• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Daily Quest suggestion

Decoder

Warrant Officer
I've been in the situation too often that 90% of it done and then I can't finish it because the time is up and the next day starts.
This frustrates me and at the end I just won't do it any more.

So why not allow the player to finish the daily quest when ever they want.
Who would be worse off if I can take 3 days to finish?
Daily quest simply can mean that 1 quest per day max.

How it would continue after finishing the quest , when the next quest begins can be worked out.
Thoughts?

DeletedUser113901

The dayly challenge is suposed to be challenging . At the begining it was 1 day and if 7 in a row extra reward , then it was 7 with +1/-1 , then 7 , and now you even want to make the challenge easyer ? The reward should have been increased , not the requirements made easyer .

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
I've been in the situation too often that 90% of it done and then I can't finish it because the time is up and the next day starts.

So why not allow the player to finish the daily quest when ever they want.
Who would be worse off if I can take 3 days to finish?
Daily quest simply can mean that 1 quest per day max.

How it would continue after finishing the quest , when the next quest begins can be worked out.
Thoughts?

It's a daily quest not a weekly quest. You can already change the time it starts. If that is not enough, don't do them.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
"Dear Inno, please just give me 1000 diamonds + 5 SoK's every day when I decide to log in."

...is what we might as well just say at this point.:rolleyes:

DeletedUser112745

Open the quest panel.
Select the daily quest.
Press the blue icon of the cog wheels in the top-right of the daily quest panel.
Set the start time to be convienent to you.

As already pointed out above, they’re called challenges because they’re challenging. They’re not intended to be easy, especially not the sweeter rewards.
I’m a pretty busy person and the only daily quests I failed to complete are those I have chosen not to do because I didn’t want to (ie gain control of a province).

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I wish we could get a few new chests though...
Be nice to get a 'Fall' themed chest similar to the 'May Days' themed one, with the Cider Mill/Mill Upgrade/10 fps options, and a Halloween themed chest w/Graveyard/Graveyard Upgrade/Deco/Scarecrow for example. ;)

Decoder

Warrant Officer
It sounds like you get a kick out of this being hard for some.
It seems you are all protecting some advantage for getting them done. The advantage is still there, as I only do one quest in 4 days and you do 4.
The only difference is that more people could enjoy this part of the game and not just the heavy gamer.
Don't do it if it's too hard is the answer of people who don't care about others.
Is that how FoE thinks when designing the game?!

Agent327

Overlord
It seems you are all protecting some advantage for getting them done. The advantage is still there, as I only do one quest in 4 days and you do 4.
The only difference is that more people could enjoy this part of the game and not just the heavy gamer.
Don't do it if it's too hard is the answer of people who don't care about others.

What part of it you do not get? It is a DAILY CHALLENGE, not a quest and it is supposed to be HARD!

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
If you only play for 5-15min a day, you should NOT be able to achieve the same as someone who logs in 3-4x/day and puts in 2-3+ hours of work.
As mentioned many, many, many times before, these are Daily CHALLENGES, not just 'Daily-show-up-and-get-free-stuff'.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

And Inno has already all but removed any actual 'challenge' from these, with the only truly "challenging" task being when the "Collect 3500 Tavern Silver" task pops up.

Decoder

Warrant Officer
So now you are saying it's not even hard.
Clearly you guys are measuring everything to yourself, even the two of you can't agree if it's hard or not.
Maybe, since "hard" is subjective, it could be made so it works for more people. and no, not doing it because it's too hard is not what I call "working".

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
So now you are saying it's not even hard.
Clearly you guys are measuring everything to yourself, even the two of you can't agree if it's hard or not.
Maybe, since "hard" is subjective, it could be made so it works for more people. and no, not doing it because it's too hard is not what I call "working".
1. Keep at least 5-6 Blacksmiths in your city - 8 is ideal though.
Boom! Production quests are now stupid easy... make them trivial by keeping an 8hr production cooked & ready for pick-up - once it's motivated, it can't be plundered, so no harm leaving it sit idle for however long.

2. Always activate your DC's as soon as log in, BEFORE collecting *anything*!!
It's amazing how many people don't do this, and then whine about how they just "wasted" so many collections. -_-

3. Never polivate beyond the top 20 in your 'hood...
Neighbours are your go-to source for a lot of the battle type quests. When the 'hoods get shuffled, it's always a good idea to go through the back half and jot down who has 2 Spearchumpies for defense, and/or has a defense that's 2-4+ ages behind. Those are easy fodder for the 'win X battles in a row without losing' quests.
GE is even better for any of the 'defeat X enemy units', since you can play through an encounter until there's only 1 enemy left, retreat, and then re-fight it until you have all the kills you require.

4. NEVER LEAVE ANY PROVINCES WITH OPEN SECTORS!!
As long as you have no 'unsolved' provinces, you will never get the "take X sectors" quests.

5. Keep regularly pruning your Friends list of inactives. Yes it's a pain the butt, however, doing so means that the only quest that becomes iffy is the god-awful 'Collect 3500 tavern silver' quest.
Upgrade your tray & floor to increase the amount you gain when you collect/visit other taverns.

6. For any of the 'collect 100's of goods' quests, just set a 'neutral' set of trades and ask for a guildmate's help. (ie: 100 basalt for 100 brass & 100 brass for 100 basalt)
It counts for the quest, and no one is actually losing out any goods.

Congrats, DC's are now easy.

DeletedUser112069

4. NEVER LEAVE ANY PROVINCES WITH OPEN SECTORS!!
As long as you have no 'unsolved' provinces, you will never get the "take X sectors" quests.

I'm going to try this. If it works, then you are my new hero. I really HATE getting this DC quest [which seems like every other day] and am known to utter many choice four-letter words when it appears. I'm in LMA and am already 1/2 to 2/3 through the Colonial Age sectors on the map. I really want to slow down and save my progress on the continent map for event quests. I hope this is the magic bullet to cure the games insatiable hunger for sector acquisition.

DeletedUser113901

Nope . I fail most of them . If I could do all it wouldn't be fun anymore . What's entertaining is the challenge.

DeletedUser110425

when the quest requires 45 Tavern visits and then you are at the mercy (per say) of other player in hope that they clear thier Tavern so you can visit. I hvae over 80 friends and would be lucky to get have of those to visit thier own Tavern. To top it off there is no way for a player to know when the last time a player even log in to play, it would be nice to know because they may not even play anymore.