• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Changelog 0.26 - discussion thread

DeletedUser

You can not satisfy everyone in the gaming world with one game, I have complaints on the game as well, but I can not expect Inno to tailor this game to what I like. When we first started in this game, a player could be at 2 million points in a matter of months, they readjusted how points were given, 2 million went down to 200k, or less, we had a lot of players mad, including myself, but we adjusted, the game still works exactly like it used to, but with less points. Same as GBs being tweaked a little, we still have the GBs, they still work, it is better than before the GBs, and people will adjust, including myself. This is beta, and in the beta phase, a lot of things will come, and go, they will see what works, and what does not, some things are great in the players eyes, but unbalanced when you actually take a look at them. Once beta is done, the game will be normal, hardly any changes, this is when you know what you like in the game will most likely always be there, in beta, it may stay, or may not.

We are here to help improve the game, finding bugs, testing all the features pushed out, and we are subject to the changes that come with beta.

DeletedUser

It looks like I got seriously confused. I just confirmed with slingers I got the same for killing spearmen as I did with trebuchets. 108 points each, not 90. Same for my EMA city and LMA city(in two different servers, of course.) I totally misread something. I thought you got more for attacking units higher age than yourself. And less for atacking lower age than yourself.

DeletedUser

Hmm, that is good to know!

And, as for the GBs getting "tweaked" (NERFED); it is like giving a good kid the promised lollipop, only to take it away and replace it with a sucker. =p

DeletedUser9128

It looks like I got seriously confused. I just confirmed with slingers I got the same for killing spearmen as I did with trebuchets. 108 points each, not 90. Same for my EMA city and LMA city(in two different servers, of course.) I totally misread something. I thought you got more for attacking units higher age than yourself. And less for atacking lower age than yourself.

I think this is because of the happiness bonus after a battle. 90x1.2=108

DeletedUser6514

Our head developer actually mentioned in the forums that there is a purpose for blueprints for gb that you already own. So getting rid of them is not an option. Look I know some things as they are changed look crazy to change it to... but they are changed for a reason. Statistics are looked at...... things are measured. I myself have mentioned time after time that if your unsure of spending money on a beta where things can get changed at a moments notice then dont spend the money. (hows that for what some players call a corperate puppet :P ) Things are coming up fast that are massive changes and we are trying to prepare for them. Changing certain aspects (over abundance of over powered great buildings being one) to balance things for later when guild wars start up and the new battle system and rewards is something that has to happen. Changes you look at and say omg WHHYYYY!!!?!?!?! need to happen.

Though on the other spectrum things that you think are blaringly obvious (get rid of bp for gb we own) dont happen because there are facets to the game that need and require what you think is useless. The game now is about 50% released. I think the last time I said that back in October I think... or september I said the game was 30% released when people were complaining of changes that were happening in preperation for great buildings. Just have patience and realize that things are apt to change... sometimes for the better.. sometimes for the worse (you greedy medal hounds lol) but every change is ALWAYS carefully thought out and planned in balance for how things are now... and how things are going to be when certain other things are released to the public later on.

Blacksmith I know you said you were done replying to this thread so I'm not expecting a response by any means. That being said, maybe you can pass this question on to your head developer or whoever else has answers that they feel us players don't need to know right now. And if it's already been answered, someone please point me in the right direction. In regards to us continuing to get blueprints for buildings we already have built, when will the reasoning behind this portion of the game be implemented? Personally I really hope it makes a lot of sense when it does become available because right now it really seems like it was just something that wasn't thought out. Even though I can't see how many, I know for a fact I have duplicates of the Deal Castle and Lighthouse blueprints that I can do nothing with. Everyday I motivate or polish 100+ people in an attempt to get blueprints I don't have and lately all I get is those two. Now is that just bad luck or bad coding? I would feel a lot better if the coding wasn't done properly and and I knew there was a fix on the way. Instead we get, It's an important part of the game that will be addressed later. I wonder what the people who don't read the forums think about broken features like this...

