• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Criteria to join a guild

DeletedUser111104

i have run guilds or alliances in a number of games and in most there would be the ability to limit who joins. So in terms of forge of empires as an example to be able to set to only allow players to join or apply of a certain score and above or a certain era and above or only people with an observatory etc. This would be really useful for a lot of guilds, as an example, in my guild everyone is colonial or above, we want more players to join, but dont really want people below colonial as if someone joins from Iron Age we may struggle to do the GE. Equally, this would help more new guilds to grow as thats where the new players would need to go. Just a thought, but i think its a good idea, as its a simple thing that works in most games ;-)

DeletedUser110195

Set to invite only...like every other guild that wishes to screen new members. Then you go and take a look at someone's city and decide if they just can't meet your criteria. What their age has to do with GE I have not one clue, if you have no goods for whatever age they are, then set it as a requirement that members must either have an obs, or donate the requisite goods each week the guild needs to have them as a member. -1

DeletedUser111104

We want people to approach us, you cam set to application, but most will join guilds they dont have to apply to or wait for an invite. I get what your saying about obs or arc, but you also have to pay some goods for the age below which that wont fix

DeletedUser110195

What difference does it make, if they're EMA or InA? Both will have to donate goods of an age below them, or else someone will have to get those goods instead, and if that's happening, then what's the problem? Surely one lowbie isn't going to tax you so hard you just can't cope. You can always require all members EMA or higher to donate 5 of each good of the previous age, that covers it right there.

DeletedUser111104

I get it completely, im not saying this is an essential addition, i just think its a fairly easy one that can help manage your guild, i'm a reasonable seasoned player. Of the worlds im in i have 2 extremes, both guilds are in the top 100, one is very small and easy to contol, were on application/invite only, but because of that we get very few applications, if we could unlock to anyone join, but have automated resrictions it would be great. The other is a huge guild thats hard for the leaders to keep control of , again automated join crieria would be really helpful. Not everyone would use it, but it would be good for a lot of guilds

DeletedUser103370

★★★★★

Despite what @Augustavian says - which is true -, I love the idea of being able to simply set the terms!
I always prefer direct solutions rather than workarounds, and this could have an advantage on both sides.

For example if you could set that you only want people with Obs, then the ones who don't have it, wouldn't even have the option to join! These criteria could be visible next to the description of the guild too, so when you look for a place to join, you know it immediately what they expect. The missing ones could be highlighted in red or something like that.
Of course you should still need to set some broad terms in the description of the guild, ie. if you need someone active in GVG etc., but for the practical things, like points, GBs, perhaps special buildings you wouldn't need to check manually if one match your criteria.

Essentially it would make it easier to find the right players, and for them to find the right guild.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111104

I agree completely, when you get to a top 10 or top 20 guild you can easily set to invite or application only, but until you reach there you want to leave it open to people to join. When your a new guild you just happy for someone to join, but when you are more estblished, you still want new people, but you want to be more selective. Its a simple way to filter who joins

DeletedUser103370

Yeah, also someone on the hunt for a guild could filter by these too, a simple "show only available guilds" checkbox would make their life easier as well.