• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Colonial age goods accrued just plain wrong

DeletedUser

Hey,

On the release of the colonial age I was finishing off the LMA part of the map. So the LMA bonus area and colonial map area along with all the associated quests had not been started.

I'm looking at my colonial goods numbers and scratching my head a bit at just how easy it will be to fufill the colonial goods requirements for the era (im not talking about LMA goods in the CA tree). I have not built a colonial age goods building yet and have done nothing but capture territory and complete quests. I also dont bargain for sectors.

Currently my stock is
27 coffee
35 Tar
38 porcelain
35 paper
5 wire (with 5 wire to come in my current main LMA bonus quest line and 20 more when I acquire 2 more sectors of Queenshope) so lets call it 30 wire.

The current total for each colonial good is

27/40 coffee
35/40 Tar
38/60 porcelain
35/80 paper
30/80 wire

165/300 = 55% of CA goods required given to me and all I have researched is muskets in the tree. I think it is fundamentally wrong. From memory there is definately no other age where you recieve anything close to over half the goods requirements for that age in rewards. Not even close!! In other ages you need around 200 of each good there was no way I was given 100 of each from quest rewards!

On the colonial map I have only taken the PvP tower, Lavignon, and have 1 sector remaining in troulope. On the LMA bonus area I have the middle territory remaining and 2 sectors in Queenshope. There is a good chance I will recieve even more colonial age goods as rewards in upcoming side and main quests.
In the situtation I was not part of a guild and recieved tar, coffee or porcelain as goods deposits i'd have no use for the building after 1-3 productions?!?!?!?

And yes I understand there are LMA requirements in the CA tree and yes I understand that CA goods will cost more. But really? In my view this is just too easy and completely unbalanced with other ages.

I think this needs a serious rethink.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser653

It was far too easy, but I suspect most players and myself included did not complain, but I tend to think your right.

DeletedUser4800

There was a big discussion about this and I think most players concluded that the Colonial age was way too easy, certainly much easier than LMA.

DeletedUser

The thread isnt supposed to be a discussion on whether the CA is too easy it's to raise the issue that possibly over 55% of CA goods are gifted to you. This doesn't happen or is even close in an other age.

DeletedUser3157

Yeah I noticed it too. Do some more quests and you will end up roughly 50 of each CA goods. Btw it happens in iron age as well to a degree, quests give you 20+ of each iron resource. In EMA you get barely nothing, in HMA and LMA you get somewhat decient amont from quests. The amont goods needed for the particular age they are from is usually always rather low, it should be bigger esp in later ages, since research takes so much time those goods become no problem to produce. Overall each new age goods always land last in my priority list if I'm forced to choose between researches after getting the military, house and supply upgrades I want, because I will still have so much time left to produce that limited number of new goods.

DeletedUser

This is, however, a discussion.
You have made a statement that can be discussed.

This is in no way an idea, unless we are supposed to interpret your idea intention from your statement, and you haven't used a template.
This should be moved.

- L

DeletedUser3157

I thought this was already in feedback section, I got here by clicking on "new posts". Anyways aint you L like a mighty moderator with all the powers to make it happen?

DeletedUser

Moderators have assigned sections, so we don't step on eachother's toes. ;)
Besides.. I've gone green now and so my powers on the forums have shifted. :p

- L

DeletedUser4089

Wheee, off to the discussions section we go, hold on to your hats!

DeletedUser7719

Soz, I'm not in the colonial age (halfway through LMA), but off the look of it and some other gossip:
1) I don't see any 80 forge-point requirement for new research
2) I looks like I can't use the before age troops like I could with this age (ex. I heard it's barely possible to kill 8 dragoons with 8 gsw) (I'm guessing this is a good thing though)
3) What the OP states
4) There is a loss of lower tier goods (kind of like tier 1 goods in LMA)
On a side note, where was this post before?

DeletedUser

the idea is supposed to be that the game designers rethink how many colonial age goods they hand out as rewards to quests. Maybe thats a discussion, i dunno.
@byeordie i've killed 8 dragoons with 8 great swords twice. Lose about 7 and a half of them doing it though.

DeletedUser4089

If you looked at the rules for the idea section you see you need to submit a clear and exact solution or addition, following a mandatory template. This discussion is basically just complaining and stating some things you don't think are good.

DeletedUser4089

Yes, this thread started in ideas. I moved it to the feedback section of the forums as that's exactly what it is, feedback discussing a part of the game.

DeletedUser

If you cant read between the lines i'm suggesting a change/decrease to the amount of CA goods you receive as rewards from quests. Template aside, we'll agree to disagree Bartimaeus, this is an idea.

DeletedUser2206

If you cant read between the lines i'm suggesting a change/decrease to the amount of CA goods you receive as rewards from quests. Template aside, we'll agree to disagree Bartimaeus, this is an idea.

more of a suggestion to discuss, rather than an idea.

DeletedUser3157

Really don't understand what's exactly your problem here. That you can kill 8 dragoons with GS? Or that you can barely kill them?
Btw you do realize that this heavy melee unit has actually 50 defense about 80% of times, right? And it never gets retaliated because it has range, right? CA has so far the most balanced military units within its age of any age, all 5 unit types actually have their uses and nothing stands out as really over or underpowered. This is not the case for any of the earlyer ages.

DeletedUser7719

I can't argue against that until I get to try the field guns :p

DeletedUser653

Theres one area with 8 field guns and if you hit them with fast units from LMA its a win.

those field guns are pretty good but need support from heavier hitters to stop them being taken out by fast units, I quite like 4 FG + 4 Musk for PVP attacking where I do not know the defending troops and for defence I vary a lot between 8 dragoons, 4FG/4 musk and 8 musk but every now and again stuck those Grenadier's in to give them a little run out (they get bored in the barracks and start to smash the place up if they do not get to crack a few skulls!)

Hints right in that CA troops are pretty balanced and about right. I did have to really fight with my LMA troops to start getting CA areas and thats as it should be, within the CA troops the Muskets pretty good as a all round guy and has good range but he does not dominate like archers did.