• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Colonial quest writing: Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser17

Hello scribes and letter acrobats,

As many of you know we are currently, working on the colonial age for Forge of empires. I was thinking of a way to involve the community more in this process, and came up with the following: A Colonial age quest writing competition. The winning quests chosen by our team may be implemented into the game and their author will be mentioned. Also every winning quest's author will receive 500 Diamonds. This thread will be open for posts until August 5th, 2012.
(note: the quest text and other elements may be edited or modified if needed)

Quest entry template + rules:
For your quest to be a valid entry you must use the following template:

1: - Define Quest Giver: (choose from the following and write the quest in character)
Please note that before you write you should choose one of the following quest givers, make sure your tone and word choice matches the character:
Ragu Silvertongue, your Right Hand:
Your most important advisor helps you when it comes to dealings with other leaders. He is by your side in everyday businesses and when something serious happens in your city. Ragu Silvertonge ist very smart and considerate, although some people call him devious. They say he secretly lusts for power and an even higher position in your empire. So watch your back and make sure that Ragu is always on your side – or he might become a problem one day.

General Grivus:
Your general is a hard-bitten veteran of many battles. He is not a man of many words, but what he says, is well worth listening to. You can trust his judgment. He is absolutely loyal to his king and will follow any of your instructions without hesitation.

Greva Darn, the Merchant:
Your merchant is incredibly skillful when it comes to earning money. She senses every opportunity for good business, and her hints very often are worth as much as gold. But Greva Darn is well aware of her own value, too: She believes herself to be better and smarter than other people, and in most cases she is probably right with that assumption. Because of that she is not valuing courtesy very high, you might even call her arrogant. You will not have an easy job impressing Greva or earning her respect. Nonetheless you should try, it might pay off for you.

Mandrubar, the Scientist:
Mandrubar is a case of its own. He might be old, but he loves his books and is very intelligent. No one rivals his brilliance – as long as science is concerned. You will not find anyone better when it comes to working in a laboratory, but in the real world he is a bit lost and helpless. As long as you keep him out of trouble and support his research you can count on him delivering valuable results for you,

Fernikus, the Architect:
Fernikus is a gifted architect who loves nothing more than his work. He is enthusiastic like a small child when it comes to architecture and beautiful buildings, and he will do almost anything to be allowed to construct new buildings for you. But at times his enthusiasm is going a little bit too far and you will have trouble slowing him down once he is in construction frenzy.

Rinbin, the Jester:
Your jester Rinbin is in charge of good mood. He will entertain you, challenge your wits, challenge you to games and bets and might even play a prank on you once in a while. He will never really hurt you, though, and you can always count on him being there for you in difficult situations. Never underestimate his intelligence or his advices, though – they might prove to be very valuable for you.
2: - Headline (title of the quest)
3: - Address of the the player ("Your Majesty", "Tribal Chief" etc)
4: - Quest text (max 200 chars)
5: ( - 1 or 2 success conditions (optional part for the quest competition))
6: ( - 1 or 2 rewards (optional for the quest competition))
7: - Reward text (max 200 chars, after the quest is completed)

Please post your competition entry below in this thread. Comments should be posted in the question thread. Only one entry per player is allowed.

Click here to leave your comments and question.

Sincerely,

The Forge of Empires Team

PS: All entries will be moderated to give a fair advantage to everyone. So if you post something you will not be able to see it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17

Example post:

1: - Define Quest Giver: Rinbin
2: - Headline: The checkers of the jester
3: - Address of the the player: "Your Majesty"
4: - Quest text: It is a tragedy! My clothes have been stolen, and I cannot entertain you sire without my checkered costume! If you could get me some dye I could make myself some new clothes, until then no more monkey business!
5: ( - 1 or 2 success conditions: pay 5 Dye)
6: ( - 1 or 2 rewards: 200 coins, 200 supplies)
7: - Reward text: Thanks to your help I am backed to my checkered self. My new garments are to "dye" for.

