• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Changing neighborhoods

DeletedUser

On one world I am a frequent player. On another world I am a casual player. Where I play a casual game, my neighbors get ahead of me in leaps and bounds and I have devised a plan to change neighborhoods. Tell me if it works, please.

When the number of players in my 'hood gets down around 40 I plan to go inactive for a week or 10 days and be dropped from that neighborhood. (I am in EMA) With luck they will merge with another 'hood at that point and get back up to 80 members. Thus when I become active after the 10 days there will be no room for me and I will be assigned to a different neighborhood?

Does that work? (note that these are my thoughts over a morning coffee so I may or may not do this but would be interested to hear if anyone has?)

DeletedUser65

When merge's happen they don't fill the 80 spots available so there is available space. So if you become active again after a week you will be re-united wit your old neighborhood, or with your old neighbors in a new hood. There's also the fact you don't know for sure if your hood will get merged on any given Sunday so returning after a week you could find your further behind the exact same nieghbors

DeletedUser

I also believe I read elsewhere on the forums that inactive players are not removed from the neighborhood when they are 'hidden' but are put right back into place when they become active again. If that neighborhood had been merged to 80 players before then, the newly active player would simply make 81.

DeletedUser

When merge's happen they don't fill the 80 spots available

The only merge I have been through so far would suggest otherwise:
neighbors.jpg

So I am still curious if anyone has tried. What would happen to my neighbors from last week if they came back this week to find the neighborhood full?

DeletedUser65

they become player 81 , as taeriyn stated above no player is removed they are just hidden from view when inactive,if all 80 players from both hoods return the game the hood would have 160 players.
with regards the 80 player hood after merge, nice for you. highest iv seen on any world is 71.

DeletedUser

My NH has been hovering between 40 - 45 since I began playing. What is the average population? What is the threshold for a merge? At the moment I am loosing out on 35 PvP battles per day...

DeletedUser8813

My NH has been hovering between 40 - 45 since I began playing. What is the average population? What is the threshold for a merge? At the moment I am loosing out on 35 PvP battles per day...

yep that makes 2 of us my hood hovers around 43...thats 37 battles a day lost and a lot of xp and pvp points..i mean you can still win the pvps but its the xp that i miss the most.. makes it hard to climb the ladder

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11640

I also have 41 neighbors in Greifental more than a month now and in houndsmoor is less than 30 activ out of 80 players, but after few days it will throw me somewhere between strong players with GB or premium players. It is never right.

DeletedUser

What is the threshold for a merge?

There is no real 'threshold' for being merged. The game will merge your neighborhood with another once it finds a compatible one. If you have 50 players in yours, there needs to be a 30 or less player one at a roughly similar level of advancement. I suppose the laws of averages would say most happen at around 40.

DeletedUser

Hopefully in the future they will adjust the maximum people per 'hood to solve the problem of the many 40ish people neighborhoods, but you still won't be able to get away from the people you were originally put with when you started the game. Doesn't matter how long you go inactive for, they will always be there.