• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

City Planning Tool

DeletedUser108047

I'm always looking to optimise my city but as my city gets larger it is harder to manage particularly if you move things around only to realise what seemed a good idea was actually not.

I'd like the developers to create a tool that would allow you to copy your city layout, tell you how much road, empty space etc you have and let you play around with it without altering your actual city. Ideally you could also model for future buildings etc

Perhaps the tool could be a technology that you have to obtain like Architecture for GBs eg 'Town Planning' for city planning that could be upgraded for later levels

If you then came up with a more optimum city you could then either replicate it manually or for a fee - coins/supplies etc reorder your city automatically

The point of the tool would not be to replace the challenge of better designing/optising your city but to highlight and encourage people to optimise their cities

DeletedUser108047

Thanks - looks interesting and presumably is a useful tool. I'll give it a try. Can you clone your FoE layout into the tool? Or do you have to build it from scratch before manipulating it?

My idea was also to build optimising the city into the game play a little more and this tool would not add that

DeletedUser653

Sorry Test
That site has been down for a while now with "502 BAD GATEWAY", servers not taking to each other.

Real pain as very good site

DeletedUser2989

Dane has a good point where it'd be nice to see such a tool added to the game. It wouldn't alter your town but you could play around with town layouts without having to rely on external resources. I'd +1 something like a "town planning" feature so long as any "autochanges" feature doesn't override what players would normally be able to do while manually editing their town. So for example if normally you'd need to delete a house to get enough room to move something then that has to happen.

DeletedUser653

Does anyone have any knowledge on whats happened to the site?

DeletedUser15910

+1

Lets people be creative and play around trying new things. Now if you want to change your city you have to plan a moment where you have plenty of time.
And mostly its to much fuz to replan the city the way it is now.
So this idea would really make the game more fun.
I play clash of clans on my mobile as well. there the replanning of your town is worked out perfectly! Would really suit this game as well!

+1