• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Disappearing Messages when creating or replying to a message

juSi

Corporal
I reported this bug via the other method support site over a month ago. They said they were able to reproduce it, and said it had been passed on to developers. Since then, they have closed it without any updates and no tracking number that I can reference. Perhaps this is low on the list, or have decided not to fix it. I have no idea. So now I bring it your attention in hopes that others can motivate a resolution.

• World: East Nagach
  • Browser and Version: IE 9, FireFox 32
  • Overview of the bug: Disappearing Messages when creating or replying to a message
  • Screenshots:
  • How often this occurs: Everytime
  • Urgency: High
  • Preventative Actions: None
  • Summary:
    There is a bug in the messaging system paging logic.

In the messaging section. When opening up, lets say i have:
    Page1: Msg1, Msg2, Msg3, Msg4
    Page2: Msg5, Msg6, Msg7, Msg8

If i then create a new message, close out of messaging, open the messaging center back up, the list appears as the following:
    Page1: NewMsg, Msg1, Msg2, Msg3
    Page2: Msg5, Msg6, Msg7, Msg8
    Msg4 no longer appears, If you log out of the game completely and log back in, then Msg4 will correctly appear on the 2nd page.
    Page1: NewMsg, Msg1, Msg2, Msg3
    Page2: Msg4, Msg5, Msg6, Msg7
    Page3: Msg8

This also happens when replying to a message.

This issue is causing major issues where other members can not find messages in their inbox.

I suspect it's was brought on by the enhancement to show headers and the extra space needed for it pushes the messages further down the list. Because if you delete the message its there on the first page as expected ... either way its flawed and needs to be fixed.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported:
    I have done a quick search, but could not locate any recent similar issues.
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum:
    I have cleared cache and various other machines and browsers

DeletedUser99588

This has been happening for a very long time, definately before any changes were made to headers.

juSi

Corporal
That's even scarier if this has been going on for longer. So does that mean they are fixing it? Can someone please provide a link to that thread that is not closed?

DeletedUser97018

yes, it does happen still/again - never can be sure if you saw the msg or not
and since we're on the msg subject, when will that msg icon flashing for no reason stop? :confused:

DeletedUser9168

quite often the msg icon is flashing because one of those long-vanished messages has decided to reappear on page 4, or 9 or even page 13. And if you didn't manage to read it before it vanished, you do have one or more unread messages deep inside your inbox.

but that is not always the case....
As a guild leader i get very frustrated with the disappearing messages, and folks think i am ignoring them. They do seem to eventually reappear, but sometimes several days later.

juSi

Corporal
The flashing problem is a different issue. Let take care of the missing message issue first

DeletedUser15526

yh the flashing thing is very annoying, but has been here since i started playing,lol

Galladhorn

Monarch
Ohh well, I´m quite new here in the Forums, but I have been wondering throughout the last months why I keep having problems finding ingame Threads. Whenever I can not find those threads I refresh and then they are back to normal (Kind Of*). Have not checked exactly but somehow it seams very similar to initial bug description in this Thread.

Arvahall.
* I in addition keep having problems with thread viewing as follows; The visible part of a thread stays at the same message for very long periods (weeks), regardless of how many messages are in the thread. It is though not completely consistent. Some threads with small amount of text do change. But Perhaps I should bring this issue up in another Thread?.
As such I have not checked if other players are reporting the same kind of issues.

DeletedUser5180

As a guild leader i get very frustrated with the disappearing messages, and folks think i am ignoring them. They do seem to eventually reappear, but sometimes several days later.

ditto mate

DeletedUser

Frequent refreshing and rechecking of the inbox "solves" this issue.

DeletedUser105078

It happens to me all the time and is really frustrating. I refresh whenever I lose a thread, and let other people in my guild know this is the way around the bug, but I would strongly urge the developers to give the problem top priority.