• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Early servers are dying

DeletedUser276

When I first started, there was a part of the server select screen that said "Hey, we suggest you start on East-Nagach." So I did. This sort of funnels new players towards underutilized servers already.

yah thats what I meant here

As players leave we reopen the world and allow others to join it thereby refilling the world.

guess i wasnt eloquent enough ;) sorry. I think I was in a hurry when I posted my reply

DeletedUser

I would like to clear things up, it seems the players are saying server, but meaning to say world. EN is the server, Arvahall is the world. What you guys were trying to say at the beginning was merge worlds, not servers, transfer your city from say like Arvahall, to Brisgard, and things like that? This seems pretty neat, and I have seen games do this.

Not sure how easy, or hard it would be, and I am not sure FoE would ever do this, but still it would be neat.

DeletedUser

My bad~! I have to apologize since I started this with the error of calling the early worlds, Early SERVERS :( Thank you for clearing this up, Herluth.

DeletedUser

Perhaps someone should let Checkered Jester Know?

Hello Kings and Queens,

Your scouts have discovered a new realm named: Houndsmoor. The eight Kingdom will be open for colonization and battle on January 16th. Be sure to participate in the first world that opens in 2013. Also please note that this is the first server to launch since the Great buildings were introduced. Who will construct the first Great building?

Sincerely,

The Forge of Empires Team

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3157

And I thought there are 7 EN servers, called "worlds" :P

Anyways it is sad if you are not looking forwards to ways making towns somehow transporteble(for example an optional "transfer" to a new optional "more competative" world etc) or not even considering merging into bigger (bigger=better) worlds as technoligy advances. I would assume there are multiple small worlds only because player numbers set technical problems for bigger worlds, and as such the end goal should always be working towards single huge world as it is the superior option and best final outcome a game could have. So despite your comments on it not happening Blacksmith, I still always hoped devs had some sort of merger ideas in the back of their minds.

DeletedUser3707

Anyone want to start a campaign for players to boycott a specific server, to see what the creators will do? >_>

DeletedUser276

Technically we are on the English Server... the world servers are sub servers run off the main server.

but we are getting a bit off topic here.

Anyone want to start a campaign for players to boycott a specific server, to see what the creators will do? >_>

dont make me sit on you :P

DeletedUser

Inactivity in FoE is not as big a problem(to a player) as in some other online strategic games. The game of an individual is so much less dependent on the activity of the others. Sure, the guild, neighbors, friends can make a difference in game, but it's not vital. One can prosper and enjoy the game on his/her own quite a lot.

The game is not about "Come and join other players to create empires, unite and fight together.......etc". It's very much individualistic.
Even at the peak of activity, the interaction between the active players is very, very low. Majority of players would at most reply to a message, but even though very active, the typical FoE player doesn't like to post in forums much (ever), support/polish a few.... or not. Attack only for quest and maps but rarely to blunder.

To the typical FoE player, a dozen guild members/neighbors going inactive will be barely noticed and felt even less. You could have 500 active players left and they would still be enjoying collecting coins and supplies for eternity :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4800

they just don't want to use resources combining two servers, not that it can't be done.

DeletedUser65

they just don't want to use resources combining two servers, not that it can't be done.

the problem is not the resources needed nor the if it can be down as we know it can, the problem is what to do with players who play on multiple worlds. lets say they merge arvahal and brisgard together. i play both those worlds but would only be allowed to carry one of them into the combined server as to not break the multi account rule. You can't force people(some of whom paid real money) to delete there characters.
And before anyone mentions changing the multi account rule, its there for a reason so lets not open that can of worms.

So the numbers may be down on the servers but is this not another reason we have merges?? so we will always have fresh players popping into our hoods,

DeletedUser

So the new world of Houndsmoore is up and running and this is where new players will go.........but what about cleaning up Brisguard??

DeletedUser276

each game world will get a huge boost of players once we add a few more updates and Marketing starts getting a good view of a closely finished product. I wouldnt worry about it. Marketing for us here is minimal till this happens. Guess this is what happens when people create accounts on multiple worlds then eventually stop playing on some.

I though have always been a firm believer that players should only have access to 2-3 worlds max per account. but thats my personal view.