• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Colonial quest writing: discussion

DeletedUser4089

Hi refresher, It's good that you're so enthusiastic about the competition but in the main post on competition rules, it says "Only one entry per player is allowed."

So I don't think replying with more would be advisable, and I'm not sure what will happen to the 3 already submitted by you. Perhaps a mod will PM you or reply here to explain.

DeletedUser2067

Checkered Jester dd state that the thread would be modded in order o make the competition fair, meaning someone cannot try to use another players entry to make their own. I am betting they are hidden upon posting for that reason. Only the mods being able to see the entry's is the only way thy can ensure fairness and no copycats (best way anyway).

DeletedUser4406

I can not post to this forum ( http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...l-quest-writing-Competition&p=31906#post31906), I registered but that was a waste of time.

Title: Generosity
Address of the player: Your Majesty
Quest text: It appears our neighbours have fallen on tough economic times. To show your concern, compassion and generosity it might be a good idea to do a few trades that benefit them more than us my lord.
Success Conditions: do 2 trades where you trade 30 items (or more) for 20 items (or less).
Reward: 10 of each product from the age you are in plus 2000 supplies
Reward text: Our neighbours are happier and more prosperous now thanks to you and your generosity your majesty.

DeletedUser17

I added a footnote to the competition stating that all entries are hidden to the public. This will make the competition more balanced. Thanks for all your interest everyone.

Since we had so many good entries we decided to make the quests public.

DeletedUser2067

Since in the competition thread so many apparently did not read the rules how does it work for those who put in multiple quests. Do they get disqualified for failing to abide by the rules and putting in multiple quests, do the judges pick from amongst their entries or does only the first one posted count? I ask this because if the judges get to pick from among more than 1 quest then basically that cheats everyone who followed the rules and only posted 1 quest.

DeletedUser4089

Since in the competition thread so many apparently did not read the rules how does it work for those who put in multiple quests. Do they get disqualified for failing to abide by the rules and putting in multiple quests, do the judges pick from amongst their entries or does only the first one posted count? I ask this because if the judges get to pick from among more than 1 quest then basically that cheats everyone who followed the rules and only posted 1 quest.

I've just asked that question to the staff and been told:

Only the first submission is eligble.

DeletedUser4406

Forge Of Empires Quest Compotition
Title: Generosity
Address of the player: Your Majesty
Quest text: It appears our neighbours have fallen on tough economic times. To show your concern, compassion and generosity it might be a good idea to do a few trades that benefit them more than us my lord.
Success Conditions: do 2 trades where you trade 30 items (or more) for 20 items (or less).
Reward: 10 of each product from the age you are in plus 2000 supplies
Reward text: Our neighbours are happier and more prosperous now thanks to you and your generosity your majesty.