• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Changelog 0.30 discussion thread

DeletedUser3157

Ok thanks, couple of weeks is more than enough for me :)

Btw if they thinking of ways how to do it and got no good way to retroactive calc - really primitive sugg would be doing it just in multiple steps over very long time period lol. Maybe 5x lesser changes than u had planned right now. People think ok small point changes, gonna miss out on maybe 2-3k pts max not too bad. But next month u do it again! I bet u can do it at least 3x before ppl start figuring out what is going on :P

DeletedUser276

Dear Kings and Queens,

After reviewing feedback from you, our players, the planned changes will be postponed until the update to 0.31. This is to allow for improvements in the implementation of the changes. Here's what will happen instead:

The point changes will remain the same as in the chart given, but at the time of the change, each player's city's buildings will have their points recalculated* to match the new points scheme. In most cases, this will mean that after the change is implemented, you will see an increase in points. An exception to this will be if you have a large number of decorations in your city, in which case you may notice a decrease in points.

* For those interested in the technical side: The city's old building points will be removed, then the change is applied, then the city's new building points will be added.

Thank you for supporting Forge of Empires.

Sincerely,

The Forge of Empires team.

ah now I got an official announcement.

DeletedUser

Ditto. Makes a ton more sense and allows us to move forward. Thanks.

DeletedUser

This is great news, thanks for the info Blacksmith. It is certainly appreciated that the powers at be, listened to our feedback on this and found away to make this change happen.

p.s. rawruk you scored on the technical side ;)

DeletedUser9070

Great stuff, one question remains for me, are the new cost for Industrial Age Houses going to be active tomorrow with update 0.30 or it will be pushed along with the new points change @ 0.31? Cheers.

DeletedUser

The points change has now been cancelled for this time. There will be no points change tomorrow.

Hi Blacksmith,
Why is it so hard to adjust everyones already built InA buildings with this update? You may have already said but i have missed it, and can't understand why such an unfair update was going to go ahead. I am relieved to hear that the developers are having a rethink. When there was an adjustment on the PvP points we all had our cities ranking points changed automatically, so we have seen there is a capability there to do this, I'm just confused with the other 10 thousand players why we can't do this again ?
Maybe if we all understood why we can't have our cities adjusted, there would be less anomosity around the update.
Regards
Jai2506

DeletedUser

Do we know if the IA residential buildings cost will still increase with this update? Or will that change with .31 as well?

DeletedUser

Hi Blacksmith,
Why is it so hard to adjust everyones already built InA buildings with this update?
Maybe if we all understood why we can't have our cities adjusted, there would be less anomosity around the update.

They are adjusting it. Read the announcement, mate.

The point changes will remain the same as in the chart given, but at the time of the change, each player's city's buildings will have their points recalculated* to match the new points scheme.

And to Blacksmith, I'd just like to say, thank you for the communication, feedback, and efforts on our behalf. You were remarkably chill under the intense player response. Bravo, sir.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10336

Hats off to INNO for listening to their customers. Thank you.

DeletedUser276

yeah well those that kept the discussion going without resorting to name calling, insults and swears :P

Though the ones that didnt got a weeks vacation from worries.

DeletedUser

@Blacksmith- I know it is coming on April 3rd, but do you know a time so i can best plan for deletion of old buildings and building of new ones, to have the least amount of time with no building in that spot. Thanks in advance

DeletedUser12086

cosmosdad1: The points changes will not be on April 3rd, but has been postponed until the following update (in ~ 2 weeks). Buildings will not be deleted - they will only have their points adjusted :)

DeletedUser

Great stuff, one question remains for me, are the new cost for Industrial Age Houses going to be active tomorrow with update 0.30 or it will be pushed along with the new points change @ 0.31? Cheers.

Can a mod please answer this q?

DeletedUser

@Blacksmith- I know it is coming on April 3rd, but do you know a time so i can best plan for deletion of old buildings and building of new ones, to have the least amount of time with no building in that spot. Thanks in advance
cosmodad1, please re-read previous 2-3 pages - update is postponed until version 0.31 and points change will be applied as asked from players!

Thanks to Devs listening to their customers / beta-testers. Hope that this means new page in devs(INNO)-players relationship.
Now, when we all learned lesson, we can turn to other important stuff, bugs, ideas and all those bits and pieces that will make this game worth to play way into the future, be it for diamonds or for free.

And yes, thanks to non-dev crew, mods, admins & all who stood here as being sitting ducks for targeting practice - hope that you'll get correct and sufficient info in the future ;)