• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Change to Goods-producing Great Buildings

• Thread starter DeletedUser9070
  • Start date

DeletedUser9070

Proposal
Change the goods produced by Great Buildings (Tower of Babel - Lighthouse of Alexandria - St. Mark's Basilica - Frauenkirche of Dresden - ...future GBs) to a % boost increased on all goods buildings.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Yep and nope.

Reason
Currently we are all enjoying the nice advantage of having such Great Buildings that produce current age goods on a daily basis, saving us population and running costs that of current age goods building would normally do.

That is all fine and dandy but something struck me as Industrial Age drew near and the excitement in researching / constructing and planning new buildings from a completely new content that took precious time from the devs, I somewhat just thought that I wouldn't necessarily want or be bothered in using ANY of the Industrial Age Goods Buildings, having currently 3 Great Buildings providing me with
over 30 current age goods feel its well enough as it is to get me through the new age. (Even more if I had Babel which Im working on..).
The icing on the cake is that it's also random so you no longer care whether you have a specific node or not as trading with other players having similar will take care of that.

I just got a bit sad when I thought I might not even use any of the new buildings that the devs had made for us.
It is true that on paper having 3 of those Great Buildings seem very "lucky" but I can assure you it is very easy to get Great Buildings, way too easy but I guess that goes for another rant. ( I have spent 0$ and have all the Great Buildings except a few blueprints for Babel. )

Details
I propose changing the bonus for something like a % boost of any goods you are producing.
It would give players a bit more strategy and planning to use certain goods buildings they would want boosted up.
It would also retain the goods "specializations" players get every age (2 / age) as nowadays it has gone out of the window to be honest.

Balance/Abuse Prevention
None needed.

PS: I know players are going to build Industrial Age goods buildings but not as much as it won't be necessary, only for the first rush of the InA cycle - the only players that would want to keep them are the big spenders who can afford to have them laying about in their expansive city.

Xerk.

DeletedUser7719

I would be confused of how this would work with the goods buildings without a bonus...

DeletedUser9070

I would be confused of how this would work with the goods buildings without a bonus...

Whats there for be confused about? if you have 50% bonus from such GBs then the non-bonus'ed goods will also be boosted by 50%.
Therefore if you had a good production on 4h giving you 2 goods, with this system you'd receive 3.
Now I don't know what would happen if you only had 10% bonus on that example but it could be acknowledged by the player that having such low % boost on a goods building he doesn't have bonus for just won't give him any extras, that would be the only comprise I guess.