DeletedUser

the most important balancing act is still not sorted the small neighbor hoods..this should have been the most important balancing act of the lot,,so that all players have the same chance to score xp points..some of us like to climb the leaderboard although its only a board it gives us a purpose...guilds like to be no 1 players like to see there name high on the board..its an individual thing .so when i can only do 41 fights in 24 hour and the person i am chasing can do 79 that is a huge in balance..and to me much more pressing than balancing a few building because a few people thought they were to powerful

This guy makes a valid point. If you have spent everything you have on research and on supporting great buildings with forge points...
The last vestige of potential growth you have remaining, is to harass your neighbors. However, the best 'xp' points are gained by fighting to win province parts on the map. I have won most of my points that way. If I can fight to win a sector of a province on the map, it is worth more than 10 battles with neighbors. I prefer to support most of my neighbors - unless they attack or plunder me first!
Too many guys think that they can win this game by harassing their lowbie neighbors. How about trying to conquer map pieces, instead?

DeletedUser8813

This guy makes a valid point. If you have spent everything you have on research and on supporting great buildings with forge points...
The last vestige of potential growth you have remaining, is to harass your neighbors. However, the best 'xp' points are gained by fighting to win province parts on the map. I have won most of my points that way. If I can fight to win a sector of a province on the map, it is worth more than 10 battles with neighbors. I prefer to support most of my neighbors - unless they attack or plunder me first!
Too many guys think that they can win this game by harassing their lowbie neighbors. How about trying to conquer map pieces, instead?

well thanks..my map is finished.
well it seems that the more advanced neighbor hoods are getting considerable higher scores for there battles which is good for them..but us in the less developed hoods are getting considerably lower scores..just makes the gap harder to breach now ..well done got the balance right on this one

DeletedUser

[Mandrubar's Surprise] - The quest no longer requires players to complete the "Multistory Houses" technology.

Can I have my diamonds back please?

As for the nerf on Deal Castle... I think I will give it a week, if it's not changed back I'll be quitting. I've spent 100's of forge points on my own and my friends Deal castles only for this to happen. It's a robbery. I certainly won't be wasting any more money on diamonds.

As for the "It's a beta" excuse. If it's a beta, stop advertising it on TV. Everyone knows it will never get beyond beta, you've already saturated your market.

@milady - some of us completed the map months ago.

How about fixing some real issues with the game, like the fact that it takes 350MB to run a flash game?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Everyone knows it will never get beyond beta, you've already saturated your market.

Hope that`s not going to happen. The idea behind the game is very good. And that comes from a guy who tried quite a few online strategy games, not to mention working in the industry.
If they manage to stop screwing us over some medals and render our effort useless hence alienating players, this game could be great.
I dont want to be in the shoes of those who actually paid RL money to have the Deal castle and then find their medal gain cut in half...

A bit off the topic but when will we have the chat on the .en worlds? I see its live on the beta server (yes the beta game has a beta server!) and its not bad at all. I especially like we have the neighbourhood chat room and cant wait after a round of plundering the neighbourhood to read how they would like to interact with my mother and other family members. :D
Leaving sarcasm aside the chat looks pretty good.

DeletedUser

Can I have my diamonds back please?

As for the nerf on Deal Castle... I think I will give it a week, if it's not changed back I'll be quitting. I've spent 100's of forge points on my own and my friends Deal castles only for this to happen. It's a robbery. I certainly won't be wasting any more money on diamonds.

As for the "It's a beta" excuse. If it's a beta, stop advertising it on TV. Everyone knows it will never get beyond beta, you've already saturated your market.

@milady - some of us completed the map months ago.

How about fixing some real issues with the game, like the fact that it takes 350MB to run a flash game?

agree with the last part. i feel like this game shouldn't need to consume such large resources on my computer.

oh, and I also agree about the bit about it being in "beta" forever. normal games do not have eight worlds running on one server, and 24 different servers plus a BETA server, all running the game in multiple worlds. In fact, I counted a total of 91 servers total running the game, PLUS a beta server.

as for the part about the Deal Castle, I feel like you're blowing it out of proportion. It still provides happiness. It still provides medals at an insanely fast rate. Just because it's not giving medals at an absurdly high rate doesn't make it brokenly bad.

