• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Colonial Research

• Thread starter DeletedUser5943
  • Start date

DeletedUser5943

I belive colonial structures need about the same forge points as late middle ages structures.

Total middle ages forge point need - 1072 points

Total colonial ages forge points need - 1000 points

I did a quick calculation, so it might be some mistakes, but either way, I belive it should be ~25% more for colonial age, not less than the previous age.

DeletedUser

Hey forem,

I think the reason that the CA is having less Forge Points is because the CA doesn't have any Expansion researches. :)

Hope that will make the difference in points make more sense.

- L

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ah my bad, I was misinformed and answered prematurely. :(

Not disputing your comment. You're right.
*joins forem and raises fist* lol

- L

DeletedUser

Maybe they felt like they had dialed up the FP requirements enough, forem?

I haven't looked much at the prices, but are the coin/supplies demand equivalent, or does the Colonial Age amp that up a bit from LMA? If it does, maybe they felt it was more fruitful to just go that route.

DeletedUser

I also remember it has been said that the forgepoint cost in the LMA was rather high because players wouldn't reach the end of the game too soon then, so that they wouldn't have to wait too long before the next age was released.
But it's here now: Colonial Age! So we can move forward again ;)

DeletedUser

Unfortunately the majority does, yes..
There are ofcourse players who like things hard (that's what she said), but the majority wants it easy..

And if the majority isn't satisfied, they leave.. and that's why most companies keep things a bit simpler.

- L

DeletedUser

while most people have huge stockpiles of resources, forge points... don't...

I think the developers are not considering only the people who was playing right now, but also future people. Yes, people who started earlier have had nothing to do for some time other than compete for medals and build up stockpiles, but for people who have started recently, or will only start playing in the future, they will have had less time to build up those giant stockpiles.

Though don't let me give you the wrong impression, it does seem strange that there are Colonial Age items that are costing less in terms of FP, coins, supplies, or goods, than their earlier counterparts. I look at the Cannon to Field Gun comparison: Field guns have LESS direct coins/supplies, the LMA goods are used in equal amounts, and the Cannons have yet 130 MORE goods on top of it.

I think that Lodroth has at least part of the truth - the devs may be worried that further increasing cost in FP, coins, supplies, or goods may drive some of the more casual players (of a casual game!). Might be hard for some folks to stay interested when their progress gets slowed down so much.

DeletedUser

Hey forem,

... are you crazy? You have really s**t up the game for active dudes. Now everybody will know not only my troops, that is not important but you make them teaching videos on how to dodge their armies, how to fight. The battle for the medals will be tough.
From this thread.
Basically shows what we've been talking about.. the game is already getting 'too hard' and you've got to 'work' for your medals now. lol ;)

- L

DeletedUser

Ok, you want future players to stay in the game... then why LMA research cost so much and take so much time? You drive them away before they get to the faster colonial age.

Unless they think that a "limiting point" was reached. Then the values would be liable to vary around 1000 or so, but not drastically change. And really, a difference of 72 hours when we're talking in terms of 1000 isn't really that significant. Same with the prices (though as buildings are more productive, one would think that costs should mimic this).

*shrugs* So the Colonial Age appears to be slightly less expensive / time consuming. I really don't see it as that big of a deal.

DeletedUser

Statman is right - we don't intend to stretch any age (save, possibly, the very last one) beyond roughly 1,000 forge points - we find that stretching an age even longer would be annoying to most players. Regarding unlock costs, they ARE higher (if you figure in the goods production cost), even relatively speaking.

Finally, I can tell you that at least two more technologies will get added to the Colonial Age tech tree once the game feature for these is ready (which is going to take a while though), taking the total CA forge points to around 1,100.

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser

yes more challenge yet i may be in the early middle age but seeing more people go and easierfor me to stay.I personally think CA should be exended because LMA has more forge points and longer to research.one day if any of you developers can go into modern than try to think of a future age(robot soldier) and it makes the game more COOL

DeletedUser3157

From the information I've read here and there, it appears one thing they have made harder in CA is map progress and fighting. The unit types that were previously underpowered seem much stronger, so with that there appears to be many tricky fights already in the PvP tower. It might be a case for more people this time to actually wait for military to catch up in order to unlock deposits etc. All in all I'd expect more people to get stuck with research waiting for goods in CA than in previous ages, hence some FPs going to waste for some. I mean research seems set up in a way that you will need CA goods to unlock any military research except the first musketeers, meaning you need to either beat armies like 8 dragoons with 8 muskeers, your LMA units or negotate the deposits(which wouldn't suprise me is also not possible without some CA goods). All in all I predict a possible bottleneck there, but it will be only in 10h I can fight for my first CA sector and see if it is really as difficult as some have claimed.

