• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

defending units take wounds

DeletedUser

And catapults.

I don't fight on Brisgard (or rarely anyways, haven't in days), and this morning my fourth catapult was finally trained well enough to put it into defence. I've been attacked once after that (and yay, I successfully defended) but to my surprise it's that fourth catapult that has taken heavy damage:

2012-07-13 defensive troops taking damage1.JPG

2012-07-13 defensive troops taking damage2.JPG

I'm not very happy as they take a long time to heal too :(

Edit: for Drama-Queen:
Ah Lord Zena... I am being hit by you almost daily..; it says you plundered, but most of the time I cannot see/notice anything plundered.. so drop me line I am just curious.. did you pludered every time you hit me?

That's apparently another bug which I've come across quite a few times now: someone attacks you, your event log shows you've been plundered, but there's not a single lightning-bolt in your village. When you ask your attacker, as often as not s/he remembers never having plundered you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ah Lord Zena... I am being hit by you almost daily..:); it says you plundered, but most of the time I cannot see/notice anything plundered.. so drop me line I am just curious.. did you pludered every time you hit me?

lol hello Drama-Queen, nice to see a familiar face from the forums in my neighbourhood at last :) Sorry for all the attacks, I'd much rather be polishing & motivating tbh but tournament competition has been pretty intense since the merge!

Nope, I've never plundered any of your buildings and I never will initiate that so not to worry :) I don't like to plunder, and I've never needed to anyways. If you mouse over my profile in the neighbourhood social bar, you will see the message that shows up explaining how I only attack for battle points, the current plunder bug, etc etc.

DeletedUser

Finally! Other people are noticing this magic issue, as well. How do defending units even accidentally take damage?

DeletedUser2047

Getting worse and no news from Dev

Finally! Other people are noticing this magic issue, as well. How do defending units even accidentally take damage?

2 months since reported and it is still investigating? It doesn't take long to confirm this bug. Plus it's getting worse (or I am getting hit harder). LAst time I checked, I had 4/8 defensive units heavily injured. Is there a timeline for a fix or a bug acknowledgment?

Hell, at least give me PVP points for surviving an attack if I am going to get injured units!!!

When will this be fixed???

DeletedUser

I remember it has been said time and again that defending troops would NOT take damage when you're village is attacked, as it's the AI taking care of your units.
I can't find in any of the changelogs that this was changed...

Which makes me wonder how this suddenly is not a bug but a "change"? - and if your units can even show up dead?

I still think this must be a bug.

DeletedUser276

oohhhh big mistake posting that in here. Ticket discussions are confidential. If you feel however that a ticket was not handled appropriately or incorrectly... then feel free to give me a private message or request the moderator handling your ticket to forward to a senior staff.

DeletedUser

So blacksmith does that mean def troops are not suppose to take damage or they are suppose to take damage?

DeletedUser

Out of curiosity, are people still having this problem here recently?

DeletedUser1081

it happened to me just a couple of days ago, Herluth - ie the last time i was attacked.

DeletedUser

Yes, it happened to me 2 times now. Got attacked and plundered, units are healing, says 40min... i check next day, still says 40min... and in the event window I was never plundered... Something is going wrong for sure.

I had the same with my berserks and got so mad i removed the building and made new units, then same thing happens again...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My defending units have not been taking any damage in the past few days, whereas I both successfully and unsuccessfully defended my village.

The "plunder" messages in the events log are incorrect though: you seem to get it simultaneously with the message that you've been attacked, whether you've been plundered or not - and if your victorious attacker returns for plundering at a later time, it won't show in the events log (again).

DeletedUser

Happened to me on Dinego a few minutes ago.

My two new mercenaries that never left the city took damage, one heavy. Im not sure about the other units as Id moved some damaged other units in there as well. - I dont think any of my units died. Quite possibly only the mercenaries were damaged (retained damage)

It was a succesful defense of my town, so seemingly its due to the battle actually physically happening and the defeat screen the attacker gets not wiping the damage to the defenders properly, which seems to normally happen when its a successful plunder??

At least I havent seen my defensive units take (retain) damage from a successful attack on my town yet, though someone else in this thread mentioned that this happened to him.

I hope my units heal now instead of staying damaged ;-). I tend to log out and in when the healing of my units stop as that one seems to be usually just a graphics display problem.

DeletedUser1081

just had two archers wounded by someone's (unsuccessful) attack.
i hope there's some progress soon on fixing this!

DeletedUser

Today I had one longbow archer and one knight wounded on (successful) defense.

DeletedUser

Out of curiosity, are people still having this problem here recently?

yes dude nothing changed, the bug fixing faery must have been busy lately and couldnt do it so i guess smbd in this game should fix it eventually...
anyway as a side note, at least defense troops dont die, they might lose 9 out of 10 hitpoints but you dont have to remake them all together.

DeletedUser

anyway as a side note, at least defense troops dont die, they might lose 9 out of 10 hitpoints but you dont have to remake them all together.

Maybe, but it's mighty inconvenient if you use the same troops for both defence and attacking army :( - if they get injured in the defence you cannot use them to attack.