• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Changelog 0.26 - discussion thread

DeletedUser7128

The fact that the game is in Beta is agreed and understood. However as per the General Terms and conditions of Innogames referring to Clause 7.12 dealing with Premium content their might be repercussions to this change. Think me with my limited knowledge of Laws and Contracts.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8813

just a question about the battle point adjustment...it looks like fighting the default defence is now only going to give 180 points ,,so i am in a small hood where the majority of them have the default..so i am going to lose points in the update is this correct

DeletedUser6965

just a question about the battle point adjustment...it looks like fighting the default defence is now only going to give 180 points ,,so i am in a small hood where the majority of them have the default..so i am going to lose points in the update is this correct
yes, u will get 216battlepoints instead of 240 battlepoints in each fight (120%). So if u fought 5 months each day against 50players with 2 spearmen -> 50*5*4*7 = 7000 fights. For each fight u will loose 240-216=24BattlePoints=0.5 ranking Points.
--> u will loose about 3500Rankingpoints for fighting 5 months against spearmen

DeletedUser7719

lol, you think that's bad, the re-balance in battle points is waayyyyy worse

Btw, I think the medals is quite fair: max # of medals earned from PvP: 550
medals earned in a week from Deal Castle (at level 10) in v0.26: 658
Hey! You people with a Deal Castle. Listen to this!!!!! Above your 100% defensive bonus, you still get more medals a week than the maximum amount you can get from winning all the towers!

DeletedUser8813

yes, u will get 216battlepoints instead of 240 battlepoints in each fight (120%). So if u fought 5 months each day against 50players with 2 spearmen -> 50*5*4*7 = 7000 fights. For each fight u will loose 240-216=24BattlePoints=0.5 ranking Points.
--> u will loose about 3500Rankingpoints for fighting 5 months against spearmen

well that just sux...its bad enough having to fight the default defence .(that i have no control over)but then to get punished for it as well that is just a kick in the teeth..and i dont mind the new levels but why back date them.

DeletedUser

Rebalancing of units and great buildings

This is one big joke. The authors next time show that they pick in the rules. Since when it's possible change the rules game during the game ??????

The information that GB overpower non paying players were a long time ago and this was the time for changes, but at now, when the other players equalized the chances you wake up and you change the rules. Congrats! Indeed, brains.

The statement that is beta version sounds like next joke. After one year?! For the meantime computer programmers can create new operating system but your software developers still can not create simple IE for the battles. I'm sure that the children from primary school can prepare it much better. At this moment I suspect that in your team is only one programmer. I don't see another account so slowness work.

I hope that in 0.27 version bounce back and we must not wait for it too long time.

DeletedUser7128

@ byeordie...seems you have a crystall ball as someone else said seeing as you knew the exact calculation before it was public.
There is no way for 1 player to win all the towers if that player is in an active neighbourhood.

And Us people with deal castles did not invent them, we worked for them whether by diamonds or luck. So until you have one you won’t understand our situation.

DeletedUser8813

@ byeordie...seems you have a crystall ball as someone else said seeing as you knew the exact calculation before it was public.
There is no way for 1 player to win all the towers if that player is in an active neighbourhood.

And Us people with deal castles did not invent them, we worked for them whether by diamonds or luck. So until you have one you won’t understand our situation.
yes i am a little disappointed with the big drop in fps for deal .as i did pay for my deal with diamonds because of what it offered at the time of purchase..now it has been dropped by half.... it is a bit disappointing ...

DeletedUser12485

Not to impressed with GB Changes. Mainly for Deal Castle. I worked very hard and donated a number of FP in order to gain the deal castle GB because medals required for expansion. It is very difficult to obtain enough medals for city expansion. It is a huge decrease in medal production and not fair to those who worked very hard to get this GB for the medals. Also this GB takes a lot of space but that was ok because of being able to gain a lot of medals for expansion. My 2 cents!!

DeletedUser6514

Derp. Read my post again.

Maybe you can explain exactly what you meant in your post because part of what you wrote sounds like your complaining about attacking "impossible enemy cities".

