• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Duplicate Blueprints... why oh why

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser276

Well there is something in the works to deal with duplicate blue prints. I figure that I will explain how your getting so many though.

As I have said before getting bp is a slow process. Sure people can speed it up with diamonds but over all it will be an uphill climb.

Each age at this time has 2 great buildings. This means 9 blue prints each. So you have the chance of getting a specific blue print 1:18 chance from both buildings combined.

But once you get the blue print you then have a 1:9 chance of getting a new blueprint and a 1:18 chance of getting the same blueprint as what you already got.

Once you have 6 unique blueprints you then have a 1:3 chance of getting a duplicate blueprint and a 1:12 chance of getting a unique blueprint that you have not yet received. So if you notice the more bp you get the worse your chances of getting a unique bp. I hope my math was done right :) but you guys and gals should hopefully get my point off of this.

Each blue print win remains the same... the only thing that changes really is where the bar is on the scale on getting duplicates vs getting a unique.

*edit just for Lodroth

Duplicate duplicate duplicate duplicate

DeletedUser1176

Any hint on what exactly this feature is?
Any estimated date to be released? (like less than a month, 1, 2, 3, 6 months, 1 year?)

DeletedUser276

I am thinking January or at the latest February. They thought they could release it tomorrow but changed their minds due to a bug that cropped up so it cant be far off.

DeletedUser3076

I find this to be the turning point for me to quit FOE. Three times I have finished as the 2nd contributor in building a "Great Building" and I have received the same three blueprints three times. The game is obviously only about buying diamonds. Ciao.

DeletedUser

I find this to be the turning point for me to quit FOE. Three times I have finished as the 2nd contributor in building a "Great Building" and I have received the same three blueprints three times. The game is obviously only about buying diamonds. Ciao.
Don't metion diamonds Blacksmith may have to "Sit" on you.

DeletedUser

It's pretty rough actually, I've also seen alot of duplicates from being the top contributor. I have 9 deal castle blue prints right now, but only 4 spots filled in lol I don't have all the goods yet so it doesn't really matter that much at the moment.

DeletedUser4800

The problem is obviously Great Buildings themselves. They weren't properly tested, we had something like 1 month to test them in beta and no one even got the blueprints and build the buildings, so there was pretty much no real testing going on.

What they should have done is give everyone 2 blueprints of a certain GB to everyone, each week until most people had build these buildings and tested how they work.

Obviously the calculation method and drop chance and who and when can donate forge points should have been tested as well, but it wasn't and now we have imbalanced, crappy, overpowering buildings for diamonds players that is destroying the game, not to mention the biggest problem which is that everyone is allowed to donate, even people from opponent guilds.

DeletedUser1176

The problem is obviously Great Buildings themselves. They weren't properly tested, we had something like 1 month to test them in beta and no one even got the blueprints and build the buildings, so there was pretty much no real testing going on.

What they should have done is give everyone 2 blueprints of a certain GB to everyone, each week until most people had build these buildings and tested how they work.

Obviously the calculation method and drop chance and who and when can donate forge points should have been tested as well, but it wasn't and now we have imbalanced, crappy, overpowering buildings for diamonds players that is destroying the game, not to mention the biggest problem which is that everyone is allowed to donate, even people from opponent guilds.

It is only a problem IF its a new server and no one else has that GB, otherwise ITS NOT a problem at all.

In my guild there is 30+ GB, half or more are Deal Castle... but, even when there was only 4 or 5 Deal Castles it was very difficult to level the GB, I was one of the 5 people that built Deal Castle first on my guild and I can say that like 75% of the Forge Points used to level it came from Neighbors and Friends, because if it was to count with donors from my guild, probably my Deal Castle would be still at level 2 or 3. (it is at level 7).

Oh, and I have a Babel Tower as well and its the same as with Deal Castle, most donations came from outside my guild (and it is a very active guild nowadays)

This is why we need a complete list of donors visible at all levels, so we can see who is really helping us and who isn't.

