• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Confusion over GvG Ending

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
They are in effect removing more than half the game, gvg was really integrated with many parts, the guild's prestige, the guild support pool, the GB's, the treasury, the PVP towers. Because of GvG, even when you aged up you could still play all the ages below that you had unlocked too. All this time that I've been in space ages since Mars was released, I was still able to interact with all the previous ages and did frequently fight from Iron-FE on all the maps. It kept demand for lower age goods going, it kept demand for troops in all those ages going, it kept a connection to all the history of all the ages you had built over the years going.

Ripping gvg out is really ripping out the heart of the game and making it very 1-dimensional. Only your current age will matter, Alcatraz will become useless, and the only guild outlets will be pre-determined cage-fights against opponents chosen by the computer.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
continent map towers aka the original pvp towers, not the pvp arena.

Actually with gvg going away they could probably get rid of pvp towers now, like they wanted to when the arena was added years ago. With no GvG there will be no way to compete any more in Future and below lower age "towers" except for the lame Hoodies who put 2 spears or other nonsense in their city defense. I can make arctic and up work on GE and GBG, maybe even FE and TE, but iron-CE will be a no-go.
the towers i win are from the continent map, nothing to do with this new pvp arena thing,
i gain points to win each one by fighting in gvg and using the troops for those eras, iron age gvg upto future gvg, hence i have a large stock of troops from all ages
when gvg goes then it will change my game so much
you are right they might as well get rid of the towers as the only people who will be able to play in them will be people who have access to the continent maps as they are working there way through it, or thoses hanging around in low ages

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
They are in effect removing more than half the game, gvg was really integrated with many parts, the guild's prestige, the guild support pool, the GB's, the treasury, the PVP towers. Because of GvG, even when you aged up you could still play all the ages below that you had unlocked too. All this time that I've been in space ages since Mars was released, I was still able to interact with all the previous ages and did frequently fight from Iron-FE on all the maps. It kept demand for lower age goods going, it kept demand for troops in all those ages going, it kept a connection to all the history of all the ages you had built over the years going.

Ripping gvg out is really ripping out the heart of the game and making it very 1-dimensional. Only your current age will matter, Alcatraz will become useless, and the only guild outlets will be pre-determined cage-fights against opponents chosen by the computer.
spot on
it will be the biggest shake up this game will have seen, and for me its the end of the road as my game will be smashed totally, i am not going to be a spare part of a guild, i have enjoyed fighting for the past 14 years and winning in my own right
when gvg goes then my game will be just 130 attr worth of fights, there is nothing left here for me once that day happens so i will just let the game go i have had many good years here and i guess all things come to an end they have young players spending money all trying to get the next must have building believing they will get super strong but what is the point in being strong when the game just nerfs you down ?

k0k0-gada

Private
from my guild of 15 people no one plays GVG except me. and even me not that regularly. most don't even know it exists. the fighting in gvg is pretty bad .
and i saw some fighting speed there that made me think about bots usage. so some 60 % of players are not going to event notice this difference.and probably another 80 %of the reset wouldn't even care

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
from my guild of 15 people no one plays GVG except me. and even me not that regularly. most don't even know it exists. the fighting in gvg is pretty bad .
and i saw some fighting speed there that made me think about bots usage. so some 60 % of players are not going to event notice this difference.and probably another 80 %of the reset wouldn't even care
yes that is true, but then those people dont know how to fight or gain points, they will end up doing little in ge or gbg they are just not interested in fighting as it takes up there time, they would rather play mini games instead hence i call this game now forge of prize bingo as it seems to be all about rewards from events or must have items