• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Does building a Great Building give your city points?

• Thread starter Princess of Florin
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I've searched for an answer to this, but have not found it. I can't believe I'm the first person who wonders, though.

So...anyone have either an answer or a link to one?

Thank you.

DeletedUser6968

Princess I also think GB do not give points. Built one yesterday and when it got to lvl 1 I did a quick check on points and they where the same.

DeletedUser13187

yesterday i built the statue of zeus and yes ..i got 120 ranking points ..

DeletedUser

Placing a Great Building does give points. According to ForgeStats 100 Ranking points at once.
That is the same as 30,000 resources collected or 5,000 Victory points.

Upgrading the building does not increase ranking, because it's the same building.

- L

DeletedUser

Do keep in mind that Forgestats is no official information. I have not yet managed to build a great building, so I have not been able to test it. I am not sure that every great building gives 100 points, and I do not know if it increases when the building levels up. I have, however, read a few times that they are worth 100 points, so I added that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It does give points, it will give the points as soon as you place the building in your city, not when you complete the first level.

DeletedUser3157

The talk used to be that it give 100 city points lol, all of em and no matter the level. So yeah building a GB usually means a points drop for most players :P

DeletedUser

Placing a Great Building does give points. According to ForgeStats 100 Ranking points at once.
That is the same as 30,000 resources collected or 5,000 Victory points.

I can confirm this. I just placed a Lighthouse of Alexandria, and checked my score before and after placing it. I gained 100 points.