• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Discussion thread - changes to neighborhood merge

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1983

Good job.... I think about 80% of the complaints in this forum would go away :D

DeletedUser

If I understood, now every two weeks all hoods will have the same number of players?

And as much as possible similar in points inside the same "new" hood, cause you can make as many chunks as you need from the previous hood.

DeletedUser1983

Yep... that means players like me would get stuck in a neighborhood with several top ranked players... :D

DeletedUser

Will these changes affect neighbourhoods which have already recently been merged and so are at 80ish players?

I guess I'm asking if every neighbourhood will be reshuffled. I sincerely hope they will be!

DeletedUser4354

Wow, I am in shock! After 6 months of waiting for this I had all but given up that anything would come out of that. I am glad that it was not neglected and we are now about to find some relief. Let's hope it is as good as it sounds!

Thank you Countess and Archangel Snail for listening as you both responded positively to the comments made.

Kaweeka

DeletedUser1983

However, I see a problem here. Let's say there are 30 hoods where top 2 players are 800k points or above and the rest are 400k points or below. What this change would do then is that all of those top 60 players will get packed into one hood and then the next 60 might get into another and so on .... Is my understanding correct?
Ideally, it should be that players at the end of their research tree must be placed in one hood.. So, first you divide all the InA players, then CA players, then LMA players, and so on. That would give equal chance of growth and less plunders/loots on the cities of the plaeyrs who are still growing through the lower ages!

DeletedUser13805

at last i hope it means an end now to big players picking on weaker ones and the weakers ones can then fight people of there own standard : )

DeletedUser1983

Yes but it also means that inactive players get the shield while active players get penalized and hence demotivated to be active. Overall result --> activity levels and in most cases diamond spends go down --> much lower revenues for Innogames from FoE. I'd appreciate if Countess or Archangel explain the logic of new merge process.

DeletedUser13805

i dont see how inactive players get a shield ? all it means is that i will be fighting with the top guys instead of the easy meat and the easy players can now fight with others of there own age and not give up because they can not beat me and if i want to win i have to beat the best. so its got to be a fairer system if thats how it works

DeletedUser1983

Depends on how you define easy meat. That's why I suggested that merge should be based on the development level of each city. i.e., if I am at teh end of InA, I should be clubbed with other players at the end of InA regardless of whether they are at 200k points or 2 million points.

DeletedUser12086

Player numbers in neighborhoods will still vary, because splits will be done at intelligent breaks among groups of players in a neighborhood. But we will see witness a reduction in the number of very small neighborhoods, even though neighborhood size will still vary.

@knockpg: the placement in the research tree is used to define groups, so its more likely that players from an advanced age will end up in a neighborhood with similarly advanced others, which should provide more balance.

DeletedUser1983

@knockpg: the placement in the research tree is used to define groups, so its more likely that players from an advanced age will end up in a neighborhood with similarly advanced others, which should provide more balance.

So I won't be clubbed with 9 other top 10 players in Brisgard, correct? Because there are at least 500 players who have finished InA tree in Brisgard and it'd be nicer if all of those 500 are divided into the hoods rather than top 50, then 51-100, 101-150, and so on. Please clarify.

DeletedUser14349

the only drawback is I am going to miss some of the low ranked players. They were in some cases very good forge point donors :) Well, I still can invite them to the guild if they are not in my hood any more :)

DeletedUser7099

oh nooooeeess! i don't wanna merge with another group of guild mates...

DeletedUser12086

So I won't be clubbed with 9 other top 10 players in Brisgard, correct? Because there are at least 500 players who have finished InA tree in Brisgard and it'd be nicer if all of those 500 are divided into the hoods rather than top 50, then 51-100, 101-150, and so on. Please clarify.

You're spot on, this would not be very interesting, and would mean unfamiliar new neighbors with pretty much every merge. So it will not be done like this.

Each neighborhood will be broken down into smaller groups, which will be merged together with other groups of a similar position in the tech tree. So you will not see ranks 1 through 10 being placed in the same neighborhood by design. Maintaining some variety in neighborhoods is important in order to provide challenge and interest.

DeletedUser3157

Very interesting. It's the right call to give up keeping the hoods together till forever, it made things too boring and uneven. But I see possible problems coming up with this new system as well. Perhaps thinking completely random full shuffles could have been a less ambitious but more fool proof route. I'm mostly just worried here about some super-hoods merging where the longer people get to stay in them, the harder it would be for new up and -comers to join the party. Or also how the excistance or non-excistance of other strong hoodmates effects your grouping along and if it could have snowball effect over multiple merges leaving some people miss the train. Overall this is great news though and I hope it is well thought out and tested :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.