• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Changelog 0.10.1 discussion

DeletedUser17

Hello players,

Please leave your feedback questions and comments about the 0.10.1 update below:

Hello Players and Forum Goers,

The 0.10.1 update will be implemented on 27.06.2012. A short downtime will occur while we update the game, we apologize for the inconvenience. We would like to thank all the players, mods, and devs who contributed to this list via forum, support-ticket or skype. We are very appreciative for your help and continuing support. We know this update contains some very important features, and we are looking forward to developing the game further. Thank you for your effort everyone!

Various Features
  • It is now possible to replace residential buildings by building a new house on top of an existing one. This action will replace the building underneath.
  • The message box now has an inbox and an outbox tab to improve your communication overview.
  • An e-mail validation reminder appears at the bottom of the screen if you have not registered your e-mail. If you use this link to register your e-mail you will receive 30 diamonds.
  • In every screen that has a page changer, you can manually put in a number like "5" and directly go from page 10/50 to page 5/50 and so on.

Neighborhood Merging
  • To increase the activity in the neighborhoods and to improve trade we have implemented a solution that will let us merge existing neighbourhoods together.
Neighborhood Merging Info:
  • Every Monday at 3 AM neighborhoods will be merged if possible.
  • All Tournaments are stopped between 2 PM and 8 PM on Sunday, and start again after merging has been completed, around 8 AM monday morning.
  • Neighborhoods with similar average points will be merged to add up around 80 active players.
  • "Similar points" means that the average points of Neighborhood 1 may not be higher/lower then 40% of the average points of Neighborhood 2. (neighborhoods with roughly the same points will be merged together).
  • Example: If neighborhood 1 contains 23 active players, neighborhood 2 contains 20 active players and neighborhood 3 contains 33 active players, and all these have the approx. same average score, they will be merged together.
  • Neighborhoods can only merge up to 80 active players.
  • If your friends are active you will not be merged away from them. All active players will be kept together in the same neighbourhood.
  • If an inactive player comes back, he will come back to the merged neighborhood where he will find a few familiar faces, this will happen even if the neighborhood already has 80 players.
  • Inactive player: Someone who does not play or login to Foe for a period of time.(Stone and Bonzeage: 3 days, All other ages: 7 days)

Guilds
  • Guild members may now trade between each other for free(no forge points required). Guild member trading is not restricted by neighbourhoods anymore. All trades have a trading restriction ratio ( must be between 0.66 and 1.5) to avoid exploits. A setting in the auction house allows you to view offers from your guild members(shield icon).
  • It is now possible for Guild founders to demote each other.
  • We added some missing translations in the Guild forum overview.
  • The guild forum lock thread tool now clearly display if it is enabled or not.
  • The guild forum can now be opened in a new tab so that you can play at the same time.
  • Added a bunch of new guild flags to chose from.

The Event Window
  • You see if you have been attacked or supported.
  • You will get feedback if somebody accepted your trade offer.
  • You will get updates of happenings in your guild. You will see such info as, Members left, joined, was kicked, went up a age, new founder was appointed, guild changed name, flag change, description or a player was invited.
  • You can open it up from the Town hall, in the section "News".

Global Ranking
  • You, your neighbors and guild mates are now highlighted in the Global rankings. You are coloured in another colour while your Neighbors and Guild mates have icons after their names.
  • You can now search for a player by entering his exact name.
  • You can toggle though pages by editing the number of the page in the page selector.
  • There is now a feedback message given when you already invited someone from the Global ranking to your guild.

General Bugs
  • The scroll-over text of disconnected houses was not formatted properly. This issue has been fixed.
  • The guild forum sometimes froze. This should not happen anymore.
  • A deleted conversation can correctly not be answered too anymore.
  • Quick resource collection should no longer crash the game.
  • The music and sfx sound controls were not always responsive. This is now fixed.
  • The Army management menu page numbers are now correct.
  • Moving a building into a locked space would cause it to become invisible. This is no longer possible.
  • Various quests could be completed before the conditions were fulfilled. This has been fixed (sorry ;) )
  • An exploit which boosted your population through unconnected houses was fixed.
  • It was possible to plunder and motivate/polish a player within 24 hours. Once again only one option is now possible.
  • Three expansions were not unlocked for players in the past. These will now be available.
  • Creating a guild sometimes crashed the game. This has been fixed. *NEW
  • An infinite goods trade exploit was fixed. *NEW
  • Attacking a neighbor would sometimes crash the game. This has been solved. *NEW
  • The map was sometimes unresponsive. This has been corrected. *NEW
  • Guild members can no longer attack each other though the PVP tower. *NEW
  • Plundering a neighbor sometimes crashed the game. This will no longer occur *NEW
  • Volume settings are now saved and remembered on your next login. *NEW
  • The Global ranking jumps to the players rank now, instead of the number 1 player's position. *NEW