And just to put my .02 regarding the changes to great buildings, I really think these are changes that shouldn't be made. And yes I get this is a "beta" game but at the same time a lot of people worked hard and had a ton of patience to get certain buildings. I have a Lighthouse and a Deal Castle and both of my buildings are being changed. The Deal Castle hurts the most because it was the hardest to get. It cost me a lot of time and forge points. Now I felt I've been cheated because one of my castle bonuses is being dropped by half. Not 10-25% but 50%... Before you guys start making changes to the great building bonuses, how about you fix the system in getting blueprints. Duplicates, duplicates, duplicates. For starters how about you make it so you can't get anymore blueprints for buildings you already have built. And then when that's done, maybe fix the trading 2:1 just to get another duplicate and start the process all over again. You guys made getting blueprints extremely hard to get in the first place, now you're taking away what we bought into getting in the first place.

DeletedUser276

Hey folks... guess I shouldnt go for supper :D so much posted that I am just now getting back to.

so will everyone else. I dont know the exact reason why it was dropped but I can put forth conjecture just like everyone else can ;)

Here is my thoughts on why they were changed. Looking at the points the lower point players were taking a beating getting picked on by higher players. So with higher age troops being worth way more points than lower age troops, those that were cowardly and picked on low age troops will have their points dropped. Those that have spread out their attacks through the ages and attacked everyone wont notice much as some points went down and some went up which will mostly even things out. While on the other hand those that attacked higher age troops and concentrated on them will get a massive boost in points. So really the only ones I think dropping in points are the ones that try for the easy out and pick on low age troops. Getting sympathy for dropping points for that is kinda hard to come by.

This is one big joke. The authors next time show that they pick in the rules. Since when it's possible change the rules game during the game ??????

Since this is a beta and not a complete game. This has been mentioned numerous times... but not many read the threads I guess.

The information that GB overpower non paying players were a long time ago and this was the time for changes, but at now, when the other players equalized the chances you wake up and you change the rules. Congrats! Indeed, brains.

Why thank you... we do have brains :) so nice of others to notice. Though I dont see how 'other players equalized the chances' as things have remained the same.

The statement that is beta version sounds like next joke. After one year?!

if you knew what you were talking about you would realize that games remain in beta for a year to a year and a have from conception. We have been around now for 10 months.

Not to impressed with GB Changes. Mainly for Deal Castle. I worked very hard and donated a number of FP in order to gain the deal castle GB because medals required for expansion. It is very difficult to obtain enough medals for city expansion. It is a huge decrease in medal production and not fair to those who worked very hard to get this GB for the medals. Also this GB takes a lot of space but that was ok because of being able to gain a lot of medals for expansion. My 2 cents!!

The problem was there were too many people going for it BECAUSE it was over powered and giving out too many medals. We upped the Colosseum medals... yay us. It is difficult to obtain medals. That was done on purpose. As said in oohhhh 4-5 posts of mine in the forums since this morning... the gb are always under review. Now that this is changed it will be reviewed so as to see if the medals being rewarded are too low. If so then it will be adjusted back up but I doubt as high as before.

Before you guys start making changes to the great building bonuses, how about you fix the system in getting blueprints. Duplicates, duplicates, duplicates. For starters how about you make it so you can't get anymore blueprints for buildings you already have built.

Our head developer actually mentioned in the forums that there is a purpose for blueprints for gb that you already own. So getting rid of them is not an option. Look I know some things as they are changed look crazy to change it to... but they are changed for a reason. Statistics are looked at...... things are measured. I myself have mentioned time after time that if your unsure of spending money on a beta where things can get changed at a moments notice then dont spend the money. (hows that for what some players call a corperate puppet :P ) Things are coming up fast that are massive changes and we are trying to prepare for them. Changing certain aspects (over abundance of over powered great buildings being one) to balance things for later when guild wars start up and the new battle system and rewards is something that has to happen. Changes you look at and say omg WHHYYYY!!!?!?!?! need to happen.

