• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Combat Terrain Hills and Rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hey guys

Most combat terrain modifiers are pretty clear, but there are 2 that keep eluding me: Hills and Rocks.

From what I gather:

- Hills: Don't do anything? They are just beautification of the terrain, with the same normal terrain stats as grassland?

- Rocks: Got a couple of theories on this one:
1. The range of ranged units is increased when on a rock
2. Units who finished their turn on top of a rock have extra movement in their next turn

Couldn't find a guide or a post about this, sorry if it already exists. But can someone tell me if my theories are true/fase?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

swamps, rocks, and any terrain that's not plain, seems to slow down movement, rocks definitely give damage bonus to short range units and hills seem to do the same to artillery/long range units - all from personal observation and hearsay...

DeletedUser276

randgris seems to have figured it out ;)

most are designed to just slow down your troops but they do give unwritten damage bonuses to specific types of units.

DeletedUser

hills: +1 attack bonus for long ranged, slows all other units by 1-2 movement
rocks: +1 attack bonus for short ranged, any units on a horse (horseman, calvary) cant move onto or over it, they have to go around, slows movement by 2 for other units
swamps: slows movement of all units by 3-4

DeletedUser

Thanks guys :-)

Confirms my suspicions about rocks, but now I know for sure to plant my archers on those. Haven't tried long ranged units yet because soms people claim the damage is bugged for players, but should it be fixed I will remember those hills.

DeletedUser

Great bit of advice there for the newer players that are coming up on reseaching the Archers, maybe keeping them on the hills and using spearmen at the base should be great way to win small battles.

DeletedUser

Great bit of advice there for the newer players that are coming up on reseaching the Archers, maybe keeping them on the hills and using spearmen at the base should be great way to win small battles.

meh, don't bother bringing spearfolks if you can muster all 8 archers, they'll virtually mow down anything the enemy can throw at them :D (I just got them wicked archers :p)

DeletedUser

meh, don't bother bringing spearfolks if you can muster all 8 archers, they'll virtually mow down anything the enemy can throw at them :D (I just got them wicked archers :p)

this...archers have gotten me through the 9 provinces from the EMA tower to the HMA tower (using 1 or 2 mercenaries a couple times mainly for EMA tower points)

DeletedUser

mounted archers are classed as short range units even tho they are on a horse

DeletedUser

thanks for the clarification, could've sworn they were units on horses too :p Thanks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.