• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do you keep army units or delete them?

QueenNicky

Private
Looking at high players cities I have noticed that a lot have very few army units. I have not been playing that long but so far I have not deleted any. I still have the spearfighters up to mounted archers I placed most recently. They take up a lot of space. Do players delete them? So far I can only select 8 fighters to go to battle, does that change as you go higher in level? But then the opponents are higher level anyway so you still wouldn't use your eg. spearfighters would you? am not intersted in battling against other players, so my use would be on the map, in guild expeditions, quests and events and that sort of battles I might need to do.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Most reduce barracks down to specific ones for their era and build an Alcatraz GB to produce bigger numbers of troops. There's usually enough goods traders around for you to buy the goods required for the GB for X amount of fps.

You can only ever select 8 troops no matter what era you're in.

Upgrade military buildings - and all other buildings - to your current age. There's usually no reason to keep buildings from lower ages.
And yes, Alcactraz is an important Great Building, though pretty big, 10x7. It produces "unattached" troops from the military buildings you have in the city. So you only need 1 or 2 different military buildings (with the best troops) + Alcatraz in the city.

legend9182

Major-General
Looking at high players cities I have noticed that a lot have very few army units. I have not been playing that long but so far I have not deleted any. I still have the spearfighters up to mounted archers I placed most recently. They take up a lot of space. Do players delete them? So far I can only select 8 fighters to go to battle, does that change as you go higher in level? But then the opponents are higher level anyway so you still wouldn't use your eg. spearfighters would you? am not intersted in battling against other players, so my use would be on the map, in guild expeditions, quests and events and that sort of battles I might need to do.
They have unattached not the attached units. Attached units are those which you make directly from its respective building. But unattached are just units with no tie to them. They dont get deleted when you delete the miltary buildings.
I have only 2 attached units I.e. rogues .
Rest are unattached making in total of 4.5k rogues and many other units

legend9182

Major-General
Attaching my units of just progressive era which i am currently in .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-03-06-14-18-28-339_com.innogames.foeandroid.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-03-06-14-18-28-339_com.innogames.foeandroid.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 115

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
After you build a Alcatraz gb and get your Zeus, Cathederal of Archen and Castle del Monte to at least lvl 10 then its time to invest in rogues, shouldnt need an army barrcks unless you do GvG in my opinion, as GE and GbG will supply you with enough unattached units for all your fighting needs in the early ages..