• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Contributing To Great Buildings

DeletedUser103968

Hello one and all,

I am a fairly new-ish player and have become 'stuck' in a sense where I am waiting for a sufficient amount certain goods in order to have fully researched one particular technology and therefore access more technology to research. As a consequence, I have an abundance of Forge Points that are not being spent which I consider a bit of a waste. I occasionally spend 1 or 2 in the markets in order to get more dye (which is what I need to progress).

As such, I decided to use the Forge Points to contribute to Great Buildings however I am finding it difficult to do so. Whenever I click on a Great Building of any player nothing appears. I have fully researched Architecture in the Iron Age so I do have to ability to contribute.

My questions are: does the player have to be in the same age as me so I can contribute to their Great Building? And do I have to be friends with that player or do they have to be in my neighbourhood for me to contribute Forge Points?

Thank you ever so much for reading through this massive post, and thank you if you can help as well.

DeletedUser99588

You can contribute to players GB's that are in the same guild as you, neighbourhood or on your friends list.

DeletedUser

I am a fairly new-ish player and have become 'stuck' in a sense where I am waiting for a sufficient amount certain goods in order to have fully researched one particular technology and therefore access more technology to research.

Have you joined a guild, because that can often help with trading for specific goods. Trading within a guild is free, and you can also send messages in guild to ask for help with trades.

As such, I decided to use the Forge Points to contribute to Great Buildings however I am finding it difficult to do so. Whenever I click on a Great Building of any player nothing appears. I have fully researched Architecture in the Iron Age so I do have to ability to contribute.

Silly question time: have you unlocked the research as well as paying for it? If there's a $ sign by Architecture rather than a white tick in a green box, it's not unlocked yet.

If that's all done, then it's always worth trying a refresh of your browser page just to ensure that the message has got through - it could be a glitch. Clearing your browser cache may also help - when that gets clogged it can cause problems with aspects of online games.

My questions are: does the player have to be in the same age as me so I can contribute to their Great Building? And do I have to be friends with that player or do they have to be in my neighbourhood for me to contribute Forge Points?

No you don't have to be in the same age to contribute to someone's Great Building, but they do have to be either in your neighbourhood, your guild or on your friends list. The only exception to this is if you've already contributed to a Great Building and a player moves off those lists, you can still contribute to that Great Building for that particular level; as soon as it levels up it's a new set of contributions and you have to be friend, neighbour or guildie to access it.

DeletedUser

The age of the player relative to you does not matter so you can donate to anyone you like. In addition, if you have already donated to someone in your neighborhood and they are no longer there, you can go into your donate history (In the same place as event history) and visit the GB again.