Though on the other spectrum things that you think are blaringly obvious (get rid of bp for gb we own) dont happen because there are facets to the game that need and require what you think is useless. The game now is about 50% released. I think the last time I said that back in October I think... or september I said the game was 30% released when people were complaining of changes that were happening in preperation for great buildings. Just have patience and realize that things are apt to change... sometimes for the better.. sometimes for the worse (you greedy medal hounds lol) but every change is ALWAYS carefully thought out and planned in balance for how things are now... and how things are going to be when certain other things are released to the public later on.

DeletedUser8813

so will everyone else. I dont know the exact reason why it was dropped but I can put forth conjecture just like everyone else can

Here is my thoughts on why they were changed. Looking at the points the lower point players were taking a beating getting picked on by higher players. So with higher age troops being worth way more points than lower age troops, those that were cowardly and picked on low age troops will have their points dropped. Those that have spread out their attacks through the ages and attacked everyone wont notice much as some points went down and some went up which will mostly even things out. While on the other hand those that attacked higher age troops and concentrated on them will get a massive boost in points. So really the only ones I think dropping in points are the ones that try for the easy out and pick on low age troops. Getting sympathy for dropping points for that is kinda hard to come by.

i would not say it was cowardly..i would say no choice i have 44 in my hood and nearly all have token defences.i cant control that.only a few have a defense representative of there era..so you are saying that i should just stop attacking because my hood wont put up defenses..so because my hood wont defend and only about 3 have a representative army i should only attack 3 in the hood..how does this relate as fair to players in the same situation

DeletedUser276

dont worry Hawr I know your not cowardly :) Some just dont have a choice. Most though do as the neighborhoods are more diverse than they used to be.

there are more spots in tournament towers than 1st. Attacking all your nieghbors will still get you there. I consistantly get 2nd or 3rd through this tact as most of my nieghbors dont put up defenders either. But by what i see they dont get any points either then. So balance and fairness is still had.

DeletedUser13225

Remburse my money spent on Deal Castle please!!!

This sudden change to rewards for GB's is out of order, players (some have spent money like myself) have worked to get these for the rewards that were on offer! We'll if your going to change the product i'd like a refund for the amount of Diamonds i actually spent getting my Deal Castle..... i spent 6000 diamonds getting that Castle so seeing that the product has been devalued when shall i get my refund??????? You can not change the rules half way through but another sickener you send Da Vinci into our cities with BP's for medals.... with the amount of medals i was earning i spent around 2000 medals on the con man.... got nothing but duplicates lol but they no worries i earn enough medals to cover this but NO FoE have changed all that within a couple of weeks of Da Vinci rinsing me of nearly 2k of medals and that'll mean expansions will have to wait longer and another 2k longer after Da Vinci!! Think it maybe time to call it a day with the game and never spend money again to innogames!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Please discuss

Hello Kings and Queens of FoE

The update will take place on February 6th 2013. Please be aware that there will be a short period of downtime during the update, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused by this.

Features/Improvements:
-Duplicate blueprints are now displayed more clearly in the reward screen.
-If a player is dismissed from a guild, this is now recorded in the player's event overview screen.
-The autocollect feature now also works for plundered buildings.
-The "2:1 Blueprintgtrade feature now displays the selected Blueprints for a trade more clearly.
-To avoid spam, the maximum amount of replies to a message has been capped at 100.
-Double clicking on units in the army management will now only select a maximum of 8 units, as only 8 units can be used in battle.
-The "clear message" button no longer also deletes recipients.
-Clicking on the top right event icons will now move the screen to the nearest affected structure to which this event applies.
-Points gained for killing battle units have been rebalanced.
-Bonuses for Great Buildings have been rebalanced (the bonus remains the same, but the value has been changed).

Quest:
[Build all Goods Buildings] - The quest takes has been simplified.
[Mandrubar's Surprise] - The quest no longer requires players to complete the "Multistory Houses" technology.
Some mistakes in quest texts have been corrected.

