• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

customise military units names

DeletedUser

Proposal:
have the ability to change the name of your military units, this could be a premium feature...

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea:
no similar suggestions.

Reason:
make it easier to see which building the units are based in.

Details:
if you have 2 archer buildings for example you could rename the archers from one building "archers 2" this way you can see from which building your units originate from meaning you can spread the losses between the two buildings reducing the overall retrain time.

Visual Aids:
none.

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
open for suggestions.

DeletedUser

Hey broxbear,

if you take a look at this sticky in the Ideas section: Click me
You'll see
  • Units should be assigned to barracks
in the list of previously suggested ideas.
Check out the thread for more ideas that have already been suggested (and thus don't need to be suggested again).

- L

DeletedUser

don't know if "Units should be assigned to barracks" is the same as i suggested as i didn't ask to assign to different barracks but to merely change the names of the units within there barracks...

DeletedUser1094

Thanks for your proposal, broxybear.

Reason:
make it easier to see which building the units are based in.

Details:
if you have 2 archer buildings for example you could rename the archers from one building "archers 2" this way you can see from which building your units originate from meaning you can spread the losses between the two buildings reducing the overall retrain time.

This IS identical to the above mentioned Idea, by Lodroth. To be able to specifically select which units, from which Barracks/Training Grounds, to be used in battle. It's a good idea, that's already has been given some attention... whether it is a thing that will be included in some future update, we just have to wait and see.

DeletedUser

ok thanks king dael,
im sure you can see my confusion the title "Units should be assigned to barracks" implies that you can migrate units to another building as that would be a terrible idea as you could just move everything to archeries using there 2x2 space instead of other buildings larger areas i also could not see the original thread.

DeletedUser1094

LOL... I can see that. The title was to suggest that "Units should be assigned to barracks" + "for identification purposes". Too long thread-title... sorry about that.

DeletedUser

:D no problem, perhaps archive old threads and link to it from the don't post these ideas list? save future confusion :p

DeletedUser1094

I would love to... but unfortunately all the old idea-threads was lost during a terrible accident. (Not my fault, LOL)
I can only make links to the new ideas in this new idea-section.