• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Changelog 0.31 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser7767

Now its been implemented I can see what they were getting at; on both the servers I play on I have dropped between 6k and 9k further behind my closet neighbour. The reason? I dont buy diamonds; their cities are stacked with bought buildings, I have 1 which I got thru quests. I dont know why I am even surprised.

DeletedUser

My score jumped up around 8,000 points and so did the scores of those close to me in my neighborhood. Net result: Non issue

Edit: On the Guild forum there is now a bright flash to tell me there are new posts . . . but where are they? There are a lot of topics and threads and posts in our Build forum so do I still have to go through them all to find the new posts?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11540

In some occasions, players could get the same quest multiple times in a row, after a completion or an abortion. The problem has been corrected.
No it's not, and it's worse than before because now the game doesnt allow me to skip me than 2 Q in a row, 1 of which is a duplicate. To continue the loop, I have to refresh a bunch of times before I can get to the Q I can do. An alternate to that painful process is to accept a Quest and abort it TWICE in order to continue the loop without refreshing.
I think ppl should be able to get the same quest after a completion since it's save ppl from having to cycle the whole loop Q to get back the Q they want. The loop should continue after skip/abortion though.

DeletedUser3157

So the quest givers dissapearing 1 by 1 and doing other annoying nonsense is actually designed intentionally to make completing rotating quests more frustrating and time-wasteful cause u need to refresh game dozens of times to actually get passed ones u can't complete? Hahaha, go team. Always works to make a somewhat functioning feature look like it is bugged in order to fix a pseudo problem.

Srsly, if u don't want rotataing quests, just remove them from the game..

DeletedUser11540

Well, nope. Basically it's still the same now that I know how not to have to refresh.

DeletedUser

I can't get into the game anymore. Use the google chrome app and it can not be found. Go to the main page and I don't exist. WTF? Does this have anything to do with any updates?

DeletedUser5180

guild message notification = great addition
breech loader bug fixed = great
quests seem to have a new bug = needs a heap of refreshes

all in all though the improvements far outweigh the quest bug so good update well done inno :)

does anyone in authority have any idea when a use for blueprints for gb's already owned might be implemented.?

DeletedUser

does anyone in authority have any idea when a use for blueprints for gb's already owned might be implemented.?

That's currently classed as a "major" unscheduled ticket for me, so soon (sorry, can't be more specific than that). Good news: We have finally hired another game designer, so I expect to get more of the backlog tickets done once he has settled in.

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser9614

There are 3 bugs that are extremely annoying:
a) Messege randomness
b) Battle freeze
c) Quest loop weirdness
I would trade fixing ONE of them for entire 0.31 update....

DeletedUser276

the message issue from what I see should be related to some changes that are on their way. When they get here then I see that getting prioritized.

Battle freeze I believe is a java overload. I have talked about that with some of the other community managers and its known.

quest loops were altered a bit ;) will take some getting used to.

DeletedUser

So you`re saying that`s not really a bug?
I understand you need people buy diamonds and not get them for free but wouldnt be easier to simply stop players from creating villages on more than, lets say, 3 servers?
Or reduce the amount of diamond packages you get until those who do quest for diamonds get bored? Or completely remove them altogether.
Or like hint says simply stop those recurring quests?
Or any other way of dealing with this situation that wouldnt look plain superficial and be really annoying for the player?

DeletedUser9070

I really doubt the devs intended the end of InA quest loops to be wonky the way they are currently, they are back at being how it used to be bugged in the Colonial Age days, which was fixed after a while.
It happens when you receive certain quests and abort them as they come in, you are supposed to receive the new one but display error and the client doesn't update until next refresh/reload.

It won't stop players from getting the looping quest they want as it is since you just need to reload the game, abort and reload until you get the right one so I doubt thats intended to work like this even if its to try to affect players somewhat, its just annoying.

They did mention they altered quests but that was for the ones where you weren't meant to have it done more than once, what players are complaining here is the end of industrial age looping quests that is intended to work as a loop for players to have something to do whilst waiting for next age, which is a bit broken right now.

DeletedUser

I keep just getting the same 3 repeatable quests. Finish the one, get the exact same one instantly. Dont think this was intended. Haven't cancled any yet, just curious to see how many times the same quest will repeat.

The battle freeze seems fixed for me, which is very nice. Over all good bug fix patch.

DeletedUser

I can't get into the game anymore. Use the google chrome app and it can not be found. Go to the main page and I don't exist. WTF? Does this have anything to do with any updates?

There are currently some problems with this. Please be patient, we are aware of the situation and a fix is being worked on. I hope it will be sorted soon! :)

DeletedUser

• The Guild button will now blink at the start of the game when there are new posts in the guild's forum.
Initially this new addition was annoying, but it might actually bring me to use the guild forum.

DeletedUser14587

well the increase of points from building ur city for sure will be good thing for non fighters so they can go up in rank also its good for as well so we can get points from such things its not too much like fighting still its a good thing

cheers

DeletedUser

So what about the quests problem? We just have got our 31 update on our servers and this is annoying.

DeletedUser11540

About the Quest problem, it seems that the devs want us to bear with it since it's a way to discourage diamond farmers. All is good, except that there are Quests that keep looping more than twice as before and if your army get massacred, you'll still stuck with recruit Q til you build them back. But maybe they plan it to be like that from the very beginning. Who knows?