Improved Quests
  • "Research the Whole High Middle Age" - The requirements are now set to research 3 technologies of the HMA instead of 4.
  • "Mobilize fresh troops" - The requirements are now recognized.
  • "Knowledge is Power" - The military research is now acknowledged by the quest.
  • "Build modern goods buildings" the conditions are now recognized.
  • "Doctor house" quest can now be completed. *NEW

Battle
  • The ATTACK terrain bonuses are now correctly displayed on the battlefield.
  • In some cases the battles were reset if a crash occurred. This has been fixed.
  • Some battle movement predictions were false for some units (example: Berserkers, Heavy Infantry and archers).
  • Some AI units could walk further than displayed. This is no longer the case.
  • Long range artillery units sometimes crashed the battles for some players.

Sincerely,

The Forge of Empires Team

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Wow! Thats like we are getting 0.11.0 version! :) Lots of updates, lots of improvements. Excellent job!

One request though - could you please show that message in game too so all the players could se and prepare? Not many actually do read forum. For example about upcoming 0.10 change over 2000 people read in forum (and more in game) and about upcoming changes just 400+ later without announcement in game. (based on views statistics in forum)

DeletedUser

Looking good. Can't wait.

Will the current tournaments finish on the update day? And we will be rewarded for them then?

Will the medal global ranking also be working now?

DeletedUser

I think I have died, and gone to FoE heaven, lol. Thanks for posting this, and eagerly looking forward to it. BTW, most of the texts say," now you can." now means when the update comes out, not actually now.<--- that is to make sure people do not get confused, lol. Anyway, thank you so much.

DeletedUser

Guilds
  • ... All trades have a trading restriction ratio ( must be between 0.66 and 1.5) to avoid exploits. A setting in the auction house allows you to view offers from your guild members(shield icon).
  • It is now possible for Guild founders to demote each other....

I like the changes :), but just have questions on these two points:
Is it possible for an appointed founder to demote the actual founder of a guild? This could lead to some nasty takeover behaviour :eek:

Is the trading ratio only in the guild or is it global?
I sometimes put up items at 2-3:1 just so I get them in a hurry, and shouldn't there be some kind of allowance for how much the item costs to produce? 100 for early, then 200 from what I've seen, and I presume later 400. So are we restricted to 2:3 as the best rate we can get even if the trade is say jewellery at 200 for lumber at 100? :p

Still a good game, keep it up

DeletedUser

All Tournaments are stopped at 2 PM and start again at 8 AM, after merging has been completed.

So does that mean tournaments will only be a week long then?Otherwise it will be unfair to merge players every week into already active tournaments.

If an inactive player comes back, he will come back to the merged neighborhood where he will find a few familiar faces, this will happen even if the neighborhood already has 80 players.

So does this mean some neighborhoods will have more then 80 people for a time or will those that come back be hidden to the neighborhood until the next merge date?

Also with the merging we need to be able to attack people in your guild if they are in your neighborhood other then simply using the pvp towers and have to hope they show up there.

People in your neighborhood should always have the attack option and if you switch over to the guild list you can remove that button but it should not be gone when in the neighborhood area.

DeletedUser

Neighborhood Merging Info:
  • Every Sunday 3 AM neighborhoods will be merged if possible.
  • All Tournaments are stopped at 2 PM and start again at 8 AM, after merging has been completed.

If a merge were to happen now what would happen to towers?
Currently I'm the only one on the EMA tower in my neighbourhood; If it gets merged there may be more. OK I can cope with that, hopefully I have enough points
My question is what happens if the days left are out of sequence? I have 5 days left to get the medals I need for an expansion, which I am desperate for :p
If the other neighbourhood has run a tournament previously this could be up to 14 days. Which time period gets used?
Also who will be the current champ? (OK this is minor but there's a bragging rights at stake here :rolleyes:)

DeletedUser

I am very happy with the new changes but have only one concern related to the towers. All my 5 towers have different times. They end 2-3 days one after another. Now why should I lose hard earned medals if the merge takes place BEFORE 1-2 days of my finishing towers?

DeletedUser

Excellent news, thank you :D

Moving a building into a locked space would cause it to become invisible. This is no longer possible.

Shame, I really liked that bug :) Found it helpful when planning future changes to my city layout since it enabled me to create a whole (apparently) 'empty' section and I could judge better how certain buildings would look in that new spot.

In some cases the battles were reset if a crash occurred. This has been fixed.

Does this refer to the bug that essentially gives us a 'do over' option for battles? You know, refresh the page or disconnect internet etc. mid-battle and when it loads up again we're offered the chance to 'Retreat' without any unit losses/injuries sustained? Or is this something else altogether?

DeletedUser

@Checkeredjester: the AM/PM indications are 'wrong' in your post... atleast i take it, this should read:

•Every Sunday 3 AM neighborhoods will be merged if possible.
•All Tournaments are stopped at 2 AM and start again at 8 AM, after merging has been completed.

