• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Choose if you want to see the road connection warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proposal: Choose if you want to see the road connection warning

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
It seems to me that there aren't

Reason:
When i build my city, for some performance reason, i leave some building disconnected. They could from some set, or the military building for alcatraz, or something else.
Now, the game need to tell me that those building aren't connected. Forever.
I don't like it

Details:
Add a settings to let remove those connection warning. They are useful when rebuilding the city. Yes. After that, at least for me, they are annoying

Visual Aids:

Screenshot (60).png

Balance:
None. It is aesthetic

Abuse Prevention:
None. It is aesthetic

Summary:
Nothing special here. If someone has some cons, please let me now

Knight of ICE

I do not see it happen. Those buildings are supposed to be connected to a road. That is a game basic and that's why there is a warning if they are not connected. What it comes down to is that you have found a way to play the game in a way that was not intended. You can not expect Inno to make changes for you, cause what you are doing has an annoying side effect.

Removing that warning can result in players forgetting to turn it on when they are doing a reconstruction. Result can be they put back a city with nothing working.

Removing that warning can result in players forgetting to turn it on when they are doing a reconstruction. Result can be they put back a city with nothing working.
My proposal was NOT intended to work in reconstruction mode (that would be a nonsense), so no problem here.
What it comes down to is that you have found a way to play the game in a way that was not intended.
Yes. I mean, I can play the way I want right? On top of that, alcatraz that produce unit for barrac non connected to a road is a feature of the game. I don't think that's unintended from inno.
I do not see it happen
Sad that a moderator see in that way :(

Knight of ICE

My proposal was NOT intended to work in reconstruction mode (that would be a nonsense), so no problem here.

There is a problem, cause right now the warning symbol of a building not being connected also works in reconstruction mode.

Sad that a moderator see in that way

Has nothing to do with being a moderator. If you, like me, have watched several Q&A's with the devs, you get a pretty good idea how they look at these type of ideas.

Vesiger

Monarch
It's pretty frustrating when you accidentally delete a single road piece, and the game suddenly grinds to a halt as it struggles to calculate and flash forty or fifty disconnected building warnings - it's the equivalent of having all the animations switched on again, and every time I've tried that I rapidly get the warning advising me that the processor can't cope, and suggesting that I disable them! Although I'd rather have a confirmation for deleting roads..

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
It's pretty frustrating when you accidentally delete a single road piece, and the game suddenly grinds to a halt as it struggles to calculate and flash forty or fifty disconnected building warnings - it's the equivalent of having all the animations switched on again, and every time I've tried that I rapidly get the warning advising me that the processor can't cope, and suggesting that I disable them! Although I'd rather have a confirmation for deleting roads..
Even if you have the road connection warning turned off - it could still cause the problem, as it could be running in the background and just not appearing for you (all depends on how it is programmed) - so regardless, you could still have processer issues.

I don't think this would solve your problem

There is a problem, cause right now the warning symbol of a building not being connected also works in reconstruction mode.
My suggestion is to make an option that when i'm in the city i can turn those icon off. Not when i'm in reconstruction mode. This is not a problem, it's my proposal :/
Has nothing to do with being a moderator. If you, like me, have watched several Q&A's with the devs, you get a pretty good idea how they look at these type of ideas.
Never watched a Q&A's with the devs, but if you're saying that than this proposal is useless, even if this go to the dev team, they will see it and say naaa

I mean, it's a simple graphic suggestion, i don't see any downside, if you don't want to use it than turn on the icon. At first i was surprise that in the game there isn't an option like this, there are other strange option less valuable for me in the config.
I guess it's all subjective, but at least leave the decision to the player. This is what I think

Knight of ICE

My suggestion is to make an option that when i'm in the city i can turn those icon off. Not when i'm in reconstruction mode. This is not a problem, it's my proposal :/

There is no distinction between your city and reconstruction mode. It is on in both. Turning it off means turning it off i both.

Never watched a Q&A's with the devs, but if you're saying that than this proposal is useless, even if this go to the dev team, they will see it and say naaa

I mean, it's a simple graphic suggestion, i don't see any downside, if you don't want to use it than turn on the icon. At first i was surprise that in the game there isn't an option like this, there are other strange option less valuable for me in the config.
I guess it's all subjective, but at least leave the decision to the player. This is what I think

That's what I expect they will do. Let me give you an example. Players have been asking for a one-down kit. Their reaction to that is a simple no. Reason, you have to move forward in the game, not back. If you want/need goods from a previous age you can trade. Tha's how they look at it.

You might not see any downside, but there is. More Support tickes from players that turned it on/off by mistake. A mistake that can not be made now.

JustKowhai

Private
I had issues placing two lane roads as fitting them into empty spaces and joining to existing two lane roads would not work. I reconfigured my entire layout which gave me a huge headache and am still unsure what I changed which made it work. A warning like 'you cannot put this here move over' would help IMO.

Chuckler

Private
PERSONALLY, I don't want to use the idea. HOWEVER if it were to be implemented

1) the setting will expire after 1 week. So after 1 week, the road creation warnings reappear, above each house/building. You can re-add this setting - at least forcing you to acknowledge that you have unconnected buildings.

2) the warning in the top-right of the screen ALWAYS shows (but you don't get the warning above each house/building). i mean where the boxes are to advise of any promotions/Offers etc... (I play on a PC)

Knight of ICE

Idea does not have enough Community support. Locked and archived.

Status
Not open for further replies.