• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed thread

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I see Inno are taking the path of least resistance yet again.

The foedb site is not yet approved and it remains questionable as the whether it is in breech of any rules regarding automated data collection - so what do Inno staff do?

Simply ignore the issue and close the thread!

DeletedUser99588

Personally I thought they were being quite pragmatic with their response. considering how long the thread has been going they have obviously taken time to consider and as you are not allowed to advertise other products on the forum have recommended that the owners seek endorsement.

I hope FoE do allow it as it is a good tool and eases some of the pressure for them to provide similar functionality in-game.

DeletedUser914

I cannot understand why there is a topic in which you not can discuss. In the meantime there is a website that is useful, does exist, but every chat about it, is not permitted. Looks like dope in the Tour de France, everyone uses, but no one may talk about it.

Please give the freedom of speech back.

DeletedUser15432

Another useful thread has also been closed - lots of people have used it, however, now we are not allowed to comment about it anymore

DeletedUser105544

That website does not really exist. It was only your imagination folks. There is no such things like a useful website.

DeletedUser

I saw the website - it is good, but I do not understand why do we need it(by the way, my name does not exist there:confused:)? The same rankings can be displayed in the town hall. Why do we need to open another page to check info, which we can see from the current browser tab? Can someone explain me?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16026

Using bots/scripts/automated clicking to assist you with the game itself or mining data which is otherwise not available to you in general gameplay is a violation of the Game Rules. Using bots/scripts for compiling available data in a better format is not in violation of the same.

The thread was not closed because we're ignoring the issue, quite the contrary. It was closed because sometimes it is going to take a while to officially "okay" a website, and it simply didn't look good if we A] left the thread open for days or weeks with no actual response or B] removed it after it was posted and kept it on the bench while we made sure it is fine. So all the markets have come to an agreement that the best approach to avoid all that trouble is if those with third party sites come directly to us and once we okay their sites we will post about them in THIS LINKED THREAD. Of course in this instance with that present case things cannot go smoothly either way, but we're hoping it improves things for the future.

The other wanted effect from this is that for any feedback/comments you should contact the people in question directly through their website. This does not mean that we will be cutting off all communication about those websites, but we want to push direct communication with the websites instead of using the FoE Forum for that. We will set up threads (or clean up the links from the old threads and reopen those) for discussion as soon as we can. Please be patient while we go through that, it shouldn't take too long.

DeletedUser914

A] left the thread open for days or weeks with no actual response or B] removed it after it was posted and kept it on the bench while we made sure it is fine.

Can you explain why another second party program, which was already available from the start of the game, is now under investigation for the same third party rules? After 3 years: lets check if inno can trust that site which every well playing member trusts, for years... and so many topics already made about it.

Unbelievable, do it quick please so we can talk about it.

DeletedUser16026

Can you explain why another second party program, which was already available from the start of the game, is now under investigation for the same third party rules? After 3 years: lets check if inno can trust that site which every well playing member trusts, for years... and so many topics already made about it.

Unbelievable, do it quick please so we can talk about it.

Because we do not want different rules for different sites. If we're making some go through a procedure, then they should all go through it. I am not sure which site you're referring about, but if it is Forgestats then it has been cleared - you can find a link to it in that linked thread. The discussion threads will be set up additionally, that does not require any approval just some work on our side and we'll try to do it asap.