So that the scedule is:
2 AM: tournaments stop
3 AM: neighborhoods merged if possible
8 AM (or after merging is complete): tournaments restart.
-------------------

I have one pre-feedback comment to make about the inactivity time, while i think the stone & bronze age times are ok, the other ages are somewhat short. See for a lot of people gaming is a weekend venture, and if for some reason there is a social activity during one weekend... Another is vacations, we are getting close to those months already, 2 to 3 week vacations are not uncommen, which could mean that when you come back after a vacation you find yourself in an inactive area without your friends :P ... this is btw. also related to the merger timer of every 7 days...

While atm. this server merger can't come soon enough :P , after the first merger things should be much better and a 7day scedule may well be to fast, esp. if one considderes progress time slows down as you get to higher ages. Hence i would like to say, make the scedule a bi-weekly thing, also related to the PvP-towers. Having 2 weeks of PvP fights (atleast for bronze), will also give 'you' more information to determain activity of players. Then after a tournament is complete, have an 6h window in which you merge neighbourhoods if applicable, to then start the tournament 'fresh' ...

Then for 'inactivity' in the higher ages, i would pick 3 weeks, meaning that a person can go on vacation or have other weekendly stuff to do and only 'miss' one tournament, if after these 3 weeks they don't pick up the game again, 'you' can toss them out of that neighbourhood at the end of the following tournament...
----------------------

Last bit concerns this:
•The ATTACK terrain bonuses are now correctly displayed on the battlefield.

Does this involve any different bonus than the +2 for bushes and +3 for forests? because i spend most of last night photoshopping some feedback in regards to battles (part of a larger planned 'battles' feedback & suggestion thread), and i do hope this time hasn't been invane :P

DeletedUser

Does replacing a residental building with another give us the sell value for the replaced building?

DeletedUser1081

•The ATTACK terrain bonuses are now correctly displayed on the battlefield.

Does this involve any different bonus than the +2 for bushes and +3 for forests?

bushes and forests provide defense bonusses for certain units; but what i understand by the statement in the changelog is that the attack bonusses (archers are stronger on rocks, long-range units get a boost on hills) are going to be correctly displayed.

but i may be misinterpreting that - i'm a notoriously literal-minded mink

DeletedUser2764

when comes the version to .se?

FoE going forward and forward if 2versions are FoE out from Beta i think for Innogames must work so hard for this version could be 11.0 so verry cood job innogames

DeletedUser17

Hi guys, note that the changelog was updated. Also the Merging explination was changed to the following:

-Every Monday at 3 AM neighborhoods will be merged if possible.
-All Tournaments are stopped between 2 PM and 8 PM on Sunday, and start again after merging has been completed, around 8 AM monday morning.

DeletedUser17

Does replacing a residental building with another give us the sell value for the replaced building?

Yes you do save your money, however the money is not refunded to you, instead the selling costs of the house underneath are subtracted to the building costs of the house above. This means you can build over an existing house and it will cost the same as selling and building a new house.

DeletedUser

bushes and forests provide defense bonusses for certain units; but what i understand by the statement in the changelog is that the attack bonusses (archers are stronger on rocks, long-range units get a boost on hills) are going to be correctly displayed.

but i may be misinterpreting that - i'm a notoriously literal-minded mink
Hmm if that is the case then indeed some of my work may have already been dealt with, oh well, perhaps I add some things that may well be interesting enough to implement...

@C.Jester, tnx for updating, i am not sure how different it is from what it was, but i do understand it better now... sunday between 2-8 PM the tourney stops, mergers are monday at 3 AM, tourneys restart a 8 AM monday :)

DeletedUser2764

when comes the new version (10.1) to the swedish version se.forgeofempires.com?

DeletedUser1176

Hi guys, note that the changelog was updated. Also the Merging explination was changed to the following:

-Every Monday at 3 AM neighborhoods will be merged if possible.
-All Tournaments are stopped between 2 PM and 8 PM on Sunday, and start again after merging has been completed, around 8 AM monday morning.

I got it now but a question remain: What will happen to all current Tournaments?? They end all 27/june and start new ones with neighborhood merging taking place on the same day, or the tournaments and merging will start only on the next sunday/monday after the update?

DeletedUser

The tower timing seems to be an issue
Maybe all current towers could be allowed to finish before a merge
And merging every week seems a bit too often, maybe once every two weeks
If it was once every two weeks all tower competitions could be co-ordinated, maybe 13 days of fighting with one day to view results, and then the mergers. Any non-tower fights on the result day could be carried forward to the next period.
I know that losing the 7 day tower will upset some but if the towers all ended on the same day, then if one starts only 2 days before then, it will be a 2 day tower
Otherwise if you merge every week then maybe towers should only be 7 days?