DeletedUser3157

Oh camoon W, they are only medals, who cares about those. U are after ur 5000 medal expansion or smth similar right? Besides u got ur deal maxed weeks, if maybe not even a month ago..Mine is at lvl 4 or smth, so I think i beat u with the "missed out more" factor.

Besides if medals even were that super important, then deal castle was batpoo crazy overpowered. You are a PvP guy yourself and have won more battles than anyone else in any world, so you could see the absurd comparison between 2 alternative methods of gathering them. First one is winning all 6 towers in your naberhood to gather 550 medals per week. That's putting in hours and hours of fighting and finding ways to sustain and find space for loads of different military buildings. Or if u pick easyer route and win only ur HMA LMA CA it would be 480 per week(smth I'm quite sure I've done every consective week since release of CA). Alternative is clicking at some building 7 times and you earn 1372 medals(672 now) just like that. Besides the "alternative" way could be easly be just bought with diamonds. U can't win ur towers with only just diamonds. Now tell me how that ever made sence to begin with :P

To me these GB changes were suprsing in a way that almost nothing changed. Some useless 2ndary bonuses u barely even notice got slightly lowered and one building who produces kinda useless stuff anyways at some riddicolously overpowered rate had that output cut by half.

Edit: About my yesterday mention of collect points change: there seems to be no change with pts formula on its own, but there is a huge bug regarding collect points going on nevertheless. So I wasn't seeing ghosts yesterday, I just expirenced a bug and mistook it for a 0.26 change. I just found the exact source/cause of the bug and informed the stuff about it via a ticket.

DeletedUser

I am a little disappointed in the Deal Castle thing....at some point the medals could be more useful and the reduction in rate per 24 hours seemed extreme.

DeletedUser276

In regards to us continuing to get blueprints for buildings we already have built, when will the reasoning behind this portion of the game be implemented?

I really wish I could tell you mate. But I am not allowed to release that information to the public. I do know what it is though and that its an ok thing. Definately better than what is available now with those blueprints.... then again anything is better than what is done now with them and my words come across empty.

Sometimes it is frustrating knowing what I know on everything that is coming out for the game but unable to share it when I see the frustration in the forums. Some things I have let slip in the past (intentionally ;) ) but have gotten in trouble for it. Grit your teeth mate and brace yourself. By the time Summer hits this game will be an almost different game.

DeletedUser653

BS - can you at least confirm if its better to keep trading and risk losing one (odds for the last one are 1:9 that you get the one you need) when you get yet another duplicate or to sit on them for the "new feature"?

DeletedUser276

mmm I think its about even. If you have tons of duplicate bps across multiple gbs you might want to hold onto them. But if you really want that 1 bp then go ahead and trade for it.

I think like most of the game this also falls under what is your particular play style. The reason I love this game is you have so many choices but how you do it is totally up to you.

DeletedUser

-Double clicking on units in the army management will now only select a maximum of 8 units, as only 8 units can be used in battle.

This is not working properly, it's only selecting the units in that specific page of the unit pool.

-The Social bar now stays anchored after a visit/attack, and no longer snaps back to the rank #1 player.

This is working properly when i attack but after i plunder, the social bar goes back to my rank instead of staying anchored.

DeletedUser7719

Both are already confirmed as bugs. I hope the devs can fix these soon (rather than make us chat even more about the problems about this game)

DeletedUser

So if you're going to nerf the Deal Castle, how about scaling it down to 6x6 or 5x5? Keeping it the same size and cutting the medals in half is just cheap.

Also, what's the point of decreasing the happiness on the Frauenkirche and increasing the goods? There are plenty of other GBs that give bigger amounts of goods, if you're building a Frauenkirche it's probably because of the happiness primarily.