• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: defending your city

DeletedUser

Proposal:
To improve defence capabilities and allow players to plan and use tactics when defending their city instead of just relying on the AI system

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
I have had a look in the ideas section and I can’t find a similar proposal. I know there is a plan to allow manual defence but this would be a change to the AI system.

Reason:
When attacking another it seems that the game is heavily in favour of the attacker. The attacker can see what units the city produces and so has a good idea what they will face. The defender has no idea who is attacking or when until after it is all over. Many players have learned to exploit the AI system so that a weaker army can easily beat a much better defending army with very few losses.

Details: Different units should be allowed to have preferred targets set. So an example is Short range units can be set to attack light melee first or to attack fast units first.
You should also be able to tell units how to advance on the enemy. An example would be to choose between wait in place, advance with other units or to advance at full speed.
These choices could be made when selecting your defending army and would influence how the AI moves your units and targets others.

Visual Aids: I could never draw :)

Balance:
I feel this would help to balance the game and lead to a more balanced PvP tournament.

Abuse Prevention:
I don’t believe this change would allow abuse, it would simply allow defenders to use tactics against attackers.

Summary: to allow a more balanced fight system where planning and tactics are used.

DeletedUser

What a great idea, we should totally have something like this. :D

DeletedUser

Yes I am sorry, I didn't see your post.

I did try to look to see if it had been suggested before.

It's fine! I was just being silly. I know it can be difficult to find similar suggestions that have been posted, especially if you don't know the wording that was used.

Your reasoning for suggesting this idea was similar to my own thinking, which just shows that more people are unhappy with the way the defending AI works. Clearly great minds think alike!