• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Discussion - 1.14 Changelog

DeletedUser7719

Bugfixes

• Move Army Unit Management a little bit higher. This has been fixed.
Shouldn't this either say that: "the Army Management was offscreen a little. This has been fixed" or just remove "this has been fixed"

Also, they're giving point changes to Statue of Welcome in the Modern Era? :p At least it means it can't be too far away ;)
EDIT: looks like inno removed the content
Improvements

• Prevent players to send links to other players not in their guild or friend list.
Wow, never thought of that solution to the spammers. Really smart devs :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thank you for another update, Inno. As always, it's very much appreciated.

I assume from the lack of mention in the changelog, we will not see a fix to the unattached units issue yet as Countess had mentioned? As much as i'd prefer a mark denoting an unattached unit, i'd at the very least like the tooltip to be fixed so that it appears instantly as Countess metioned would be changed. Was this just left out of the changelog? Or it won't be fixed in this update?

DeletedUser7719

I think it was just left out of the changelog, but I need a CCM or CM (or Anwar) to confirm this ;)

DeletedUser15432

Changes look interesting but how many other bugs will this create

DeletedUser

Disappointed to see no mention of the bug introduced in the last update which meant that for a lot of us the battle screen does not load properly; nor the bug that means you do not get your rewards for a successful battle if you have had to reload to get to the battle screen as I do virtually every time now - unless you remember to go back to the Continent screen and, if you have won a region, click on the region.

And as for the "improved" army screen - the best thing you can do if you must keep it is put an option in settings to allow us to use the much better old system!

DeletedUser14587

why there is no change in the new army layout as many show concern about it i guess this would be the best time for FOE to act really fast instead of wasting time doing unnecessary stuff really man

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
I really wonder how many players will remain in the game till they bring up the modern era and the long awaited GvG.... Things are becoming more and more problematic in the game ... Battles are not loading properly for many ... Even if they load, battles are lagging all over again specially PE battle map ... Inconsistent Hood merges ...Longer game-time requirement (for battling larger hoods) ....the new Army mismanagement system which has given players more frustration than any other thing ... The game becoming more & more heavy on resources and very soon maybe cant be played at all by players with a basic computer ... I already find a lot of players going inactive now ... feel the dev's should really be careful with what they are doing with their updates and the new stuff they bring into the game ... any more disappointment and i m sure more will quit ...

DeletedUser12034

I really wonder how many players will remain in the game till they bring up the modern era and the long awaited GvG.... Things are becoming more and more problematic in the game ... Battles are not loading properly for many ... Even if they load, battles are lagging all over again specially PE battle map ... Inconsistent Hood merges ...Longer game-time requirement (for battling larger hoods) ....the new Army mismanagement system which has given players more frustration than any other thing ... The game becoming more & more heavy on resources and very soon maybe cant be played at all by players with a basic computer ... I already find a lot of players going inactive now ... feel the dev's should really be careful with what they are doing with their updates and the new stuff they bring into the game ... any more disappointment and i m sure more will quit ...

Thank you ddevil! Then it isn't only me who feels and thinks the same way. Especially the new neighborhood merges has "killed" many established players. We no longer compete on equal terms and while some benefits and are favorured by their neighborhood others dwell in an abyss with no or few hopes to gain rankingpoints.
It is really frustration to see players fly by in the ranking just because they have a better neighborhood.
Other issues as the lagging has also become worse - much worse - since the PE came to town.

DeletedUser76094

Ingame message notification when player receives message from support.

This is helpful. Would really like to see some key updates to the Army Management system rather soon.

DeletedUser97590

What exactly do you mean by a better neighborhood?!
If anything, having neighborhood merges gives you the chance to get new neighbors whom might be better then the ones you already have.

DeletedUser12034

What exactly do you mean by a better neighborhood?!
If anything, having neighborhood merges gives you the chance to get new neighbors whom might be better then the ones you already have.

Well. Since the new neighborhood merges we have been moved around every second week and although me and my friends has finished the progressive era a long time ago we find ourselfs in neighborhood occupied mostly with players from iron age or early middle age... This while other players - also finished with the research - fight against other progressive players or industrial age.
It is not balanced. That is my main objection and I really hope that the devs are working to balance this setup in a better way.

DeletedUser5180

surely the army management issue should have been addressed with this update. The new army management has resulted in a lot of negative feedback and it should, in my opinion have been first thing on the devs list to fix. yet again we have had a change introduced which rather than improve the game has taken it a step backwards

DeletedUser12034

surely the army management issue should have been addressed with this update. The new army management has resulted in a lot of negative feedback and it should, in my opinion have been first thing on the devs list to fix. yet again we have had a change introduced which rather than improve the game has taken it a step backwards

I don't think it is so bad :) I think it is a good thing to sort by age and to use defending troops as attacking. Before it was problematic to click between attacking and defending. It is also faster now.
And it is surely a step closer to the guildwars :) :) :)

DeletedUser5180

I think it is a good thing to sort by age and to use defending troops as attacking. Before it was problematic to click between attacking and defending.

I cant see how an army can defend and attack at the same time. lets say i'm attacking neighbour X and one of my units is down to 2/10 health..........if neighbour Y decides to attack me while im halfway through my battle with neighbour X does that unit start the battle with full health or will it have only 2/10 health attributed to it at the beginning of the battle.?

Also with the new army management using scroll bars instead of pages how can a player tell how many units they have of a particular type.?

DeletedUser97590

Looks to me like our devs do not play the game, otherwise we wouldn't have these sub-par upgrades released into production servers.
In this forum they have got the holly grail of product improvement feedback, yet they chose to ignore it.
Sometimes these upgrades give me a feeling of living in a Dilbert episode.

DeletedUser7128

No changes to Army Management for Unattached Units! -1000000000000000000000 :mad:

DeletedUser15432

I can not see any changes at all to the army management screen, there was supposed to be a change so that you could check how many units of a given type you had

However, on Fel Drangyr the quest acquire Ydine has changed to scout the province next to Garbourdoux and acquire that province and the reward has changed from single random to double random

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yet another bug with this update, which cant really say it surprises me... after you complete a quest the reward doesnt pop up on the screen anymore, you actually have to go back to the left hand side and claim it yourself... same with accepting the next in line quest... this simply occupies more of our time with useless action on our part... already made a ticket and hope it will get fixed soon

and an advise for the devs, please test these things better before releasing them live... many times the bugs we meet are more anoying than the actual features you create, which in many cases are simply pointless and bring no added value to the game playing, the new army management for instance.

DeletedUser4195

yet another bug with this update, which cant really say it surprises me... after you complete a quest the reward doesnt pop up on the screen anymore, you actually have to go back to the left hand side and claim it yourself... same with accepting the next in line quest... this simply occupies more of our time with useless action on our part... already made a ticket and hope it will get fixed soon

and an advise for the devs, please test these things better before releasing them live... many times the bugs we meet are more anoying than the actual features you create, which in many cases are simply pointless and bring no added value to the game playing, the new army management for instance.

Confirmed this problem in Arvahall