• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

When in the Continental Map, clicking on any territory causes me to be fowarded to the white screen with the exclamation mark in the double circle. Can refresh with F5 but this brings me back to the city. Has been happening for almost a day now.
I am in world Grienfental, user name RushFan

Thanks for the assistance

DeletedUser

Thats what I am getting now. It used to say Shockwave Flash crashed and following instructions to fix that I now get what you get. Still a crash though. The mods say to just refresh more often and it will go away :-) It does but it also gives an amateur flavor to the program.

DeletedUser

We've said it a thousand times and I'll say it again :D

The game is rather resource-heavy (still), which is partly so because we're still in beta and there have not been many performance updates yet - although several have been done already.
If you have more tabs in your browser open which require Flash, there will be a greater chance of it crashing. This is even more likely if you go through your neighbourhood or guilds supporting and/or attacking, as each village will have to be loaded, asking for a lot of memory.

The best thing to do is to have only once instance of Forge of Empire open while playing, and not other tabs that require Flash, and yes, it does help to refresh every now and then (or even clear cache and cookies of your browser every now and then).

Sorry for the inconvenience for now, but it really helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.