• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: Event history could be more responsive ?

DeletedUser

Hi all,

Alright this is the first time I post a proper idea so to speak so please be gentle :o :o

First of all :
-I did check the sticky post and searched in the list for the same idea and couldn't find any (maybe I missed?)
-I also checked the "Great Ideas" and "Bad Ideas" - same result.

Idea summary :
- I would like to suggest an improvement to the event history pop up window in order to make it more functional.
- Could we make this area responsive and have, let's say an option that allows us to have the event history related to a specific player - i.e It's not a sorting option, it's a filtering option that I'm referring to.

Idea Details :
An option I have been thinking of. The best filtering examples are found in the trading window for sure. When looking for trades, a drop down list of preset entries is available to users who picks the trades they want to see. In this instance it sounds straightforward but could we do something similar with events in the event history, whereby by picking a fellow user, we could see only their history logged? It made me think it would be harder as these are no preset entries but a more dynamic content ... or maybe not?

Mechanics :
I have thought that perhaps it's possible to allow a sort of filter command on the back of the picture of the player who's logged in the history :
1) Filtering option on "click" (like when you pick the "guild only" view of the marketplace to display only guild trades, basically)
2) Event history then just displays the activities logged for that particular player (as far back as it goes usually, you know, few days like it currently is)

Please see screenshot below, I have exaggerated that invisible command and made it look like a button to press but basically that would be totally invisible and located in the back of the player's picture : the blue "button" (actually the invisible command) is placed in the back of the picture, for each player in the log (red arrows) :
> The User clicks on the player's picture
> The event history then only displays the logs from this player
> To return to the normal view, click again on the picture (it would be the same command as the tick box in the marketplace)

PS : Please ignore the red circle, in the beginning I also wanted to highlight how empty and dull this little area here is but it's not the point of the post (lol)

evthistdone.jpg

Advantages/Relevance for the game :
1) It does not make the game any quicker e.g. helping out with resources or quests etc etc - no impact at this level so not very disruptive !
2) It obviously saves a lot of time figuring out how active/inactive is a player (it might interest many people after all) and give more visibility, allowing players to focus on other areas of the game, be it GvG, PvP, Trading, City planning, GB hunting etc.
3) It is way more readable and easier to digest.
4) From what I can see in the trade window/menu, it is something doable and I'm sure there are the resources for it?
5) And, there's no change to the player's interface.

I hope I have put enough details to submit a proper idea - at least I put all my motivation in writing this post, lol
And please feel free to comment on my idea too with what you think, looking forward to reading your opinions.

Cheers,
Nut

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2989

Well presented, I'm not sure if this exact idea has been presented but I'm sure it's been discussed. Someone else might be able to find a similar idea but I can't at the moment.

Filtering the event history is something I'd love, sorting by specific people wouldn't really affect me but personally I like the idea of filtering by type of activity. So in terms of your idea in the drop down menu you'd have "polish/motivations", "trades", "attacks/plunders", "guild events" and "holiday events" as types of actions you can filter (there is probably some event history messages I missed).

+1 to some form of filter! Event History is too cluttered.

DeletedUser

Thanks for your feedback tankovy.
I didn't want to present a complex form of filtering so that it doesn't seem like an impossible and complicated idea and I was thinking of people - but tasks would be nice too.

I did search for a similar thread but all I can see is :
- For filters, add sorting/filter options to trade window
- For Event history, add icons or timers.
But nothing in the "list of already suggested ideas" is showing so perhaps I missed it but can't seem to find it on the list :mad:

My worry is that the more complicated we present an idea the less likely it is to materialise. Asking for a filter, for example a drop down menu at the top (in the dull area I highlighted in red) with numerous sorting options is more complicated than just clicking on a picture - I am not a pro of the gaming world but I assume the more triggers and the more actions, the less easy it is to build and therefore the idea quickly goes to the pile of "yeah right, one day" Other than that I think your idea is great too, however I don't see how mine would be working using a drop down list like you suggest.

Example : you want to display only the m/p, you filter on that and then all your recent m/p appear... so how do I see the m/p of a specific person ? To me it looks more like you're suggesting that you can filter on all the m/p only but not the activities of a specific person. I was thinking of filtering all actions by specific player (with minimal interface impact).
So in the end, this might be a different idea we're talking about :D

DeletedUser2989

If it is possible to implement a filter for the activities of specific people I'd say it would be just as easy to implement filters for specific actions. From a coding perspective it would be very similar, I'd say similar to their current filters in the trade market window as you originally pointed to.

Some people need to see the activities of specific people, others want a good count of overall number of activities. Example: I may want to know how many motivations/polishes I get per day or how many attacks I've had over the past week. It's harder to count when all the activities are listed.

We really need a filter of some form especially if they ever consider adding more types of messages to the event history.

DeletedUser

A filter would be very useful in the Events History as it is currently cluttered. I generally need to read only a few of the events notifications and having to scroll through a long list to pick them out is quite difficult and time-consuming. I would also like the ability to delete event notifications, but even just being able to filter them would help.

DeletedUser14145

I agree, its a pain using it to motivate/polish the people who PMed you.
Could there be a mini history side bar as well? So it stays open when you are another's city, so you can just move from one to another, instead of P/M one city, force to go back to your own city for the history screen, then go to another city.
It gets worst for the second page. It always goes back to the default 1st page, after you come back P/Ming someone from the 2nd, 3rd, etc page.
One more suggestion, could the "visit" button be greyed out if you have already PMed them in the past 24 hours? With a large guild and friends list it is very difficult to keep track of.

DeletedUser7719

It would be nice if all windows could work as... windows ;) (ability to minimize, maximize, and close them)