Bugs:
-Crashes related to disconnecting buildings have been minimized.
-Premium flag buyers are no longer hassled with unnecessary purchase pop-ups in the guild administration window.
-Purchasing missing Goods for great Buildings no longer requires a page refresh to take affect.
-The Double Production Premium feature now displays the correct cost of 20 diamonds.
-An exploit which allowed players to receive multiple special event buildings was fixed.
-The Social bar now stays anchored after a visit/attack, and no longer snaps back to the rank #1 player.
-Some players could not continue unfinished battles. This issue has been solved.
-The "Important" setting in the guild forum now works as intended once more.
-Great buildings you donated to now display your rewards correctly.
-A scroll-bar no longer appears on the right side of the screen when you play Forge of Empires with Chrome.
-A Guild Forum window display bug has been fixed.
-Accepting a guild invitation no longer causes a scroll-over display bug.
-A courser bug involving motivating and then returning to a battle was resolved.
-Accepted goods in the event overview are now displayed in the correct order.
-Using the All Guild Members message option when there are no other members in the guild was displaying and invalid name prompt. This problem has now been fixed.
-Long usernames with 24 characters could overlap the city name's bar when using the mouse over function. This has now been corrected.
-In the forum, there was an error when closing poll, which has now been fixed.
-In the description for the Cathedral of Aachen there was excessive space between 'The' and 'Cathedral'. This has now been corrected.
-Some text and grammatical errors have been corrected.
-The scroll wheel on the mouse did not affect scroll bars within the game.
-When creating a guild, points of the guild creator were not being applied.

DeletedUser10135

I'm also very disappointed with the Deal Castle medal decrease : my expansions cost me 6,000 medals. Even when winning 215 medals a day with a Deal Castle and Colosseum and winning the CA PvP tournament in a poor 50-player neigborhood (with many without defense armies) I had to wait a month for such an expansion. Now it's even worse. Most of all expansions costs grow more & more. The more you progress in the game, the more difficult to progress more....

Believe me building GB cost so much space especially when you did in their introduction with a BP drop rate quite low : 200-250 interactions to hope to get one...

Patience patience

Another thing : after attacking and plundering a neighbour, my scroll bar still returns to first ranks which is upsetting

DeletedUser

only the bonus on deal castle dropped? it did give way to many medals ,now i can say colosseum is not that bad anymore :)

DeletedUser

This sudden change to rewards for GB's is out of order, players (some have spent money like myself) have worked to get these for the rewards that were on offer! We'll if your going to change the product i'd like a refund for the amount of Diamonds i actually spent getting my Deal Castle..... i spent 6000 diamonds getting that Castle so seeing that the product has been devalued when shall i get my refund??????? You can not change the rules half way through but another sickener you send Da Vinci into our cities with BP's for medals.... with the amount of medals i was earning i spent around 2000 medals on the con man.... got nothing but duplicates lol but they no worries i earn enough medals to cover this but NO FoE have changed all that within a couple of weeks of Da Vinci rinsing me of nearly 2k of medals and that'll mean expansions will have to wait longer and another 2k longer after Da Vinci!! Think it maybe time to call it a day with the game and never spend money again to innogames!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Yes they can its a Beta :P

DeletedUser10337

The change has broken the troop selection functionality. Earlier you were able to select troops across multiple pages and move them over to attacking army. This was necessary/helpful as you will have to select the right age units and there is no filter by age.

Now you can select only on the current page; when you page over the selection on current page is lost. This is very annoying.

DeletedUser

my oh my this is the worst update ever!! why now the military unit can only click one at a time to the attacking mode...usually b4 this when you double-clicked it will select all...

DeletedUser

my oh my this is the worst update ever!!
Well, that's a little drastic..

why now the military unit can only click one at a time to the attacking mode...usually b4 this when you double-clicked it will select all...
Because bugs happen when new features are implemented. As has happened at nearly every update to date. And hot fixes to fix these bugs are quite quickly done as well, just like with every update before this one.
But if you check the post right before yours, it's saying the exact same thing already. ;)

Edit: Ah, you're speaking of double clicking not working. I suggest you try again or lower the double-click speed of your mouse.

- L