DeletedUser

really? :confused:

so after you, a game should become more easy as you advance, not more challenging... nice...

I didn't say it "should" be easier. I said I don't see what you're complaining about as a big deal. The FP difference at the moment is 72 on a scale of 1000. That's pretty minor (and apparently the FP cost for the CA will be slightly bumped up slightly).

DeletedUser3157

Btw this was on my mind earlyer, but I forgot to mention it - I fail to see any kind of connection between the amount of FPs needed for researches increasing the difficulty level of this game. Besides the first 100-200 FPs most players allow themselves to buy, it is all about waiting and boredom, longer the research takes. If anything makes the game "harder" it would be the super fast to complete researches because then you'd have less time between the researches to stock the needed resources and goods. So any kind of argument claiming longer researches equal more difficult game-play is kinda fail from start. Longer researches equal just slower and more relaxed game.

DeletedUser

A very good observation, hint. Another point is the distribution of technologies and dependencies on the tech tree (which is also slightly more difficult in CA, believe it or not).

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser3157

I think if you ever bought FPs with coins it was because you were bored and/or inpatient to get a new research unlocked. Because otherwise you had to WAIT and that seemed boring, you wanted and were ready to progress faster. Or you wanted to make it in time to get military to some new PvP tower, that happens often too. Actually last time I bothered to spend some coins on FPs was simply because I wanted to get my estate houses upgrade done faster out of impatience, it was mathematiclly complete waste to get the upgrade faster, I made the calculations. I think it was about 100k coins for 16h faster transistion worth 8 extra collects of 60 houses of improvement of 144-108 being 17k coins or smth like that. And I would have never bothered to do it anyways if I hadn't had about 1M supplies already stocked to make that upgrade possible.

Your price of FP needs to be very cheap(under 4k I'd say) for buying FPs be worth mathematiclly to make profit with having upgrade done faster. With the current CA situation it is just unusual because the amount of resources in the game is so inflated and huge, they are just no problem at all with many players in older worlds, so people can just do whatever they want, burn few M here and there on FPs, avoid any possible lower age goods becoming a problem and so on. Basically most economical aspects of the game can intially just be ignored for older players in older servers, they can auto-ugrade their towns without problems(if they have been any active) and then just concentrate on military and speed. People who will come straight from finishing LMA won't have such freedoms.

I will give you a very extreme example here so you'd understand my point: Think of all resereaches in CA taking about 1000 forge points each,would the game really be any harder then?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Isn't there something about great "Great Buildings" being released one day, probably while many current players are in or near the colonial age. My guess would be that the great buildings will be a drain on resources, goods and maybe even forge points as well. Perhaps the colonial age research tree has been designed with this in mind?

DeletedUser653

Really? You don't say... so people are spending coins to buy forge points (even spend diamonds) to make the game harder... :D

faster you get a technology, you have better buildings to produce even more resources, better units to conquer the map and unlock goods, bonuses, etc... and just start a tsunami.

P.S.
Did you ever buy forge points? why spend coins for that? to make it harder?

Thought to yourself: "Hmm.. this is so easy and relaxing... if I would get that technology faster, it would be harder, so let's spend some resources to do that"

very smart... your argument don't fail at all.. :rolleyes:

just about the worst argument i have seen on the forum, Hint is 100% right and you need to reread his reply(s).

If I have to wait a week to collect enough forge points to get to the next level on the tree I have lots of time to collect resources and build troops, its a very easy game then (pretty much as it is now)
If I have to wait only 1 day to collect enough forge points I do not have time to collect all the resources and and therefore have to start making decisions about priorities and will even start to lose FP's because I do not have the goods made to unlock the tech tree level and move onto the next.

Strange as it may seem, yes i buy forge points (my next is 4150 coins) and yes i do it to gain all the advantages you state, but there is a point where either the purchase of coins is not productive because I cannot keep up with resources or the cost of the coins is getting too expensive and I cannot afford them. Personally I would change the game to make it less FP demanding (or give more FP out) so that players hit the resource limits and then the game will actually get harder as Hint suggested.

Reread the posts and have a think about the logic and you will understand.