• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event history view reappears without anything new happening

DeletedUser103210

• World:
    Arvahall
  • Browser and Version:
    latest Chrome, latest flash
  • Overview of the bug:
    Event history view reappears without anything new happening
  • Screenshots:
  • How often this occurs:
    few times a day
  • Urgency:
    low priority
  • Preventative Actions:
    none
  • Summary:
    I play whole day non-stop (meaning, I open the browser in the morning and close it 16 hours later, the game is still running) and I visit my city every few minutes to check what's new. I get Event history window when somebody polivates me etc and sometimes, when I close it, it reopens again after few seconds even tho nothing changed (I noticed topmost event and it was same as before).

Not realted to the bug, but it would be great if we could set up filter for when we want to see this event history window, for example I don't need to see it after each polish/mot. Right now I have to close it like 20 times a day and it's really annoying.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported:
    yes
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum:
    not applicable

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
There is nothing new about this bug, as it has been in the game since forever. I once suggested options to disable the new event alerts, or better yet to disable specific types of event alerts. I was told that the alerts are supposedly used to stop bots, but I don't believe they have the desired effect - if someone can create a bot that clicks on buildings and collects production, it should be simplicity itself to make the bot close the alert whenever it appears. Therefore this feature only harasses legit players.

This bug has been reported at least here, and probably several times more both before and after.