DeletedUser

1)quest giver: Rinbin
2)Headline: April fools joke
3)Your Majesty
4)Mandrubar made a new printing press, I thought it was a new wine press. After Ragu put me in the stocks I was thinking wouldnt it be funny to make a paper saying Greva and Fernikus where engaged.
5)Quest 1 Give 100 dye so i can make ink
Quest 2 i dont know what this paper stuff is so let me have 100 cloth
6)I didnt know that the cloth would jam up the machine!! Please let me out of the stocks its been two weeks now. i wont ever do it again
reward 25 diamonds

Surge

Brigadier-General
1: - Define Quest Giver: Ragu Silvertongue
2: - Headline: Colonization
3: - Address of the the player: Your Majesty
4: - Quest text: We have finally defeated the onslaught of *map enemy's name* on land! It's time to attack and colonize his lands off the coast. But first, we must prepare our ships and the future colony's supplies, colonizers, and guards. This is no easy task, but it must be done, and will pay off very quickly.
5: ( - 1 or 2 success conditions: Collect 150,000 Supplies, Create 8 units)
6: ( - 1 or 2 rewards: 25,000 Coins)
7: - Reward text: We are now fully prepared for the attacks. After defeating *map enemy's name* we may be able to colonize the lands around. All your highness has to do is to send the word to crush *map enemy's name*'s forces!

For the reward, I had trouble thinking. It can reward 20 diamonds, but I don't remember if any collection quest rewarded any diamonds.

DeletedUser2456

1: - Define Quest Giver: Mandrubar, the Scientist
2: - Headline: Observation
3: - Address of the the player: My Master!
4: - Quest text: Hello My Master, I am Mandrubar, The Mad Scientist! I have been studying science now for many years and I need some new resources! Would you help me in getting an Observatory?
5: ( - 1 or 2 success conditions: Pay 10000 Supplies and 10000 Gold, or Build an Observatory!
6: ( - 1 or 2 rewards: 5000 coins, 5000 Supplies or 250 Diamonds or A resource from the Colonial Age
7: - Reward text: Ahh my master, You bought me a Observatory! Now I can continue my evil plans! (Evil Laugh)

Disclaimer -
The above text was created, thought about, spoken out loud, laughed about in my household and the text is Copyright to Chromeozone.
Any Redistrubution, Selling, Hinting, Buying of the text will be dealt with

DeletedUser

1: - Define Quest Giver: Greva Darn
2: - Headline: The nice smell of...
3: - Address of the the player: "Your Highness"
4: - Quest text: As you know, I am a great merchant and from faraway lands I discovered a new substance. It is called "Coffee" ... and with my plan, we can make a fortune but first we need to produce it!
5: ( - 1 or 2 success conditions: Research <Coffee Tech>, Build 1 <Coffee Building>)
6: ( - 1 or 2 rewards: 11000 coins, 9000 supplies)
7: - Reward text: Hmm, perfect! Don't you just love this smell?

Would have loved to be allowed to make a quest chain... Since we do not know the names for technologies and buildings i just used general names. They can be replaced with actual names.

DeletedUser

1: - Define Quest Giver: General Grivus
2: - Headline: Defend the Empire
3: - Address of the the player: My Emperor!
4: - Quest text: Our scouts reported a massive army approaching. We got to defend the Empire by defeating that army!
5: - Defeat 150 Enermy soldiers.
6: - Reward: Expansion
7: - Reward text: The enermy has be defeated. Congratulations with your glorious victory!

DeletedUser

1: - Define Quest Giver: Ragu Silvertongue
2: - Headline: The New World
3: - Address of the the player: Your Majesty (or something else, does not really matter)
4: - Quest text: Unknown territory has been found while searching for new trade routes! Send your scouts to find out more about those provinces.
5: - Requirements: Scout two provinces of the New World
6: - Rewards: 5x<Random Colonial Age Good 1>, 5x<Random Colonial Age Good 2>
7: - Reward Text: The scouts came back with new goods which may be from interest for you!

DeletedUser

Where???

Where to post the threads and how many quests should add???

DeletedUser

2: - Headline: Expand Our Lands
3: - Address of the the player: "Your Majesty"
4: - Quest text: We need more lands, I want you to conquer (name of Province that has a gain of an expansion on conquering) we need to expand my kingdom.
5: no other conditions
6: Reward 20000 coins
7: - Reward text: Great job General, with your help we shall continue to expand and colonise new lands.

DeletedUser

2: - Headline: Incoming!
3: - Address of the the player: "Tribal Chief"
4: - Quest text: Gah! Some of the People have been talking about an attack coming, we should improve our defences just incase the rumours are true, I suggest creating a cannon so that we are defended.
5: ( - 1 or 2 success conditions: Research Cannon + Build 1 Cannon)
6: ( - 1 or 2 rewards: 450 Coins)
7: - Reward text: This new Cannon will help us defend ourselves!

