different from SylverMoon's argument that it makes it for plunderers easier? Why do you think that your argument is valid while saying that the same argument is wrong in the other thread? Again, check your arguments for consistency, because here you're clearly not.

2. Correct me if I am wrong, but this is the same thing as GB rankings, just another format.
Well yeah, that's the entire point. The idea is not to create a completely new ranking. It's about adding a check box to filter the GB ranking for guild mates.

DeletedUser105579

iiendless, scarcon, I think you've successfully explained yourselves to each other and everyone else. :rolleyes:
Lets get back on topic, shall we?

So with the new ranking system it struck me that would be nice if Inno could implement sort of trade like tick to just see guild member lists and then an army management like filter that would show you the needed GB. For people like me that would be great since I'd just compare side by side the level values with what I have. The procedure could go down from 3h per week to 30 min. And then to further expand the capabilities we could also have a check box where you'd select 2 GBs (not to many as it still a part of fun discovering on your own) that you're interested in when they are about to level. You could then receive a warning messages that your selected GB will level in 50fps or so.

I'm going to pick this apart so that the problems can be corrected...

So with the new ranking system it struck me that would be nice if Inno could implement sort of trade like tick to just see guild member lists and then an army management like filter that would show you the needed GB. For people like me that would be great since I'd just compare side by side the level values with what I have. The procedure could go down from 3h per week to 30 min.

Breakdown (If I understand this correctly)
  • A bar to choose a gb the listing will show
  • A checkbox under the gb rankings to see only guild gbs
The trade like tick and the gb choosing bar, by itself, aren't bad ideas. As was said in a previous thread, you are not making the game easier, you are just cutting down on wasted time.

I agree with others that, while this is a good idea, it should not be a priority for the devs; they have other more pressing changes they would have to do first. I agree that this section of the idea should be forwarded to the devs, while clearly stating that this is a second priority.

However,
I'm going to stay neutral on this (I may change my mind), because

And then to further expand the capabilities we could also have a check box where you'd select 2 GBs (not to many as it still a part of fun discovering on your own) that you're interested in when they are about to level. You could then receive a warning messages that your selected GB will level in 50fps or so.

• Choose two gbs that will notify you when they are 50 fps from leveling
This comes under making the game easier. Here's why:
One could make the argument that this is just reducing wasted time. However, this is allowing players who have put in large amounts of fps over time to suddenly lose their spot, as others swoop in with a large lump sum donation. Yes, that happens often, I too am guilty of that, but that should not be something that regularly occurs. If one is donating fps to a gb, one should have relative security on their donations. Because of that, this section of the OP should be removed, as it is taking away from players who have put in time and effort.

DeletedUser105579

GB rankings shouldn't have been implemented in the first place if you ask me. It only fuels fp-pushing and gives free advertisement to those who already have alot of donators while the avarage player benefits nothing at all. I think they need to improve it (is that even possible??) before anything like this could or should be done. Personally I would rather they scrapped it completely.

I agree with you; however, I believe that since this idea, at the basic level, says, "If we hold gb ranking to be true, this idea should be implemented", that this thread is the wrong place to suggest eliminating gb rankings (perhaps for a different thread :rolleyes:)

DeletedUser2989

I'm revising my support to a 0, as further reflection on this idea has come with some thoughts...

I like that the idea is adding the ability to filter the ranking to see specific groups of people and GB's. But I think the "warning" part is a bit much, given that it'd be easy enough to watch GB's you're interested in with all the filtering options (that and it'd be difficult to have a preset warning point that all could agree on...).