• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Error During Battle / reproducable

DeletedUser

• World: Arvahall
  • Browser and Version: Firefox 12 and 13 and Opera 11.64 - Windows 7
  • Overview of the bug: Fact: Enemys Trebuchet cannot hit someone ==> Impact: Sorry, an error has occured Sorry, an internal error occured Pleas try again later
  • Screenshots: Yes below
  • How often this occurs: Everytime I want.
  • Urgency: quite Urgent
  • Preventative Actions loose the battle?
  • Summary: Bug can be easily reproduced. Just move all Units to the left of the screen so that the first Trebuchet doesn't reach your units, then the Game crashes. (doesn't matter if the others could hit you'r units. as long the first one doesn't) it's the second from above right.
    When I move an archer/Crossbowman towards the enemies, and the trebuchet can hit one of them I just can continue the battle. Until.. you want to kill that same Trebauchet.
    I played so many scenarios, when you want to strike a fatal blow to an enemies unit - Crash.
    It's annoying, since the battle is hard enough against 5 trebuchet. Loosing Units everytime is not funny..
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes, I did. Simlirar errors found. but not exact the same.
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?: Yes, I did. 2 different connections. 2 different PC's. Many different Browsers. Cache, reboot as many as you want.
Overview Sector
Sector.jpg

Overview Units
Attack.jpg

Overview Battlefield
Start.jpg

3 different moves.
1st.jpg
2nd.jpg
3rd.jpg

4th Try - Archers/Crossbowman stay at place.
Trebauchet hits Archer
Catapult hits Trebauchet
Trebauchet hits Catapult
Catapult hits Treb... no wait. ERROR
4th.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This has happened a few times, I know I have seen this before when catapults face trebuchet... but I can not find the thread for it... so i will consider it confirmed...

DeletedUser17

We are working on a similar bug, but I do not know if this is related to your issue. If you still have this issue in 48 hours please let me know.

DeletedUser

I am having a similar issue in Cirgard. Every time I am killing the last unit of a territory I get the same error message. I have not had this problem in Arvahall or Brisgard.

DeletedUser

Thank you Carasus and Checkered Jester!
I know, that the 48h did not pass. Just wanted to inform you that now i'm in mons Suiry and again stuck with the last sector. the one on the right with 4 trebuchets. Battle starts normally, but when I try to hit the trebuchet with my catapult it crashes.
it's really weird, because the other sector with only two trebuchets did not make any problems at all! and I attack with the same troops.
I'm now really stuck, both Jaims and Mons Suiry only one sector missing. Well I could try cragehire .. my EMA troops against LMA xD i'll guess I give it a try.
ah yeah, keep you up to date, after the 48h ;)

DeletedUser

Hi there i'm Back. Still problems in Jaims. As reported above. No improvement since 13.06.2012. still getting the same errors.
Mons Suiry worked fine. yesterday evening.

BR

Andreas

DeletedUser1081

Well I could try Cragshire .. my EMA troops against LMA xD i'll guess I give it a try.

pardon the digression, but: you'll do fine :cool:
i took all but one section of Cragshire with just archers and mercs, so you'll have it made with EMA troops.

DeletedUser

i took all but one section of Cragshire with just archers and mercs, so you'll have it made with EMA troops.

indeed. PVP tower was no problem at all. even with EMA troops ^^

DeletedUser

I would also like to report a very similar bug, coincindetally in the same region the OP mentioned and the EXACT same province. There's clearly a problem there and I would prefer paying no tribute. The world is Brisgard. Here's the pictures.
pic1:
ceva3.jpg

pic2:
ceva4.jpg

pic3:
ceva6.jpg

Always returns an error before the trebuchets move. I've tryied different browsers, clearing chaches, etc. Ofc, nothing worked. Perhaps this will aid you in fixing the bug, knowing the OP is not the only one with the problem.
Thank you.

DeletedUser

Bump. Is anyone still working on this bug? It's very much still there and I can't get past this region. I'm using mozilla 13.0 but I tried pretty much all browsers and none got past this error so I doubt it's got something to do with that. Anyway, when you got time to fix this, give us a hand pls. thanks.
PS: The world is brisgard and I've explained everything else in the previous post.

DeletedUser2022

Same here

Happens the same thing to me on Arvahall world in Jaims, the same sector. The problem is when the trebuchet cannot atack. The funny part is that I was defeated here, but the trebuchets hit every time.

l.e.: Played again the mission twice. At first I left the trebuchet hit my soldiers. Everything worked fine (they defeated me).
Second time i moved my archers to the upper part and the lower part of the map. The trebuchets cannot hit. It gave me the error.
Probably I'll just "Negotiate" the mission. I cant afford to be held back for a month (or whatever will take the devs to fix the mission).

DeletedUser2206

I am having the Error problem on Cirgard, in East-Nagach; final enemy, final sector. I lost count of how many times I have gotten the error message, and the page refreshed. It does not matter if I retreat and try again, or if I continue; I cannot finish the battle. Is Forge of Empires being a sore loser (jk, lol) because this is frustrating, Beta or not.

I negotiated; it cost me all of my spare goods, but got the Ebony forest :)

DeletedUser

world : Arvahall with the northest sector of Cuttingham.

browser : GOOGLE CHROME but I think it doesn't matter otherwise I would know this problem before my 1175th fight et it would concern more sectors

description : Connection failed after I play my eighth unit, so I can't finish the fight
I tried more than ten times, with differents units. Each time, connection failed after I move my eighth unit
I restart my computer (3 times)

Decoder

Warrant Officer
I might have the same problem as far as internal error not allowing me to finish the battle. As far as location it's Arvahall , Badakus, sector top right. I don't know if map location has anything to do with this or not. It is stuck at I am able to move my next soldier but then nothing. Internal error.

DeletedUser1009

I'm having the same issue in Moms Suiry. Will I lose my army, if I retreat?

DeletedUser579

Exact problem after my 4th move in Jaims, (Arvenhal) same error and still occurs after refresh and continue battle is selected.(the players move to their previous positions till move 4, then 'internal error' appears. most annoying as it is a quest to take that region!

DeletedUser

Here in Cirgard also, it happen almost all the time when I go to battle, its hard to get top in my small pvp tower rank due to this constant error and once am frustrated and try "Finish battle Automatically button"... hell, i lost all my range unit to small spearman,tho i know i can take them out if i do manually (but I didn't, in fear of error again,it didnt but i lost the battle) :(

I hope this Battle section error soon be fix.

Province: Tyr

DeletedUser

Just Tested it Again.
Map is exactly the Same, but the Starting Position of my Troops changed.
See Prints:
New Position:
New_Positions.jpg

Same Error:
sameerror.jpg

Still crashes when the first Trebuchet cannot hit any of my troop. I think thats why you moved them all up, compared to the first Screens? Kind a Workaround? :)

DeletedUser1378

I am having this problem in Jaims now too. Exactly the same as described by the previous posts, I have tried it 5 times now with the same result. I am using 4 catapults, 3 archers, 1 berserker. However, if I choose retreat, there is no damage to the one archer and one catapult that sustained a hit.

DeletedUser1378

Say what?? I must be doing something wrong then. I am getting annihilated in my last sector of Cragshire. I am using 6 archers and 2 berserkers, up against 3 longbow, 3 heavy knight and 2 imperial guards. I have done this battle 3 times now and lost every time. How does 1 heavy knight sustain hits from 4 full health archers and still not die?? Ugh! (also, sorry for the digression but saw the post and had to reply, very frustrated)