• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: End game Starship mechanics

LuckE

Private
Proposal: Very late game, futuristic spaceship bases, fleet mechanics, new resource, guild wars in future space ages

Have you checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
It’s definitely a new idea.

Reason: Eventually inno will run out of future ages to put in. Its not going to happen for a while, granted. But when it happens, I don’t want to see the excitement of FoE end. For this reason, I am suggesting a new mode, perhaps to be thought about more when inno is out of ideas for new ages.
This idea is a way to shake up the game when it will be most needed, eventually. A new mode, a new way of playing in the future ages. A motivation for players to keep playing (and spending) when they have reached the final age.

Details:
I’m suggesting a second permanent base, not like the current Space Age bases that go independent as soon as you reach the next age, but more like a permanent ship. This ship is another base, to place buildings within. Factories, hangars, GBs unique to this ship, you could go nuts. We are talking Star Trek levels of technology, and you could have a seperate technology tree in this mode. What’s the motivation to play with this ship? Personal ranking points, a new resource to research with but also:
Every guild who has enough players in their guild who have access to this ship, could play in a new mode. A new kind of GvG, mobile friendly, but this could give purpose to some lesser used GBs that provide guild support pools, as they’ll be used for this new mode as well.
Imagine a mode like the old “raise an army and capture a base” format. There could be planets (or stars) that each guild has to capture. Capturing a star will allow it to slowly produce fighter ships that can be used to take other stars. Each guild member with a capital ship (the ship that we are upgrading as a second base) will be able to have initial fighters based on their ship’s upgrades and what fighters you set. It could be a Rock Paper Scissors style conflict where one type of fighter beats another. Guild members with their ships can send their own ships out to support the fighters taking the planets. It doesn’t need to be device-resource intensive, as this would be a week long conflict between guilds, and would take hours for a ship to get from point A to B. The animations wouldn’t have to be elaborate.
The reward could be special buildings, which further increase your power in fleet battles and or provide a main city buff.
Imagine each guild having a capital ship that they work together to upgrade as well, it could be interesting.

Visual Aids: I can’t provide any, unfortunately. Just use your imagination and see if you can see any part of this idea as being viable. Imagine a Star Trek like ship, slowly developing with more and more incredible types of technology like you would imagine your main base upgrading.

Balance:
Like the ages, these ships have a distinguished line or tier between research. Like the line between modern era and postmodern era, there could be a tier between two research trees for ship upgrades. This is there to encourage progression, but it can also be there to ensure that two ships of different tiers (eras?) won’t battle, and won’t be overpowered or underpowered in a battle. Things like this could be easily organised to be balanced friendly. Nerf modules that are too powerful, or buff some that are too weak. Another thing, maybe have it so each player has to individually contribute their own FP and only their FP for their own ship buildings/modules. Remember, this is a massively end game idea, the players that would be using this are the ones that currently have all the resources to spare for themselves. Their guild cannot research upgrades for them.

Abuse Prevention:
While GBs can be contributed to by guild members, your research tree cannot. This means you’ll still have to climb the research tree which could be made extremely expensive. Also, a player can only upgrade through their own FPs, the guild cannot help each member level up their ship, but everyone could contribute treasury goods towards a guild star base.

Summary:
Fleet mechanics, new second base (capital ship), guild capital ship/base, ship research and ship related GBs. New resource to encourage play, endgame content when inno struggles for ideas for FoE :)
I don’t expect this to be implemented any time soon, even on the off chance that it gets forwarded to the devs. This is more of an idea when there’s no more ideas. I figured it’s worth to post it, and leave it up to the majority/mods to decide if it’s worth remotely looking into someday.

Last edited:
What you describe would require several 'unique' changes to conventional mechanics, specifically imposing restrictions that are not in place for any other age/era difference (GB that players can contribute to but cannot unlock until they reach a certain technological point for one, units that, presumable, operate in a different environment and cannot be used in 'old tech tree-related environments, and probably another few things I can't think of right now).

Your idea also seems to suggest that, rather than developing your existing city into another age, you would essentially 'start over' in what I shall affectionately call the 'intergalactic bronze age'. While not necessarily a bad idea, I foresee a lot of people with very old accounts who play out of a set routine will not be all that eager to find the city they have worked on for actual years is now going to be deemed 'finished' and while they may still continue to enjoy its existence, can they please move along and start 'from scratch' in a space-themed environment that might not appeal to them very much?

I am playing devil's advocate here. Not dismissing your suggestion outright.
But simultaneously, I'm not sure I can see this fitting into FoE.
It sounds quite a lot like different aspects of other (relatively successful) games thrown together (and then slightly tweaked) to make it sound viable for FoE.

LuckE

Private
What you describe would require several 'unique' changes to conventional mechanics, specifically imposing restrictions that are not in place for any other age/era difference (GB that players can contribute to but cannot unlock until they reach a certain technological point for one, units that, presumable, operate in a different environment and cannot be used in 'old tech tree-related environments, and probably another few things I can't think of right now).

Your idea also seems to suggest that, rather than developing your existing city into another age, you would essentially 'start over' in what I shall affectionately call the 'intergalactic bronze age'. While not necessarily a bad idea, I foresee a lot of people with very old accounts who play out of a set routine will not be all that eager to find the city they have worked on for actual years is now going to be deemed 'finished' and while they may still continue to enjoy its existence, can they please move along and start 'from scratch' in a space-themed environment that might not appeal to them very much?

I am playing devil's advocate here. Not dismissing your suggestion outright.
But simultaneously, I'm not sure I can see this fitting into FoE.
It sounds quite a lot like different aspects of other (relatively successful) games thrown together (and then slightly tweaked) to make it sound viable for FoE.
Of course, some of these new GBs could be placed in this starship. Perhaps some could get brought over to their main city. Perhaps participating in these late game modes would allow players to gain a special building to boost their main city.
Perhaps these two bases could develop in sync, with one base being directly responsible for a technology requisite for the other base.
Yes, this idea is stacked in favour of the late game player. Their city progress won’t restart, just will have a new way of progression when inno is running out of ideas to introduce.
Yes, some mechanics may have been inspired by multiple other games. This doesn’t necessarily make it a non original version of these mechanics.
It’s just another way to play, for those who’s civilisations are pretty much gods.
If this idea is taken on, I highly doubt it will be taken completely, bits and pieces will be cut out and things will definitely not be exactly as I suggest. I just feel like throwing ideas at the wall and seeing what sticks could only benefit the FoE community :)

An edit: this will feel more of a better way to progress due to the permanent nature of this ship. When a space age civilisation enters a new era, their planet outpost already goes independent and they start again.
I’m proposing a permanent addition, which may be more engaging to old players, as they won’t see all their work disappear suddenly as they enter a new era.