• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [CRITICAL BUG] "Polish building" enabled after attacking and go through a defense

DeletedUser

• World: Arvahall
  • Browser and Version: Safari 5.1
  • Overview of the bug: After attacking a neighbor, there is a possibility to polish one of his/her buildings instead of plunder it
  • Screenshots: Two : the first one showing the action panel before attack, the second after.
    capturedcran20120711092.png

capturedcran20120711092.png
  • How often this occurs: Reproductible
  • Urgency: Bug that can be exploitable
  • Preventative Actions None
  • Summary:
    When you visit a neighbor, then when you attack him/her, if you pass the defense, you have the support button "Polish" enabled right next to the "Plunder" one. When you choose to polish, the support button stay enabled but the action is registred. If you try to polish a second time, the "fail calling service" pop up shows up, and the game starts to refresh the page.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: No
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?:
    Yes.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I can confirm this one in Arvahall as well. I figured it gives you a chance to be naughty or nice, lol.

DeletedUser1081

I figured it gives you a chance to be naughty or nice, lol.

same here - why is this "critical"? i quite like being able to help someone back up after i've knocked them down. after all, benevolence is a sign of a real winner :cool:

DeletedUser65

can you actually polish though?? i tried it and got an internal error, refreshed and plundered :p

DeletedUser

same here - why is this "critical"? i quite like being able to help someone back up after i've knocked them down. after all, benevolence is a sign of a real winner :cool:

I use the word "critical" because the fact that you can polish a victim building after passing the defense seems to be a flaw in the main program, accordingly that before the bug, we could only plunder a victim after passing through his/her defense. Otherwise, the "motivate" option should be enabled to. Plus, the option "Polish" work once but the button don't disable itself, and a second hit occurs a reboot of the game ("Calling service failed" pop up...)/

More than that, this bug raise a good question : " is that possible to set enable the positives action to a neighbor even if we passed his/her defenses?" The thing is that to earn point for tournament, we need to attack other, but i think the only "sabotage" possibility is a little bit harsh in case of victory. The victor could choose if he want to plunder or polish or motivate, it seems logical.

DeletedUser

well i had this weeks ago and got this several times already,I did not report it as it is prolly just a glitch in the game,
as indeed it looks like you can polish,but if you look good you won't get the 20 coins for it and the victem did not get his building polished,just ask him/her, he/she will confirm. (after the refresh it rectifies itself)

just my 2 cents

DeletedUser

work around. when you get that leave the town and then go back to the town. only plunder should be there. if that does not work reload the page then go to the persons town. Yes this is a pain in the ....... but I don't see it as a Critical bug. just an annoying one, like that fly that keeps buzzing around your head even when you have swatted it a couple times

DeletedUser

work around. when you get that leave the town and then go back to the town. only plunder should be there. if that does not work reload the page then go to the persons town. Yes this is a pain in the ....... but I don't see it as a Critical bug. just an annoying one, like that fly that keeps buzzing around your head even when you have swatted it a couple times

you actually have to logout and back in or a quick hit in the URL (relogin using cookies) will do that. That bug is an old bug. It has been there for at least the last 8 weeks.

DeletedUser

thanks for clarifying the work around. I always just reloaded (got in the habit) :)

DeletedUser

I am constantly plundering AND polishing after I attack, am I not meant to do that?
I'll check the next time I attack if I actually get gold and/or supplies for both.

Yeah, I definitely get both 'rewards' from plundering and polishing.

Last edited by a moderator: