• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Changes to the scout

• Thread starter DeletedUser105579
  • Start date

DeletedUser105579

Proposal:
The scout will have a set of new characteristics
  • Moving to a conquered/unconquered territory
  • This will cost something
  • Giving a small att/def boost for attacks in the territory it is in
  • Infiltration reduction
  • Some more additions

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Couldn't find any

Reasons:
1) The scout is a rather useless looking/acting item, aside from opening up new territories, it does nothing
2) Who ever heard of a scout that could only be repositioned when a new unknown territory opened up

Details:

1) You may move the scout to wherever you want (conquered/unconquered territories); moving it will cost a certain amount of coins based on the distance (this will not apply to scouting new territories); it will also cost time to move it based on the algorithm FoE uses for distance

2) The scout will give a 3% att/def boost to attacking troops in that territory
3) The scout makes infiltrating x% cheaper (I was thinking 5%)
4) The scout can die if you fail an attack (15% chance), in which case it will re-appear in the "home territory" and can be moved from there (costs coins to move)

Game-wise, this would make the scout useful, make the scout interesting, and allow players to plan ahead and decide where they would need their scout.

Rationale:

1) Scouts are hardly ever stationary; they are often moved around
2) The fact that you would have a "foothold" because of your scout would probably make troops more secure in their chance of victory and therefore hold their ground
3) One of the jobs of a scout is to trade with locals / convince them you're the one to follow so naturally a slightly cheaper infiltrating would make sense as the scout has already done a little for you
4) Find me an invincible scout. Please. Additionally, it makes sense that the scout appears in the home locations, as the city would have to send out a new scout.

Visual Aids:
Healthy, thanks

Balance:

You're paying some amount of coins (equivalent to distance being traveled), so it's fairly balanced.

Abuse Prevention:
Inapplicable

Summary:
Gives scouts another layer of usability and reality

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2989

I'm going to give this one a -1 simply because I like the way the scout currently works. Nothing wrong with the idea, just when I think of the scout and how it works I think I'd be happier with the way it is.

joesoap

Major-General
-1, i dont want to spend fps moving a scout, especially when you have a quest to infiltrate or acquire some sectors as i sometimes have to open a couple of provinces to find the most suitable

DeletedUser105579

-1, i dont want to spend fps moving a scout, especially when you have a quest to infiltrate or acquire some sectors as i sometimes have to open a couple of provinces to find the most suitable

Not against an alternative form of payment... its just that it should cost something to move the scout

joesoap

Major-General
its free to move it now so why would we want to introduce any payment to it & add a time element to it moving between already scouted provinces, so i'm still a -1 on changing how the scout works

DeletedUser106918

its free to move it now so why would we want to introduce any payment to it & add a time element to it moving between already scouted provinces, so i'm still a -1 on changing how the scout works
... no? You can never move it for free, because you can't move it at all currently apart from scouting a new province.

DeletedUser105579

Basically what I'm trying to suggest (and it is a really rough idea I do want edit suggestions) is 2 things
1) moving the scout regardless of if there is an scoutable province
2) the scout does something extra

DeletedUser99588

I think this is one of those suggestions that may have had merit during the early stages of its release but 3 years down the line when its in its end of days phase.......

If they are going to look at ways of extending the life of the game and adding content I would rather see the guild quests idea explored, with a discussion between the developers and community prior to ensure it would be enjoyable. They also need to figure out what happens after level 50. I think it has already been reached on one server.

DeletedUser

You will always have to pay for scouting with couns or diamonds. I like this idea,so I will give it a +1. If you have time, will you explane me what are those more feautures?

DeletedUser105579

You will always have to pay for scouting with couns or diamonds. I like this idea,so I will give it a +1. If you have time, will you explane me what are those more feautures?

It would give some additional slight perks to being in a territory you are attacking, but could die, where it would have to be moved again.

At least a clarification why?

DeletedUser15432

I agree with Tankovy regarding this and therefore give the scout a -1 score