• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Cheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Just wanted to help so you can remove this bug aldhough i am using it, you can cheat when in pvp and you see your army will be defeated just log out and log in and retreat and thats it. I think if you choose to fight you cant give a pvp backout:cool:

DeletedUser4089

I can't see how any of this is a bug, retreating is a function within the game.

Unless you mean that damage taken is not registering when you log out/log in and retreat. If that is the case, you should report it in the Bug Reporting section of the forums(using the required template) and cease doing this as that would be classed as exploiting a bug and is against game rules.

Please reply with more details. (is damage registering?)
Thanks for playing Forge of Empires.

DeletedUser

No, no damage has been done, cause i used it as quickly as possible, i can test it dough

DeletedUser4089

So, all you're doing is entering the battle, seeing that the opposing army will beat you, then surrendering, with no moves/damage taken?

If so, that is not a bug. It's a feature. After retreating, you have to wait 24 hours to attack again, just the same as would happen if you'd fought the whole battle.

DeletedUser

you need to click on "surender" button in lower left corner and you retreat with all forces alive at that moment. That "surrender" button confused me also, but i tried once and now i know. Maybe devs can rename "surrender" into "retreat" ?

DeletedUser

Here's the button everyone in the thread is referring to.
5dszg3.jpg

It basically does what you do manually. You retreat and get a 24hr cooldown before you can attack that specific player again. There is no cooldown if you were fighting an army of the continent map.

- L

DeletedUser1094

I have just tested it... (was afraid the old bug had returned)

No harm done... it is as explained above. :cool:

DeletedUser1081

If I'm reading the OP right, s/he's talking about retreating, not surrendering - those are two different things.
During a battle, if you hit "refresh", you get a window asking you if you want to retreat or continue battle.
There was a long time when that led you to quite different results than using the "surrender" button.
If that exploit has returned, it does indeed want reporting.

DeletedUser1081

Yes, that may well be, but it's gotten a bit difficult to be sure, since y'all are referring to "retreat" and "surrender" as if they were the same thing.

Refreshing/retreating (which the OP seems to be describing) is not technically the same as surrendering. The "retreat or continue" dialog is a safeguard against battles being inadvertently interrupted due to server collapses and so on. Using it deliberately to get out of an excessively hairy battle used to be a highly esteemed exploit. Then it was changed ... but it's still not technically the same as surrendering.

DeletedUser

Hmm,
and the guy you attacking will get a report that his army was able to stop you or what?

DeletedUser

Basically the defender will get the same message as though they would have defeated the attacker, yes.
"[NAME] attacked your city. Your defending army was able to repel the attackers."

DeletedUser

Basically the defender will get the same message as though they would have defeated the attacker, yes.
"[NAME] attacked your city. Your defending army was able to repel the attackers."

As I thought.

DeletedUser

During the past week I had some dropouts from the game while in combat. Upon reconnecting I was not always returned to exactly the same combat state - it sometimes seemed to have bcktracked a bit. I didn't consider it a bug though, so didn't report it.

DeletedUser

During the past week I had some dropouts from the game while in combat. Upon reconnecting I was not always returned to exactly the same combat state - it sometimes seemed to have bcktracked a bit. I didn't consider it a bug though, so didn't report it.

Hmm, that may indeed have to do with the auto-save or whatever that is called :) If you want to make sure it's really not a bug, you can always report of course, then this can be looked into. If you choose to report, please don't forget to follow the template :D

DeletedUser3157

There appears to be some confusion among the original replies in page 1. Actually there were 2 rather similar bugs.

First was that if you chose to refesh/logout when attacking a naber and choose to retreat instead of continuing combat when relogging, you could actually attack the same naber right away without the 24h waiting period. While if you retreated from combat "normally", your attack counted as failure and you got the 24h cooldown period. This allowed players to always take ideal army setups for the battle, because essentially by abusing this bug they were able to "scout" the target player defense.

2nd very similar bug was that you didn't lose any armies when you retreated, so if things went wrong, you were able to try again and again twithout any losses till you succeeded.

So I think the OP is actually about the bug1, while most of the replies are about bug2.

Btw from what I remember, those 2 bugs were prolly somewhat related but were not fixed both at once, so they overlapped a bit. Perhaps the bug1 was what remained wrong after they tryed to fix bug2, not too sure any more. But from what I do know, both of those bugs were fixed more than a month ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i just tested that and if you choose to retreat same outcome as when you "surrender". 24h no attack is in place and i didnt lost any unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.