DeletedUser4144

1: - Define Quest Give: General Grivus
2: - Headline: Stocking Up
3: - Address of the player: "General"
4: - Quest Text: General, Not much time to talk, Scouts tell me of an army in the distance. We need to recruit immediately! We will hold them off as best we can, but need more support!
5: - ( - 1 or 2 success conditions: Recruit 4 Soldiers)
6: - ( - 1 or 2 rewards: 500 coins, 5 diamonds)
7: - Reward text: Sir, we have destroyed the forces that were approaching. Swift action is always best in The Military! Another victory for our prosperous city!

DeletedUser4333

my quest

1:ragu sliver tounge
2:up to standered
3:your majesty
4:lord some of your stelars do not think your city is up to scratch, they saythat your neighbors are more powerfull and have better citys than you! we must pu a stop to this before they leave. we must get are city in a better state than the outher leaders
5:get your points to at least 250.00
6: 20 brass, 20 silk, 20 gunpowder, 20 basalt and talc powder

my name is darkforseer

DeletedUser4337

1: - Quest Giver: General Grivus
2: - Headline: New Recruits
3: - Address of the player: "Your Majesty"
4: - Quest text: Our glorious empire is expanding at such a rate that our army is growing incapable of defending it! I strongly advise that you should start recruiting able men from our newly acquired regions to strenghten our army!
5: - Success conditions: 1) recruit 4 colonial age units, 2) move (any) 2 units from the Unit Pool to the Defending Army
6: - Reward: 1) 4000 gold, 2) 4000 supplies
7: - Reward text: Thanks to your efforts, we can now defend our glorious empire against any attack attempt.

DeletedUser

General Grivus

My Son Is Getting Old

Your Empire

My son's birthday soon, he works in my stone mason. And sometimes he is late for work.
I would like to buy some Iron and Gold, and then go to a clock maker.
1. Produce 4 Gold, and 2 Iron
2. Pay 4 Gold, and 2 Iron

Reward: 450 coins, 300 supplies

Thanks for all the help, I hope I could do more than to give a "Thank You". But if you need some stone just come over to my mason.

DeletedUser

General Grivus

My Son Is Getting Old

Your Empire

My son's birthday is soon, he works in my stone mason. And sometimes he is late for work.
I would like to buy some Iron and Gold, and then go to a clock maker.
1. Produce 4 Gold, and 2 Iron
2. Pay 4 Gold, and 2 Iron

Reward: 450 coins, 300 supplies

Thanks for all the help, I wish I could do more than to give a "Thank You". But if you need some stone just come over to my mason.

Regards, Toxic-Boss

DeletedUser

1:-Define Quest Giver : Greva Darn
2:-Headline: Stolen Supplies
3:-Adress of the player:''Tribal Chief''
4:-Quest text:Oh..where are my jars and bowls ..?! Someone stole it ! Please give me gold to buy new....
5: ( - 1 or 2 success conditions: pay 12000 gold)
6: ( - 1 or 2 rewards: 20000 supplies)
7:-Reward Text:Thanks for gold now i can continue producing supplies...Let the King make you Knight of justice.

DeletedUser4262

1:Define quest giver: General Grivus
2:Headline: Helping your far away colonies-Part 1
3:Address of the player : Your Majesty
4:Quest text :Your overseas colonies are in dire need of army support. They encountered native resistance in the islands Your Majesty send them to colonise. If you expect your colonial forces to be successful they demand you send them 3 army troops as reinforcement and the army rations for theyr long journey.
5:success conditions: dismiss 3 units and pay 6000 tools
6:reward:10000 coins,10000 tools
7:Reward text : your colonial forces are succesfull the sent part of the spoils of war as tribute to Your Majesty

DeletedUser4262

1:Define quest giver: Greva Darn
2:Headline: Helping your far away colonies-Part 2
3:Address of the player : Your Majesty
4:Quest text :Your settlers have discovered (colonial age refined goods name) deposits on the islands ,but they lack the means to extract them . I strongly recommend Your Majesty to provide them with the proper resouces they need to extract it.
5:success conditions: pay 10 stone+10 lumber+1000 tools
6:reward:20 (colonial age goods name) + 10 gold bars
7:Reward text : Your Mjesty took the right decision in this matter. Your settlers successfully extracted (colonial age goods name). While they where working they stumbled upon a gold vein. Make good use of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.