DeletedUser4800

It is only a problem IF its a new server and no one else has that GB, otherwise ITS NOT a problem at all.

In my guild there is 30+ GB, half or more are Deal Castle... but, even when there was only 4 or 5 Deal Castles it was very difficult to level the GB, I was one of the 5 people that built Deal Castle first on my guild and I can say that like 75% of the Forge Points used to level it came from Neighbors and Friends, because if it was to count with donors from my guild, probably my Deal Castle would be still at level 2 or 3. (it is at level 7).

Oh, and I have a Babel Tower as well and its the same as with Deal Castle, most donations came from outside my guild (and it is a very active guild nowadays)

This is why we need a complete list of donors visible at all levels, so we can see who is really helping us and who isn't.

So what you are saying is that you purchased ur GB with diamonds and had it leveled within days and you are now whining that it would take too much to level it and that is why it should be allowed for opposition to steal blueprints?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1176

To crumble your argument, I only needed 200 diamonds (those we get in quests are enough, don't you think?) to buy 1 Deal Castle Blueprint, I got all 8 others by polishing and donating and all that happened a long time ago, there is a post of mine here:
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?8931-Changelog-0-22-Discussion/page24

05-12-2012, 19:59
To build my deal castle I only needed to buy 1 BP, found like 3 and got the rest by FP donating... so IMO its pretty viable the way it is.

Btw, GB were introduced November 28.

Well, you are defending your point now... but I'm 100% sure that you are going to change your mind when 3~5 of the same GB are built in your guild.

And today it is at level 7 and like 75% of the FP donated came from outside my guild.

DeletedUser4800

To crumble your argument, I only needed 200 diamonds (those we get in quests are enough, don't you think?) to buy 1 Deal Castle Blueprint, I got all 8 others by polishing and donating and all that happened a long time ago, there is a post of mine here:
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?8931-Changelog-0-22-Discussion/page24

05-12-2012, 19:59

Btw, GB were introduced November 28.

Well, you are defending your point now... but I'm 100% sure that you are going to change your mind when 3~5 of the same GB are built in your guild.

And today it is at level 7 and like 75% of the FP donated came from outside my guild.

Well see that is the thing because I know you are lying because we have 18 GB in our guild and I'm not even exaggerating, I might be lowering the number as I haven't been up to date with the latest numbers.

DeletedUser1176

Well see that is the thing because I know you are lying because we have 18 GB in our guild and I'm not even exaggerating, I might be lowering the number as I haven't been up to date with the latest numbers.

You are so desperate to defend your point that you are accusing me of lying... this proves one thing: discussing with you is a waste of time, because you will never accept you are wrong or mistaken... everyone else is wrong and/or a liar.

I think that even if the game keeps a log of such information and I get hold of it and push it on your face, you will keep saying its not true.

So, keep dreaming.

DeletedUser6965

Hi Ironman and SlickR =)
There are arguments for and against ur argumentations, so I won't catch up this discussion.

But SlickR said more than what u catched up ironman. Fact is, that the GB were not tested enough. Yes this is a beta too and the zz server is only for bigger bugs, but I think GB's creating a big difference on the whole game... it's not like anything before and these bugs/imbalance are irreversible.
E.g the feature to do sth. with multiple BP, it should have been implemented from the start.(and this was known from testing on zz server .... )

DeletedUser

I would also take into account that often there is a need to see things tested on a larger scale to see the full picture of how it works and balances out. We signed up to test a game, we are testing a game :) I kind of agree that the use for duplicate BPs should have been implemented from the start, but on the other hand people were already anxiously waiting for GBs.. All in all I think people are getting silly upset over these things, it's not the end of the world ;)

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser6965

I promise not to ever place info from other sites on this one. Beta info will stay on beta sites.

DeletedUser17

Please wait for January. We will add a feature that will solve this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.